Chili's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Interview Details Dropped off my resume and met with a manager immediately, received a call in the next few days offering me the job.

Interview Question – What restaurant experience do you have? I didn't have any.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Greenville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in November 2013.

Interview Details Online app. Long and tedious + super annoying "personality" test. 2 interviews about a week apart. Standard easy interview questions. Was told I had the job contigent of if the staff liked me after an "on the job experience" which was me following around a staff member for an hour. It was easy just walking around, but a little awkward as I always felt in the way of people actually working and the customers were like "who is this and why are they here" but the staff member would explain and most would have a friendly talk with me. The staff I met all talked with me about past experience and before I left said I would work great with the team. Took about a week to hear back from the manager. First interview was mostly the manager talking about the company and how their location runs. Only 1 or 2 questions that were more of a conversation and less "q&a" second interview was traditional interview with a different manager and a sheet with a list of questions.

Interview Question – None. All were typical "tell me of time" or "what would you do of" questions regarding customer service and I happened to have sales and server experience so I used times from those and had a few "not on the sheet" questions about those positions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a job elsewhere right before they gave me an offer.

Whittier, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Interview Details Really simple just asked about past work experience and what you think you can contribute to their team

Interview Question – none just make sure to review past work history so you don't get nervous and blank out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really easy had an on the spot interview with the next upper manager which pretty much meant I got the job

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details February 2014 I interviewed with Chili's. The first interview took about an hour before anyone came to start the actual interview. After the manager greeted me it was pretty laid back and informal. He told me I would need to come back for a second interview to meet with another manager. I waited again about 45 mins before the interview started. The second manager was very friendly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

Interview Details It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Interview Question – they were all pretty basic stuff   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's in January 2014.

Interview Details The in-person interview started with interviewer giving background on Company, management team and long term goals. Then was asked if this sounds like a good
opportunity, with my positive answer was then asked a series of job related questions.

Interview Question – Questions were not just centered on job functions but how I like to be treated as an employee and what type of work place culture I expected.   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Chili's in January 2012.

Interview Details good interview, worthless training that goes nowhere and has no result

Interview Question – poor scheduling management, you can plan your schedule but they have no understanding of hours   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chili's Server Interview

Chili's Server
Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

Interview Details Okay so I was jumping for joy when I was called in for a job interview. I had very very low working experience (about 2 months in Food Service at Six Flags.) So I thought this was my big chance. I was interviewed at Chili's (arrived 10 minutes early) and two people came out. They said that they typically do a double interview process and that having the both of them interview me at the same time would be lot quicker. At first I thought it was a bit over whelming abut they were very funny and cool. I applied for Server, but I was 17 at the time so they told me to work in the Delivery to-go instead but I said I was turning 18 in about three days. And we shared a laugh. The way they were talking to me was initiating that I was going to work there. He even said "we'll call you in for orientation in about a week." I was soo happy.

A few days later the dreaded e-mail came. It said that they are regretting me for the job position- ON MY BIRTHDAY. I thought this was strange and called the place and the manger said that they need someone to work 40+ hours and because I can only wok on the weekends (I'm still in high school) I wouldn't be able to work there. I was devastated. I just told everyone EVERYONE that I had gotten the job.I now i have to explain that I didn't. I thought it was rather unprofessional of them to lead me one. I understand that they thought that because they were under staffed that I was ultimately going to work there but still very upsetting. Oh well, it's a good thing I applied to two chili's in my area and just yesterday got an e-mail to schedule an interview, so wish me luck.

Interview Question – It was mostly them talking, they seem to have already knew that I would be working there.
What have you learned in your previous working experience (for me it was Six Flags)
  Answer Question