Chili's

Updated 3 Dec 2014
Updated 3 Dec 2014

2.1

Chili's Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Chili's.

Very easy just answer all the questions the chili's way.

Don't take less than you are worth. This is a wonderful company that will pay you well.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Hiring and interview process was extremely easy, I applied online and I got and email the next day to set up and pick an appointment time. There's two interviews one with a manager and one with the GM. If the first manager likes you, they set up an interview with the GM in which they ask you the same basic questions and your schedule. Most easy going interview process I've had.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your past manager? That question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Not a particularly hard interview. Sat down with a manager and was asked a few general cliche questions. Only took around 30-45 minutes. They do two separate interviews, one with a hiring manager and the last with the general manager.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's.

February 2014 I interviewed with Chili's. The first interview took about an hour before anyone came to start the actual interview. After the manager greeted me it was pretty laid back and informal. He told me I would need to come back for a second interview to meet with another manager. I waited again about 45 mins before the interview started. The second manager was very friendly.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's.

I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in March 2014.

Applied Online. Called. Got an Interview within the next week. Went in and received a call that I got hired the next day.
    Was a very laid back interview. It started off by the manager interviewing me about herself then asked what I like to do on my spare time. Then I talked to the GM.
    Asked about my experience and if I would have difficulty transitioning to their restaurant.
    I waited over an hour at the store to be interview.

Interview Questions
    • My weaknesses at my past job and why I left my past job.   Answer Question

To-Go Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in March 2014.

It was a restaraunt opening, so not very hard to get the job. Applied as a host, walked in twenty minutes later. The manager went and printed off my application and sat me down for an interview on the spot. He said he was full on hosts but really wanted to hire me as a Togo specialist and he signed me up for orientation.

None

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

I saw an ad on an online job board so I decided to apply. Got a call a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. They asked me typical customer service questions, nothing too hard at all. Asked me when could I start, what I want as far as pay. Got hired that same day, started working the next.

Interview Questions
    • Weren't any particularly hard questions, especially if you have experience in customer service   Answer Question

Chili's Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

Okay so I was jumping for joy when I was called in for a job interview. I had very very low working experience (about 2 months in Food Service at Six Flags.) So I thought this was my big chance. I was interviewed at Chili's (arrived 10 minutes early) and two people came out. They said that they typically do a double interview process and that having the both of them interview me at the same time would be lot quicker. At first I thought it was a bit over whelming abut they were very funny and cool. I applied for Server, but I was 17 at the time so they told me to work in the Delivery to-go instead but I said I was turning 18 in about three days. And we shared a laugh. The way they were talking to me was initiating that I was going to work there. He even said "we'll call you in for orientation in about a week." I was soo happy.

A few days later the dreaded e-mail came. It said that they are regretting me for the job position- ON MY BIRTHDAY. I thought this was strange and called the place and the manger said that they need someone to work 40+ hours and because I can only wok on the weekends (I'm still in high school) I wouldn't be able to work there. I was devastated. I just told everyone EVERYONE that I had gotten the job.I now i have to explain that I didn't. I thought it was rather unprofessional of them to lead me one. I understand that they thought that because they were under staffed that I was ultimately going to work there but still very upsetting. Oh well, it's a good thing I applied to two chili's in my area and just yesterday got an e-mail to schedule an interview, so wish me luck.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly them talking, they seem to have already knew that I would be working there.
      What have you learned in your previous working experience (for me it was Six Flags)

Answer Question