Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

Site Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

The interview process was quite seamless as compared to other hospitals. I had the initial telephone screening to ensure that I had the qualifications that the department was looking for. This was followed by the first interview to meet the leadership team. Afterwards, I was interviewed by a round table of staff represented by the various sub-departments. This was quite different but at the same time it gave me the opportunity to meet the line staff so I can get a sense of whether it will be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions was how can i bring joy to the department.   View Answer
    Quite smooth. I got what I wanted upon the first try

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in January 2015.

The interview was conducted over the phone. A lot of the same questions I answered online in the application process were asked again, along with more specific ones. I was told to wait around two weeks to hear back one way or another. The questions asked that were not job-specific were very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake on the job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a group of very different people. How did it go?   Answer Question
    • What are your three top strengths?   Answer Question

Summer ResearchCRISSP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

The interview was a 1 hour interview with the physician I would have been working with. She gave a lot of hypothetical research examples, and then asked a lot of "where would you go next with this knowledge/data." Overall, I think that the interview went well, but they are really looking for prior experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your previous research opportunities, in detail... (Know how to sum everything up. You rmind can get cluttered on the spot, and you want to avoid blabbering on about small details)   Answer Question

Billing Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

I had 1 phone interview, interview with manager, interview with a panel of 3 people. Process took 2 months. It took about 2.5 weeks for the interview process and then background checks etc took the rest of the time.

I got more than my salary range.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in October 2014.

Received a phone call from HR for a phone interview. Was asked past experiences, skills, as well as some redundant questions already asked online. It was very informal and she was very nice and I was told she'd be in contact with me after reviewing with the project manager and PI; I never received anything, not even an email. About two months later, I check the website if the status had been updated and I see that the job posting has been removed. I would have loved to work here and still respect CHOP, but I would have liked to have received a formal rejection, especially from such a renown institute.

CRA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in October 2014.

Received an email informing me to schedule a phone interview so that I can speak to someone at human resources to see if i was a good fit for the position as well as to give me more information about the position. The interview was very slow paced, it took about 45 minutes, the questions were basic interview questions such as "Tell me a time where you thought you handled a situation to the best of your ability," "what do you consider one of your strenghts/weaknesses?"

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Reached out to a friend in the department I was interested in, general application online, pending tasks, video interview, acceptance to new rn talent pool, and now waiting. About a week between all steps but now in the pool for over a month

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked with someone who was different than you?   Answer Question
    Need to be persistent and contact a recruiter almost weekly.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

My interview took place over two days; each day I met with two different people. The interview went smoothly and everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. The question that kept coming up for me was that I was "over qualified," so why would I want this position?

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really unexpected about the interview. I was asked multiple times about my qualifications being greater than the demands of the position, but that was all.   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2014.

PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
    I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
    I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
    Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!