Cintas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took about 5 weeks. I first interviewed with the market sales manager; next, I had a field ride with a sales rep; then, I had an interview with the sales director; the next week I had an interview with the GM; finally, I had an interview with the VP of sales. Two weeks later I received a call from the sales manager (first person I interviewed with). He said they hired another candidate and that I needed more experience. I am thankful for the interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult interviews were with the sales manager and the sales directors   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

The process seems to drag on quite a bit there were two interviews before the ride along. Each about an hour asking atleast 7 situation analysis questions. They want specifics meaning what happened, how you handed it and the result. The ride along us a full day from 6:45am to 5pm starting with sales meeting, agenda meeting and the atleast 2 hours of cold calling, then field work. Ask tons of questions and show initiative.
    The next step is an interview with director of sales and then possibly vp.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be red flags from our standpoint in hiring you?   View Answer

Service Sales Representative Interview

Got interviewed for a service sales rep position and have not heard back from them yet. I just did the first interview of many. It was a pretty lengthy interview of about an hour. Personal questions and then those dreaded interview questions that I really don't know if they are helpful or not.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is to come up with stories about different times when I encountered different situations.   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piscataway, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in May 2014.

Screening interview on the phone, interview with a sales manager, route ride to get a feel for the job, interview with another sales manager IF the route ride goes well, interview with the general manager, if the second interview goes well. Then you wait to see if you get hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are situational in nature...Tell me about a time that you saw a fellow employee doing something wrong and how you handled it.   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in July 2014.

Applied for HR Manager job at Cintas online. Job description was very generic - exact same description used for other HR Manager jobs at Cintas across the US. While general duties are going to be the same across the different locations, the generic description did not provide much detail into the day to day challenges and opportunities or how much time (% wise) someone might expect to spend on various HR duties. Five (5) weeks after applying, I was invited to participate in first-round phone interview with the regional HR director.

Research conducted online (at glassdoor.com and other sites) suggested that the salary range was pretty low for a HR Manager position -- around 40-60K with salaries in the very low 50's to be average. This is not a competitive salary at all for a HR Manager position (perhaps the position should be renamed something else to avoid misleading candidates) And, the position requires 2-4 years of experience and "prefers" (but does not require) a degree which, again, is not commensurate with true HR Manager roles in large corporations. I have a graduate degree and over 10 years of HR management experience, so I suspected I might be overqualified for this role. I still agreed to participate in the interview as I wanted to learn more about the position.

Phone interview starts off with the expected question, "why are you interested in this job opportunity?" Easy question to answer -- anyone who has prepared for an interview should be able to answer this with a solid answer. The second -- yes, SECOND -- question asked was, "what are your salary expectations?" Well, gee, how about we talk about what the JOB entails before we start talking about salary I mean, yes, I have an idea of what I'd like to earn. But given that Cintas published a very generic job description, and uses the EXACT SAME generic job description for ALL HR Manager positions across the good ol' US, I truly had no idea if this particular position is a very labor-intensive one, if it's a totally easy job, what area(s) the HR Manager would be spending most of his/her time on, etc. As a job candidate, I may be willing to accept a lower salary than what I am currently making, or I may expect a salary within or even above my preferred ballpark -- it really depends on what I'm being asked to do. My response to that question was, "I expect to be compensated for my experience and expertise in alignment with the job responsibilities. I'd like to learn more about the specific job responsibilities in order to accurately assess what my expectations are for compensation." It was very obvious that the interviewer didn't like that response. Interviewer uttered a response that I perceived to be a defensive response. So I asked what the salary range for the position was, just so I could have an idea if we're talking about a job in the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. The interviewer refused to tell me the range. I have no idea why the range is such a secret, but whatever. So, needless to say, things went south at that point. Interviewer went on to say that there's very high turnover at the location and the HR Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and retaining unskilled labor. Interviewer estimated that about 40-50% of the job currently deals with recruiting unskilled labor and said "this is a very challenging job" as the particular location currently does not have enough labor to run the business efficiently. The HR Manager is tasked with handling all HR functions and ensuring that they have all positions filled so they can run their operations.

So -- I got clarification on what the job does at that particular Cintas location. It is not something I'm interested in doing, so the job was not a good fit for me professionally.

On the plus side, it does sound like Cintas (corporate) has an impressive HR training program in-house -- lots of opportunity for training, networking, etc.

I have to say I wasn't impressed with the interviewer or the interviewer's attitude (expected much more from someone who is supposedly in a HR director role).

I followed-up by sending the interview an email: "thanks for your time. I'd like to withdraw from further consideration as I don't think this position is a good fit for me following our discussion. I wish you the best in filing this position."

FYI -- two months after my initial application, I noticed that the position is still posted (it's showing up on my HR feeds as a recently posted opportunity, so it's clear they are still recruiting and/or refreshing the posting in an effort to try to find SOMEONE wiling to do this job for (presumably) a pretty low salary.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations? This was the SECOND question asked. See my review and advice to candidates.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

A recruiter contacted me via email as well as a phone call. She set me up for a face to face interview a few days later. A lady opened the door to let me in and I thought she was part of the office staff but she ended up interviewing me along with the district manager. It went fairly quick and they asked pretty simple, cliche and broad questions. Pretty simple but in this case, I should've initiated more of my skills and examples of experience and results. The DM asked if I could show proof of my sales awards listed on my resume rather than asking questions to understand my achievements. I told him I wouldn't have a problem giving him copies of my awards. I believe it went up and down as far as the connection but I simply believe they preferred a sales professional with B2B experience. Makes sense but my experience was a few years in direct sales. The district manager seems like he supports and helps his team very much.

Interview Questions
    • How did you find leads to call when you were running low or had no one to call?   View Answer

First Aid/Safety Outside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cintas in July 2014.

Spoke to a recruiter who was Awful at returning calls and didnt appear to be very bright. Finally I was asked to block out 7@m-12 Noon from my day for the interview process. I was truly amazed that they wanted me to show up at 7@m for a 5 hr process so I almost didnt show up. I went ahead and Arribes at 6:45@m to locked doors at the HQ. I was let in by an employee and took a seat in the waiting área. I was told that I would meet with 9 people ranging from Directors to Regional Sales Managers. The first interview was with 3 sales mgrs from different areas of the midwest. I felt like I Did very well and had several good questions that they answered sufficiently. That took 45 min so they took me back to waiting room Where I Sat for 10 min. The Regional Mgr came to get me and we went to the Directors Office. I felt really good about that hr Long session as well. They whisked me back to the waiting área Where I Sat for 15 min. At that point I am starting to get hungry knowing I have 3 more hrs of interviews. I then meet with 3 Midwest Mgrs in A room off the cafeteria. Everyone I am Meeting with are in their late 20's to early 30's. They kept stressing the corporate culture and how imoortant it is as well as the emphasis of veo g part If a Team. Finally after 4 hrs I finally Met with the final 3 people all Mgrs out of Chicago and at that point I was Slap happy. I walked out that day thinking what in the World Did I just go through. I called the recruiter a few days later and she told me that they are going in a different direction. Its my assumption that Cintas is Looking for young professionals whom they can train and mold into their culture. They are NOT interested in someone with 17 yrs sales experience who could Drive revenue and be an asset. Oh and they also want You to bring in all of your awards, trophys, emails of praise, etc ie Brag Book which I thought was rather cheesey. I have been very successful and I value compensation for my hard work NOT measley crystal paper weights and Such.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all Star Formar. What was your greatest sale?   Answer Question

Document Imaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hazelwood, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO (US)

interviewed at Cintas in August 2012.

not a very detailed process they hired most people that applied to this job. they wanted a hard worker but sifted through people after they were hired.the job was very repetitive and alot of people who seemed good for it could not do it well.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

I was recruited off of LinkedIn for the Management Trainee position in Denver, CO. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. An in person interview with the HR director, and in person interview with the office manager, and an in person interview with the General Manager. The questions are all STAR based and pretty much repeat from person to person.
    Overall, the company and position is super corporatey-cheesy. It seriously reminded me of this corporate cheesy restaurant I worked at. I knew that the job was not going to be for me but went along with the process anyway (which worked out, because I did not get an offer). They are looking for new or soon to be grads who have no office experience, but are willing to work their butts off day and night for little money. The work is hard, gross and long hours. Every time I left their offices, I thought to myself "I did not go to college to pick up people's dirty laundry, restaurants disgusting rags and starbuck's moldy milk towels..." Truly, as a "manager" you do those things. Ask questions about exactly what your job duties will be, I think you will be surprised. Every single interviewer asks about safety so be prepared to have a safety answer. EX: What does safety mean to you and how do you follow it in your current position? Tell me a time when a coworker was being unsafe and how did you react?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet a deadline? Tell me a time when you had to work with a negative coworker.   Answer Question

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

The person that set the appointment sent a stand in. Must of not looked at her itinerary. Then promises to let you know in 1-2 weeks, then never corresponds even after multiple attempts to find some answers. Just give me closure so I can move on.

Interview Questions
    • What was the reason you left your last employer?   View Answer

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!