Cheesecake Factory

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

2.5

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied for the advertised position online, it took a couple of weeks for them to call me, but once they did, they asked me to come in for an interview. I had two in person interviews, one was with a floor manager and the second was with the GM of the store. Both interviews were fairly laid back, mostly conversational but focusing on what customer service means to you.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the most popular dish at your previous restaurant in detail.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online through an elaborative process that involves a pretty long questionnaire and IQ/reasoning test. Got a phone call about two weeks later and had an on the spot phone interview that lasted approximately 5 minutes. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I went in for the interview about a week later and met with one of the managers. It was a one on one interview process that was very professional, yet friendly. I was offered a position at the end of the interview, but unfortunately there is a week long training period that you must attend every day during certain hours, and that conflicted with my school schedule at the time. The manager was very courteous and said that I could postpone the training period and start as a host in the meantime, however, I didn't have availability for the training for a long while, so I kindly turned down the offer. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question that stood out to me - the whole procedure is primarily to gauge how professional you sound and conduct yourself.   Answer Question

Conflicted with my schedule.

Server Interview

They seemed to have very high expectations and I was up for the challenge originally. However, the vibe I received from the interview, who will remain unnamed, was just not a good one. I consider myself a great judge of character, which has helped me in all my previous places of employment but the interviewer was just not genuine.

Interview Questions
    • How fast do you believe you can memorize a menu with 200+ menu items?   Answer Question

Didn't sense a genuine attitude from my interviewer

Dessert Finisher/Espresso Maker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2015.

I was contacted about a week and a half after applying online. I had a brief phone interview which consisted of straightforward questions such as my work history, why i applied at the cheesecake factory, availability, etc. That manager then set me up for my second interview at the restaurant with the bakery manager the next day. Simple again, questions about work history, my roles at my various jobs, problems I've had in the workplace and how i overcame them. (There may have been more questions but he only asked what he thought was relevant from his sheet) Honestly at the second interview the interviewer talked more than i did. I was then taken behind the bakery to get a quick tour and then set up for my final interview with the GM.
    Finally, another simple interview, asked about availability, work history, why i left certain jobs and came back. Wage was discussed as well as orientation date.

Was made an offer, but honestly, for such a nice restaurant, $8.50 seemed a little low for my hourly wage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you or a co worker were focused on a problem which caused them to miss the bigger picture   Answer Question

Got a job offer somewhere else

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied online, two days later i receive a call to come in for an interview the next day. Showed up, the GM was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He asked me very basic questions, about my previous serving jobs. Not hard at all. The interview itself was very smooth and east. I got hired on the spot.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

At first I had to apply online and within 5 days i got a call from one of the head managers, i had a small interview over the phone then was asked to come in when convenient since i was away at university. I mad an appointment and the interview was about 5 minuets and i got the job on the spot then had to go in within the next few days to start an orientation and training process

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Apply online, take a few days to schedule an interview with the executive kitchen manager. One on one interview. Very relax interview. Shows you the kitchen and dishwashing areas.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2014.

I applied online and this man named Joe called me the next day! I was so excited to have an interview with them because I had heard so many amazing stories about the place. I went into the cheesecake factory and waited an hour and 30 minutes but eventually I had to leave. They had another girl applying for my spot as well and a lot of the employees had already known her so they would talk to her and continue to reassure her that she was getting it and that it was just fine.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

stress importance of people, profit, and culture. refer to specific examples. Mentoring, love to teach others, etc.

Interview Questions
    • questions about "how____ you are?' 1-10   View Answer
    internal, so no negotiation

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.