Cheesecake Factory

Updated 4 Dec 2014
Updated 4 Dec 2014

2.5

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied online, two days later i receive a call to come in for an interview the next day. Showed up, the GM was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He asked me very basic questions, about my previous serving jobs. Not hard at all. The interview itself was very smooth and east. I got hired on the spot.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

At first I had to apply online and within 5 days i got a call from one of the head managers, i had a small interview over the phone then was asked to come in when convenient since i was away at university. I mad an appointment and the interview was about 5 minuets and i got the job on the spot then had to go in within the next few days to start an orientation and training process

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Apply online, take a few days to schedule an interview with the executive kitchen manager. One on one interview. Very relax interview. Shows you the kitchen and dishwashing areas.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2014.

I applied online and this man named Joe called me the next day! I was so excited to have an interview with them because I had heard so many amazing stories about the place. I went into the cheesecake factory and waited an hour and 30 minutes but eventually I had to leave. They had another girl applying for my spot as well and a lot of the employees had already known her so they would talk to her and continue to reassure her that she was getting it and that it was just fine.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

stress importance of people, profit, and culture. refer to specific examples. Mentoring, love to teach others, etc.

Interview Questions
    • questions about "how____ you are?' 1-10   View Answer
    internal, so no negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

I applied, and a manager interviewed me. She told me that she'd pass me on to the next manager and I'd hear from him for an interview in the next day or two. I waited and never heard back. He may have seen me in the restaurant and decided he didn't like my look.

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Steward Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a brief phone interview with two of the Kitchen Managers and it went well enough to be invited to a face to face with him a few days later. The initial face to face was pretty much a get to know each other type meeting and an overview of the position I was applying for. I was asked to come back the next day to meet with the General Manager and Executive Kitchen Manager. This interview was very detailed and in depth. Covered everything from my past employment/experiences, why I wanted to join the CCF, etc...They told me they had to interview some other candidates and if I got the job I would hear back in three days or less. After hearing that, I assumed I didn't get the job but at the end of the third day, The EKM called and offered me the job. Everyone I interview with was very nice and welcoming and really promoted CCF culture and how much their staff are taken care of. Very busy and efficient operation with a strong management core.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was unexpected is "Do you like to cook at home?" If you say yes, expect to tell them the dish and how you prepare it in detail. It took me by surprise since my position has nothing to do with actual cooking or prepping   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I was offered more than I expected and more than what I was originally was told since it was such a demanding position.

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Scheduled a phone interview through a recruiter. The cheesecake representative did not call at the scheduled time. Reset time with recruiter for another day, and cheesecake rep cancelled it half an hour before scheduled time and rescheduled for later that evening, then did not call that evening. Reset interview again with recruiter, and finally got interview the following week. Agent was rather rude, non-apologetic, and personality free.