Cintas

290 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

FS Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Interview process is long and difficult. Expected to travel to Cinci to interview with VP in final stage. It was a test to gauge interest level and level of "get it done at any cost." They look for the interviewee to follow their sales process - build rapport, trial close, uncover reasons for hiring, trial close, trial close...Be prepared to answer questions on how well you can handle objections, get to the decision maker, and your stamina in pounding the pavement.

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas in February 2014.

Interview Details I put in numerous online applications to no avail. I called the human resource manager at the Greensboro location and explained in the message I left on his voicemail I was very interested in an opportunity to work for Cintas. I received a call back about 3 days later and was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and waited to be invited to the HR's office. When I was called back he could not find my file that he created and I was only asked two questions. I was asked to tell him about myself and what could I offer the company. He seemed uninterested from the start of the interview and I was only in his office for 10, maybe 15 minutes. I was told that the interview process is rigorous and that most people who are hired by Cintas are hired through present employee recommendation and rarely do they ever hire anyone who was not recommended by an employee. I was told that I would receive a phone call asking me to come back in for another interview or notifying me that he decided to not to hire me. I am still waiting for that phone call.

Interview Question – In fairness I only was asked two questions. " Why should I be hired?"   View Answer

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas in February 2013.

Interview Details A couple phone calls to set things up, and then a job shadow/ride along to make sure the position was what I expected. Then a formal interview.

Interview Question – You need to be willing to work with motivation, it isn't a 9-5 job. You need to be earning money for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary, but the pay structure is set up in such a way that your hard work WILL be rewarded.

Unloader Interview

Swartz Creek, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted after about two days did a phone interview the next day then I was scheduled for an in person interview. For some reason I thought it was business casual so I wore jeans and a button down and got lost and showed up 5 minutes late. They were very understanding and I did so well on the interview I moved along that day and interviewed with two more people including the GM. They called me back in to make sure my references were good and to sign a release. Once they contacted them they called me the next day with a job offer. They know what there doing and don't exclude for the same old things as everyone else and know what there looking for in a person especially qualities.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had problems with a co-worker and how you resolved it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Scholar Intern Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details I applied via scholar program and after a week or so they called me and I had a phone interview. Two days later they called me in for an in person interviewed which ended up lasting about two hours and between 4 managers. They were very easy going and made a nice friendly environment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a price per hour and I accepted right away.

Very Difficult Interview

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details The Cintas hiring process is slow and thorough. There are mutliple rounds of interviews with multiple managers. Most of the questions are based on your ethics and experience. In the interview use specific examples in your responses to questions.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Attended a 1 on 1 interview with HR person. After that interview I immediately had an interview with a senior manager at the location followed by another interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – 3 personality traits you would improve on   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a different position but chose to decline

Hammond, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details This interview was a 5 step process. I met with HR, then the service supervisor, after that was scheduled a ride along. Everything was great up to this point and I was gaining confidence after my ride along. Then at that point I meet with the manager trainee took my assessment then met with the general manager. The assessment was a bunch of simple questions about you're personality. Everything was great and smooth and I got great feedback from everyone I interviewed with. The most nerve racking was with the GM but it was pretty simple. They asked questions like tell me about a time you had an issue you didn't case and what you did to resolve it, and tell me about a time you got a customer to buy something they wouldn't normally buy. After a week with my final interview I got a rejection email. I would had really liked to work for this company and see myself grow within. On to the next one I guess.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details I began my the interview process with a phone interview with the HR rep for my area. We walked through my interview, and I learnt more about the company and asked some questions. This was followed my an aptitude test where my math, logic, and personality skills were tested. Then I had three interviews in one day with two service managers at my local branch and the general manager of the branch. These interviews were followed by an interview with the VP, where upon we discussed the best location for me (Cintas is all about the best "fit", so they want the location to be good for you and good for them). Then I went through more interviews with some GM's from branches farther away from me but that had a better fit than my local branch.

The interviews were standard, but difficult because of how long my round of interviews were with the service managers and GM that one day.

-> Read the interview questions on here! They're really helpful for the service manager interviews.

Interview Question – A time when you received a criticism at work and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in April 2014.

Interview Details Was first contacted by the company via phone where a phone interview took place. After I passed that I was brought in for a interview that was an all day event. I first took a test on the computer where the first part was simple questions of how you would react in certain situations and the second part involving some math problems. Next I met with 5 different managers where they asked the standard questions in a STAR format.

Interview Question – Name a time where if you would have been more detailed it would have resulted in a better outcome   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Cintas Videos

Cintas – Why Work for Us?

Cintas is Team Driven, and the true spirit we share gives us a competitive edge. We win together by working together as a team, giving mutual respect to all of our co-workers regardless of their background or tenure… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas interview questions and advice. All 290 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.