Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014
1,131 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview for a summer internship with Cisco Systems, Reading. The interview was 4 hours long, first part was writing C code on the whiteboard, namely the point-in-a-polygon algorithm. Second question was related to networking - explain what happens on each OSI layer when you open up a website. Second part - written test, 1 hour - the typical tricky questions for software engineering position. Last part - general questions and discussion on future plans, etc.
    Interviewers were polite and friendly, good experience.

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Questions
    • Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question

Customer Operation Relationship Manager Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

very difficult and too tiring and HR is incapable to identify the right candidate and takes long time. sometime you feel that how incapable they are. They are trying to sell positions.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

After simple talk with recruiter (no technical questions), I was given a not attented coding test to do. Then interview with 6 people - mostly technical, without any particularly difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    I've accepted the offer which they made, without further negotations.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

About eight interviews face to face and a few over the phone. Generally friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is your personal career goal and how do you think this job will assist you?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

telephone interview, 2 f2f interviews- pretty standard

ASE Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Applied last yr in London. Interview process took about 3 weeks. sent application and after a week i got an email inviting me to send my availability for a telephone interview. the phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview the agent informed me that i have progressed to the next stage which involves a video submission. submitted video and the rest was history.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what the impact of the internet of everything will be in the next five years   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Systems Engineer Uk ( London) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

The telephone is very much competence question ans 1 or two so called technical ( but i called general knowledge).
    The question were simply
    1.What do you know about Cisco, Product and services
    2.Give me a time etc... about three question.
    3.What is a cloud computing? I guess everyone would be able to answere this one
    4.Why should we hire you? This one was very direct but you will need to be prepared
    5.Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role?

Jus remember that Every answer is marked out of 5 ( 1 very poor and 5 very good), You will definitely whether you have gone through by the end of the interview.
    The botom line is that you should all be ready and familiarize yourself with Cisco as a whole otherwise yo are burst.

Hope this will help

Interview Questions
    • Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role   Answer Question

Networking Internship Interview

Did online test and then had a telephone interview. They ask lots of tech questions so be prepared and also competency questions.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Initial phone interview discussing CV and general background information. Follow up call to arrange a face to face interview day lasting around 3 hours with various members of the team. Various technical questions on general programming problems and networking expertise with a short programming test. Follow up call around 2 weeks later with some overall feedback from the interview and possible next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process of recursive function calls from a low-level/hardware perspective (registers, stack, heap memory etc)   Answer Question