Cigna

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.9

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cigna.

Two individuals in the program conducted the phone interview. They talked about the program and gave you an opportunity to ask questions about it, and then they asked me to walk them through my resume and 3 additional few behavioral questions. The next steps are a Skype interview followed by an onsite in Bloomfield.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a decision, but it did not go as intended.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to walk a group through a complex task.   Answer Question
    • Why the operations leadership program?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Supply-Chain Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied through UConn's career site. Received a first interview on campus. Asked typical behavioral questions + why I was interested in Supply Chain Management. Received a call about a week after saying I would need to go for a second interview. Month or two goes by, they were slightly disorganized with scheduling, but after an email I set up a date for after christmas. Second interview was in bloomfield with two Director's. The interview was more of a conversation about your resume no actual questions. Just to see if they like you, and you have the computer skills (excel) that they're looking for.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated 50 cents higher of a salary, could have probably gotten more but I gave in very easily.

Sales Academy Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Brought in for an interview at a campus location, was asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as management experience questions, the next round of interviews was at the end of January, so it was a long process of interviewing and knowing if you made it or not.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions regarding management experience.
      Questions such as: What happened in a time you managed a group where group members disagreed with your choice? What makes you a great leader? What are effective ways you've managed people? Also had a few behavioral questions, but those are to be expected during any first round interview.

Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Phone interview first. 5 days later gotta call for my second interview. The first interview asked about why i left previous job. Questions about my previous jobs that related to interviewing position. The phone interview was very pleasant. The interview was based in Maryland. I applied for Philly position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

There was an initial phone interview with a job recruiter, and within a week, a 1x1 face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 30-minute phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by an onsite interview with the manager and 3 peers. Each told me about their role on the team and what they envisioned for role for which they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The team had been burned before by someone whose actual experience didn't live up to their claims. The manager asked me to look at some output of descriptive statistics from a quantitative study and describe what the output meant. One peer had me read a summary of focus group results and list pertinent highlights. Another peer asked me to role play a meeting with an internal client regarding their research project needs. It was a little intense, but perfectly reasonable for what the job required.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was done.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview was short and just asked scenario questions about how well you work with others and how you handle dissatisfied customers. They did not explain the functions of the job clearly.

Interview Questions
    • can you describe a time you made an disgruntle customer happy.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase

Client Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Knowledge of insurance in general. Who you know in Broker / Consultant community. What is your background. Meetings with various team members and upper level managers. Explain your past roles and what you can offer to the team and client base you would assume in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to a challenge where you overcame a negative and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question