Charles River Development

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview Details Phone screen followed by a full day of interviews, an an extemporaneous writing sample

Interview Question – You are often asked to rate your own skill level in key areas   View Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty easy going I liked the recruiter a lot. The interview was a couple hours and started with a logic test as you might see in a college math logic class. Then There were 4 or 5 separate 1 on 1 interviews with different levels of employees: developers, team leads, and a director

Interview Question – Some of the technical questions were tough for my lacking of expertise but not particularly difficult. Data structure questions, object oriented focused questions, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in February 2012.

Interview Details Met with 4 different teams, had a tech test. Had to sign NDA.

Interview Question – Can't talk about it, but know physics and ood :)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Support Specialist Interview

Product Support Specialist
Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Interview Details Pretty standard interview process with one round of interviews including an exam.

Negotiation Details – Offer was put on the table with no negotiating available and accepted the offer regardless.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview Details I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Interview Question – difference between mutex and semaphore   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in October 2013.

Interview Details I have previous experience working with CRD, and decided to reach out and apply for the IM position. After extensive discussion with the recruiter, and an in person interview with 4 employees - I felt they had the opportunity to get to know me very well as a person/potential employee. I was able to ask adequate questions, and was satisfied with the process.

Interview Question – Since you are speaking with members of the team that are above your level coming in, they truly test every strength and weakness. By far the most difficult was the analytical test at the end of the interview.   Answer Question

RM Interview

Interviewed at Charles River Development

Interview Details Be prepared to discuss Capital Markets, past clients, and somehow elaborate how you're technical, because the CEO only wants techy folks these days.

Interview Question – Discuss all aspects of your technical background.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Interview Details Very quick and organized processes

Interview Question – solving technical questions on the board, but mostly it is practical questions which is must known   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2013.

Interview Details First phone interview. Then on site. 4 interviews, 1 analytic test and 1 writing test.
HR was efficient and friendly, the interviews were arranged in an effective and convenient form. The interviews were conducted in a casual manner, which were mixed with technical and behavioral questions. The interviewers are nice but a bit unprofessional. Just one of them remembered to bring a business card.

Interview Question – what's your weakness?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2012.

Interview Details I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Statistics questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles River Development

Worked for Charles River Development? Contribute to the Community!

Charles River Development – Why Work for Us?

About Us Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front- and middle-office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. The solution offers a simplified operating model… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles River Development interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Charles River Development employees and interview candidates.