Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Hiring process was through staffing company.
    One telephonic interview followed by analytical test and in person interviews at CRD headquarter in Burlington, MA.
    Interview process was not aligned as defined by recruiter.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Phone interview was followed by in person interview, analytical test and reference check. The interview process was quick except that the recruiter whom I interacted never even cared to explain about the benefits, company etc and was just simply rude.

Interview Questions
    • One of the person who interviewed was very critical of the company policies especially the 9 hr a day and no work from home policy. This was very uncomfortable as well as surprising especially during the interview process.   View Answer

Fix Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of interview was taken for this position which includes 2 senior members, 1 manager and 1 written on Analytical and paragraph writing.
    Interviewers are mostly concentrating on my previous projects experience and willingness on open position.
    Once I cleared all the above, they arranged an Telephonic round with VP.
    I appreciate their Recruiter and Interview process is quiet fast as per my request.

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Strong focus on financial services industry knowledg and experience. A similar focus on project management, business analysis, and communication skills - you must be excellent in all three to have any chance.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through specificv examples of a project you have managed in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    Reaspnable - they communicate and make decisions quickly

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Phone screen followed by a full day of interviews, an an extemporaneous writing sample

Interview Questions
    • You are often asked to rate your own skill level in key areas   View Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

The hiring process was pretty easy going I liked the recruiter a lot. The interview was a couple hours and started with a logic test as you might see in a college math logic class. Then There were 4 or 5 separate 1 on 1 interviews with different levels of employees: developers, team leads, and a director

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were tough for my lacking of expertise but not particularly difficult. Data structure questions, object oriented focused questions, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in February 2012.

Met with 4 different teams, had a tech test. Had to sign NDA.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Pretty standard interview process with one round of interviews including an exam.

Offer was put on the table with no negotiating available and accepted the offer regardless.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charles River Development? Contribute to the Community!