Cintas

Cintas Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview process was fairly easy, have two more lined up next week. Recruiter told me, if you make through all the interviews, you're probably a great fit. Reall conversational during the interview and it was easy going for the most part. They also got back in a timely matter, in regards to if you were moving on to the next interviews. Nice people. Dont have offer yet because I'm still going through the process.

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Very comfortable and productive interview. The interviewer was very friendly and opened. The questions were personable. They want to make sure they have the right people for the right job. They wanted motivated candidates who are willing to work hard and stay with the company in the long run.

Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Interviewed with three HR managers over the course of two days. Questions are relatively simple behavioral questions. One simple math question where they're just looking for mental math capabilities. Interviewers were all very nice.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Several interviews in the process; screening with the recruiter and then several more interviews that were about an hour long. Met with the General Manager, Human Resources Director and Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you had to take the blame for something even though it wasn't your fault.   Answer Question
    Very little wiggle room on compensation and no other benefits were negotiable.

Services Manager First Aid and Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cintas in February 2015.

Recruited online by a third party recruiter.
    Interviewed with recruiter over the phone.
    They sent an email with assessments to complete which take about 2.5 hrs.
    Called by General Manager to set up interview at the office.
    Interviewed with the GM who was 30 minutes late and then I was lowballed into interviewing for a rep position only because I didn't have industry experience and he was concerned that the team would not respect a person from an outside industry that hasn't had the same experience as the reps they manage. When I asked him why he doesn't just hire from within instead of wasting our time, he said that the reps make more than the managers do and it's hard to ask them to step down in pay and up in responsibility. I continued to remind him that I am educated and qualified to manage the team, but he continued to push the rep position at me with unbelievable metrics and false math.
    When I was asked about my attention to detail, he asked me what color shirt the receptionist was wearing: I correctly answered purple. His response to me was "way off, not even close." I asked him if he was sure about that and he replied, "I don't know. You tell me." This question had nothing to do with anything. When I left his office, I noticed that the receptionist had on a purple shirt and I pointed at it and smiled at him on my way out.
    If you want to be a manager in the Cintas Sacramento branch, you have to be a rep first, but they won't tell you that.

Interview Questions
    • What does your ideal workplace feel like?   View Answer

I am a decorated manager. I have an education and a job that currently pays more than what they offered. I am a higher caliber manager to be demoted to a rep level so quickly and will not throw away years of hard work in the crucible of part time work and exceeding goals to be marked down there again.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

I saw the Ad for the position and I applied to it through glassdoor, the reply was very immediate. The very next day, there was a voicemail telling me to call back to schedule an interview. I did and it was booked for weeks end. The interview process was very stringent as the interviewer seldomly asked questions relating to the position. I was told to expect a call back but I wasn't really contacted, so I called them back and left a message. I receive a call some time later stating they had gone with another person and that was all.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas.

Had a one on one interview with the GM took a tour then met briefly with the HR manager. Im not sure if this is the entire process but it was very formal, business professional dress. They told me they would get back with me. They also asked me if i was interviewing with anyone else which I thought was strange.

Sales Scholar Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Originally applied through their website. Received a call from HR for a phone screening interview. Very straight forward only took about 20 mins. Primarily asked questions to get to know my background. The interviewer was very passionate for Cintas and left a good overall impression. I look forward to moving on to the next step of the recruitment process.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

You go through a set of phone interviews before they request an onsite visit. The interview process is just like any other interview with behavioral questions but in a round robin format.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty simple if you know how to speak well and have direct answers for their questions.   Answer Question

Na Interview

Applied through company website. Was contacted 2 months later. Interview process was streamlined and very thorough. 5 interviews in 2 weeks. Company culture was emphasized throughout interview process. Employees seemed happy with their positions. Each interviewer had been with the company for 5+ years. emphasized internal growth opportunities and performance based culture.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard but some were worded ambiguously.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.