Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

So far it has been a 3 step process. First, phone interview with Talent Manager (recruiter), second round was face-to-face interview with peer-manager, third was face-to-face with hiring manager for the department.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward interview questions about the position and how past experience will lead to success   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

The process seems to be the same as many have noted before. Quick phone interview, longer on phone, more detailed with SAR questions. I am waiting for the next step which should be the on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and immediately they start asking salary questions be careful with that! They ask a lot of questions about possible scenarios of angry client's and how you handled. Be wary they offer amazing bonuses and over time. Neither is easily attained; bonus is paid in tiers depending on seniority, pay grade level, and extra roles you took. Overtime is offered twice a year and limited.

Interview Questions
    • Summarize the worse comment received by a manager   View Answer
    Terrible, they tell you they cannot negotiate. They lie, negotiate at least 10-13% more, that is their latitude

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Applied online, did an online questionnaire, an initial phone screening lasting about 15 minutes, and then an hour long phone interview after which I was asked to take the sifma assessment. I passed the exam which consisted of logic questions and some simple math questions. You are allowed a calculator and scratch paper for the exam. I was then called in to a face to face interview with 2 managers. This lasted about an hour and a half. I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 hours later about completing authorization forms for background and credit check. This has been a long process but waiting to hear back on the checks was the hardest part (three weeks). I received an email today saying they are ready to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were typical Star style questions and not that difficult if you follow the format. I had the hardest time with the logic test because you are not allowed to revisit a question once it is answered.   Answer Question

Derivative Analyst Interview

phone interview, I applied via the online site and had a phone interview that I thought went very well. I answered two situation questions "tell me about a time when" and then the recruiter ended the call. I did not get called in for an additional interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via telephone who then scheduled a telephone with me. I was told to do my research on behavioral type interviews. Not surprisingly, the telephone was all behavioral questions. After the telephone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the location. Following the in-person interview, I never heard from anyone at this company.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral phone interview. Mostly background/experience questions during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I transferred internally. First time I was hired, I had a mini exam during the interview (as in: paper & multiple choice questions). So if you're applying for technical job, make sure you brush up on your skills.

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2014.

The process is just as it's been described by other interviewees, five minute phone screen, followed by a more in-depth hour long phone call with "tell me about a time when?" type of questions which should be answered in the STAR method. You will then be asked to come in and take the SIFMA exam, which if you can do basic arithmetic and answer logical word questions you will do fine.

Then there is the 2:1 manager interview on site. This is where my issues begin with this company and I hope someone from Schwab reads this in order to correct their mistakes. First off the person that I was told I would be interviewing with I didn't, which by my estimation is completely unprofessional. I'm the type that will go above an beyond to prepare for an interview so I had researched the individual that I was told I would interview with via social media in order to make small talk about his interests to exemplify just how passionately I wanted the position, which was obviously a waste of time. Then the two women (whom I didn't know their names or that they were going to be conducting the interview) showed up seven minutes late as I waited in the lobby like a schmuck. Schwab obviously thinks that its time is more valuable than mine. Upon doing the interview I exactingly, methodically dissected every question that they threw at me with poise, professionalism, energy, articulation and specificity. I ran circles around these women who were not professionally dressed or polished in any shape of the word. Their questions sounded like: "Name a time when, uuummm...., name a time when?" By the end of the interview I've never felt so confident about a position. However several hours later I received a call saying that they were not going to move forward with my application because there were candidates better suited for the position.

It's my perception from what I can gather that I was probably overqualified for the position. However they way overstate the qualifications because I had them all. I believe that they are looking for individuals who have less experience and are a little more moldable, and that's fine, however all I did during the interview was speak to my resume, which they had from the FIRST DAY of a month long process.

I think it's probably a great position for someone without experience and doesn't mind working potentially at 3:00 am on Christmas morning.

V P Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Applied online and had follow up conversation and interview with Regional HR person. Next did online application with more detail, spoke again with HR over telephone. Next had telephone conversation with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with 2nd local Branch Manager. Then received offer via e-mail from Regional HR.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions revolved around sales skills and prospecting techniques I used. Additional questions about my willingness to work at night and conducting after hour seminars.   View Answer
    Their salary is very structured so not much room to negotiate.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

I applied for this position in April and it is now July of the same year. I have had 3 interviews, a computer based test, and am now awaiting the results of a background check. The process is long! But everyone I have dealt with has been great! You first start out with one person who does a 3-5 phone interview and asks you fairly basic questions. If they like you they will set you up for a real phone interview at the end. My second interview was with a new person and I spoke to her for about an hour. All I can say is follow what they tell you to a T. They send you an email to prepare you for each and every step. Also, be very specific about your past experiences. After this interview, you will either have a phone interview with two of your hopefully future managers. This again lasts an hour and you go over a lot of the same stuff from the second interview but in more detail. I found it good to use funny stories for any questions asking about negative experiences from past jobs. They ask quite a bit of those. I was able to answer the question but also show them that negative experiences in the work place don't really get to me. Even got them to laugh quite a bit and started a conversation. By the end they loved me. My talent advisor contacted me by email within the day to let me know everything went great. They then sent me to a branch office to take the SIFMA assessment which was weird. I have a 4 year finance degree so the math portion was easy. However, the logic questions were hit or miss. Anyway, my talent advisor called me the same day and said everything went great. She then emailed me a link to submit my background check information online to which i completed. Now Im just waiting on that to return. Everything has taken a long time but has also gone very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation in the work place where you did something that you expected not to work but ended up working out?   Answer Question

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!