Cisco Systems

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015
1,279 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied online, This was the first of two interviews. I am currently preparing for the second which will be more technical (second interview questions will be on networking basics: IP, MAC, OSI layers, switchs, routers, ...).
    Questions where behavioral and personality questions.
    Interview was about Cisco getting to know more about me and about me getting to know more about Cisco.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the Internet of Everything evolve in the next 20 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied online, got a phone call to ask basic things and to give a gauge salary, then an actual phone interview where they asked questions and then was invited to the assessment center

Interview Questions
    • Please beta test this bit of software and tell me the problems with it.
      What Cisco products are you familiar with

View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Started by applying through the online platform but then personally contacted a recruiter. They called me to arrange a first telephone interview during which they just collected basic information about my CV and asked for my perception of Cisco.
    Afterwards they invited me to four face-to-face interview plus lunch at their site. The first interviewer discussed some of my projects mentioned in the CV asked for explanations including basic diagrams on a whiteboard. Second interview was about testing software and I was given a simple demo application which I had to test without further knowledge. There were no special questions over the lunch break. In the third interview I had to develop a simple CSV parser using python (mentioned in my CV as familiar programming language). But I just had to tell what I would do, the actual coding was done by the interviewer. In the last interview I had to solve a simple problem (compare file endings of two given path) in C and have been asked some more general questions about my CV and my interests.
    Before each interview the interviewer shortly introduced himself (always just one person per interview) and told me some details about his work.

Interview Questions
    • I have been asked about my knowledge in network stuff like protocols and transmission (not directly related to the position I applied for but more related to the company itself).   View Answer

Sales Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

First it was basic with sending in CV, then a 'video interview' and then lastly a day at their office with interview, sales pitch, presentation and a test. Very friendly and good. The whole process took around 2 months. There were some studying to the test regarding their product and technology but nothing difficult - hardest for me was the sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember question, but sales pitch hardest element due to inexperience and not really being a 'sales person'   Answer Question

International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

Applied through university. Heard back from CISCO after a month and had a face to face interview in university. The interview was pleasant and the questions were generic (the interviewers were trying to explore your personalities). Pass the first interview, currently waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic competency and motivational questions : Why do you want to work for CISCO? Why are you applying for this position? What is your interest? What keeps you going to pursue your career aspiration? How do you see your achievement in CISCO will help contribute to the society?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

need to negotiate agressively.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

I just finish with my first interview, Cisco has changed the way of interview through the third part (Randstad Sourcing), so these people try to help you to get as high as score that possible, then they'll pass it to Cisco if you pass the first round.
    Questions was easy and straightforward, More about personal effectiveness at work, so make sure that you have example of teamwork in your mind and prepare for questions.
    Technical:
    What is Cloud
    What is Networking
    Non Technical
    What is Cisco
    Why Cisco must hire you

Interview Questions
    • Hoe to persuade someone in group to get better result, ( You shouldn't mix it with leadership or managerial role, they after a specific situation to put your answer down).   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview for a summer internship with Cisco Systems, Reading. The interview was 4 hours long, first part was writing C code on the whiteboard, namely the point-in-a-polygon algorithm. Second question was related to networking - explain what happens on each OSI layer when you open up a website. Second part - written test, 1 hour - the typical tricky questions for software engineering position. Last part - general questions and discussion on future plans, etc.
    Interviewers were polite and friendly, good experience.

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Questions
    • Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question

Customer Operation Relationship Manager Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

very difficult and too tiring and HR is incapable to identify the right candidate and takes long time. sometime you feel that how incapable they are. They are trying to sell positions.