Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,359 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England).

Interview

I was asked to visit their offices for the first round of interviews. The environment was laid back and the interviewers were friendly.

The process started with the two software engineers asking questions relevant to my CV. At that point I had the chance to talk about past projects that I did, technologies that I used and the such.

The interview process then continued with the interviewers asking some theoretical technical questions relevant to programming languages and operating systems.

Finally, I was asked to write a couple of algorithmic pieces of code.

In the second and final interview, I was interviewed by the position's manager. The questions were HR-like, such as how I would resolve conflicts in the work environment and technical (for example how would I attempt learning a new programming language, what methodology would I use).

Interview Questions

• Several programming questions relevant to data structures and operating systems.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Straight Forward interview with HR and Line Managers. The whole process can take up to one month. The people where really friendly and you can understand the values of the company straight away

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the EMEA recruitment co-ordinator for a telephonic interview, which revealed to be just a mocking call and a waste of time. During 15 minutes telephonic my counterpart has been repeatedly yawning (6 times at least) on the phone while I was speaking, showing a total lack of education. I still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my previous job, why I left and how much I was earning, asking me to provide payslips.   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, applied online via their graduate recruitment website. Shortly was called and asked offered a telephone interview. Once I had been told that I had passed the telephone interview, I was invited to submit a 2-minute video to Cisco. Once my video has been reviewed, I was invited to attend an assessment centre in London for the graduate scheme.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I had received a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. The lady was very friendly and helped me relax as it was the first time I had been interviewed. The process took about 30 mins and I was given time to think about my answer once I was asked it. Altogether it was a good experience as I was not pressured and was able to relax and give my answers.

Interview Questions

• A time you showed leadership/solved a problem/helped a friend to solve a common issue   Answer Question

Java Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - really easy/standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Face to face interview with hiring managers @ Cisco HQ. A series of three one to one interviews and some of the questions were actually repeated. The three interviews had no technical questions, prior experience didn't seem to matter, they just wanted to know if I would fit within their team, if I had the right mentality and if this position would actually benefit me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Call by recruiter, very normal questions. Why Cisco, What do we do, what is supply chain. Then, invited to the offices at Bedfont Lakes. Three interviews with three different people. Nice, normal people from supply chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to lead?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was leaded using phone, video conferences. After initial screening, other meetings are scheduled with personnel directly related with team work.
    1. Screening.
    2. Hiring Manager interview
    3. Team member interview
    4. VP interview

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, interviewer very friendly, no hard questions. They told me I was successful and they will get in touch to arrange a formal face-to-face interview, after a month they emailed me saying I was unsuccessful... ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What tech related interests do I have outside of work   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied online, This was the first of two interviews. I am currently preparing for the second which will be more technical (second interview questions will be on networking basics: IP, MAC, OSI layers, switchs, routers, ...).
    Questions where behavioral and personality questions.
    Interview was about Cisco getting to know more about me and about me getting to know more about Cisco.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the Internet of Everything evolve in the next 20 years?   Answer Question