Charlotte Russe

Updated 17 Nov 2014

1.9

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

After submitting my application I was called back for a group interview with about 6 other girls. They asked each of us general questions like why we wanted to work there and what experience we had. After about a week I was called back and was formally hired. One other girl was hired.

Interview Questions
  • How would I deal with a customer whose personal style doesn't seem to fit the stores visual look.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Charlotte Russe

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I walked in and asked for a paper application, submitted it, was called back for an interview in the afternoon a few days after. It was a group interview with four other candidates, held in a sitting area in the mall, very casual and friendly. As the assistant manager conducting the interview said, she was "the realest," very down-to-earth and not intimidating. Company culture/store seems to be much this way also, but Charlotte Russe is of course a trendy, fashion forward young women's clothing store, which is how they expect you to present yourself as an employee. You are not required to wear Charlotte Russe clothing, but it helps to understand their style. I was in fact wearing one of their blouses that was probably among the most business casual than much of what they carry, but the assistant manager cautioned us against slacks since current street fashion is in the leggings/joggers realm.

Interview Questions
    It's a mall job, so you can expect minimum wage with chance for growth and raises when you do well, get reviewed, etc. It seemed we all lacked prior clothing retail experience and this wasn't a management position, so there's not really room to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2014.

I was walking past and decided to go in and ask for an application. Since its seasonal time i know they would be hiring i got my application and walked out to fill it out i returned a few minutes later with a completed application and my resume. The assistant manager took my application and thanked me for applying. I really didnt think i would get a call because she looked a little busy i have a lot of retail experience but was nervous because if i did get a call i suck at group interviews (or so i thought lol....)

A few minutes after i walked out the mall literally 7 minutes! I got a call to come in the next day for a group interview i was excited and terrified all together because in a previous group interview at hollister i did horrible. So i went home and came on here of course to get an advantage and boy was i overwhelmed i thought wow these question are pretty much behavioral which i dont do too good on luckily i was not asked any yay!

I arrived early i was actually the first one there my outfit was super stand out ish if that's a word lol waited a few minutes for everyone then walked across the mall to this storage area i studied so much and was hoping i remember my answers but actually she just wanted to get to know us she asked about 4 questions everyone was hired and on friday i start.

Tips: Just be yourself really don't over think it like me the interview was very laid back and easier than i thought

Interview Questions
    No negotiations its 8 bucks but i just needed a second job..

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charlotte Russe in September 2014.

I saw the job ad on Craigslist! They were re-opening the store at the mall and said they were accepting applications on Sept. 13 and the 20th! I went early in the morning on the 13th but no one was there. So I came back on the 20th in the afternoon and there was a booth outside with 2 ladies. I went over and gave them my application. They asked about my hours I indicated on my application. Then one of the ladies took me to the back of the small for an interview. They asked me a few questions. Then she told me about the store and herself! We really hit it off! She said she would call my references because I didn't have any job experience but I'm not even sure if she really did call my references. She said I would here by Tuesday if I got the job. On Monday, she called me for the job offer and I accepted!

No negotiations, minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I dropped off an application on a Thursday and was told to come in on Monday for a group interview. In my interview group there were less than ten people, they had us introduce ourselves and answer some basic questions. A few days later I was called back and offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I applied in store at Charlotte Russe and that same week I received a call from the assistant manager for an interview. The position was seasonal, so there was a group interview with me and about 10 other girls. The store manager took us to the stock room in the back, which was kind of cramped and we sat in some deformed circle. She asked us a question and she went around the room as each of is gave our answers. I was always last thankfully, so I got to work off everyone else's answers. I believe the entire process of waiting and answering questions took about 45mins to an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

easy and fun it was a group interview which involved listening to others answers as well. Management at the time was very outgoing and made it seem that working there was going to be one of the best experiences yet.

not much of a negotiation but i needed a job badly

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Turned in my application and got a call a few days later asking if I can come in for an interview the following Sunday. It was a group interview with five other people, simple questions. I actually didn't feel as though I did that well, but I got a call back in a day or two telling me to come in for new employee orientation. Most of the girls from my interview got hired in fact.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing was that difficult - questions about what fashion means to you, how you would deal with unruly customers, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe in August 2014.

I went into Charlotte Russe originally just to shop, as i was cashing out i asked for a application just so they can have my name on file. I Filled the app out and handed it back that same day, and was offered a scheduled interview on the spot. I went in for my interview, it was a group interview (of course) myself, 2 other girls, and a guy. We each took turns answering questions and asking as well. My interview was on Thursday, i received a call with the job offer on the following monday.

Interview Questions
    • None, The interview is really easy and chilled. Depending on your confidence level within groups. Very typical questions. "why do you want to work for Charlotte Russe?" "If you had a issue with a co-worker how would you handle it?" . . simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Was invited for an interview the day after i applied in person. It was a group interview with 4 other girls and we were interviewed by the manager. she had a list of questions written down and chose random ones. Asked about past experience, school, etc. Thought the interview was fun and easy but i didn't get the job.