Cheesecake Factory

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.5

Baker/Host/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Very easy basic questions
    Easy to answer and understand
    They were very helpfull explainning the procces of trainning and orientation,they also offer a nice 100% dinning experience at tine of hiring.they will supply shrits uniforms except for shoes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2015.

Standard process. Talking about your prior experience and situation based questions. Prepare yourself for some regular restaurant server questions and be confident. Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with two managers and one assistant general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me a menu item, scenario based questions such as how did you exceeded a guest's expectations, what would you do if you saw that a plate coming out of a kitchen doesn't look right.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2015.

I applied for the position about a week before receiving a phone call. Over the phone, I was asked a few brief questions in regards to my availability (to come in) and why I wanted to work for the company. I was then asked to come in the following afternoon to be interviewed by the person who interviewed me over the phone, who also happens to be the assistant store manager. She was very friendly in her tone, while also being straight forward, which to me is ALWAYS a good indicator.

Upon meeting with her, I was asked a couple of questions in reference to how you think, almost like a personality test, but with the exception of getting your results. These questions in my opinions were simple to answer, because you have no choice but to be honest - literally. Because based on how you respond to these questions would determine whether or not you were consistent and/or honest. I exchanged responses for about 10-15 minutes, which ended with her setting me up for a second interview the next morning with the store manager.

The following morning, I met up with the store manager, and he was just as wonderful. Well mannered, very laid back but remained professional in the same aspect. It was rather refreshing! He asked me about previous employers, previous duties, and why I left them. Basically explaining to me that he is offering me the position, and then explained the positions to me. I also got to learn a little bit more about how the system is set up

In both interviews, I felt I could relate to both persons, which was wonderful. I think I will greatly enjoy working here! My advice to anyone is to be genuine, honest, and show that you are interested in the company as well as other people.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with someone who was overbearing? How would you approach that person?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of working at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    • If someone felt that you were overbearing, how you would handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want me to know about you before we stop?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied for the advertised position online, it took a couple of weeks for them to call me, but once they did, they asked me to come in for an interview. I had two in person interviews, one was with a floor manager and the second was with the GM of the store. Both interviews were fairly laid back, mostly conversational but focusing on what customer service means to you.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the most popular dish at your previous restaurant in detail.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online through an elaborative process that involves a pretty long questionnaire and IQ/reasoning test. Got a phone call about two weeks later and had an on the spot phone interview that lasted approximately 5 minutes. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I went in for the interview about a week later and met with one of the managers. It was a one on one interview process that was very professional, yet friendly. I was offered a position at the end of the interview, but unfortunately there is a week long training period that you must attend every day during certain hours, and that conflicted with my school schedule at the time. The manager was very courteous and said that I could postpone the training period and start as a host in the meantime, however, I didn't have availability for the training for a long while, so I kindly turned down the offer. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question that stood out to me - the whole procedure is primarily to gauge how professional you sound and conduct yourself.   Answer Question

Conflicted with my schedule.

Dessert Finisher/Espresso Maker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2015.

I was contacted about a week and a half after applying online. I had a brief phone interview which consisted of straightforward questions such as my work history, why i applied at the cheesecake factory, availability, etc. That manager then set me up for my second interview at the restaurant with the bakery manager the next day. Simple again, questions about work history, my roles at my various jobs, problems I've had in the workplace and how i overcame them. (There may have been more questions but he only asked what he thought was relevant from his sheet) Honestly at the second interview the interviewer talked more than i did. I was then taken behind the bakery to get a quick tour and then set up for my final interview with the GM.
    Finally, another simple interview, asked about availability, work history, why i left certain jobs and came back. Wage was discussed as well as orientation date.

Was made an offer, but honestly, for such a nice restaurant, $8.50 seemed a little low for my hourly wage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you or a co worker were focused on a problem which caused them to miss the bigger picture   Answer Question

Got a job offer somewhere else

Server Interview

They seemed to have very high expectations and I was up for the challenge originally. However, the vibe I received from the interview, who will remain unnamed, was just not a good one. I consider myself a great judge of character, which has helped me in all my previous places of employment but the interviewer was just not genuine.

Interview Questions
    • How fast do you believe you can memorize a menu with 200+ menu items?   Answer Question

Didn't sense a genuine attitude from my interviewer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

At first I had to apply online and within 5 days i got a call from one of the head managers, i had a small interview over the phone then was asked to come in when convenient since i was away at university. I mad an appointment and the interview was about 5 minuets and i got the job on the spot then had to go in within the next few days to start an orientation and training process

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied online, two days later i receive a call to come in for an interview the next day. Showed up, the GM was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He asked me very basic questions, about my previous serving jobs. Not hard at all. The interview itself was very smooth and east. I got hired on the spot.

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Apply online, take a few days to schedule an interview with the executive kitchen manager. One on one interview. Very relax interview. Shows you the kitchen and dishwashing areas.