Cisco Systems

1,071 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details Interview for a summer internship with Cisco Systems, Reading. The interview was 4 hours long, first part was writing C code on the whiteboard, namely the point-in-a-polygon algorithm. Second question was related to networking - explain what happens on each OSI layer when you open up a website. Second part - written test, 1 hour - the typical tricky questions for software engineering position. Last part - general questions and discussion on future plans, etc.
Interviewers were polite and friendly, good experience.

Interview Question – The point-in-a-polygon algorithm mentioned above.   Answer Question

ASE Interview

ASE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied last yr in London. Interview process took about 3 weeks. sent application and after a week i got an email inviting me to send my availability for a telephone interview. the phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview the agent informed me that i have progressed to the next stage which involves a video submission. submitted video and the rest was history.

Interview Question – Describe what the impact of the internet of everything will be in the next five years   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect
London, England

I applied through another source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Question – Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Operation Relationship Manager Interview

Customer Operation Relationship Manager

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details very difficult and too tiring and HR is incapable to identify the right candidate and takes long time. sometime you feel that how incapable they are. They are trying to sell positions.

Interview Question – how much you want ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details After simple talk with recruiter (no technical questions), I was given a not attented coding test to do. Then interview with 6 people - mostly technical, without any particularly difficult questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've accepted the offer which they made, without further negotations.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details About eight interviews face to face and a few over the phone. Generally friendly.

Interview Question – What is your personal career goal and how do you think this job will assist you?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details telephone interview, 2 f2f interviews- pretty standard

Interview Question – nothing really- very common type of interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Associate Systems Engineer Uk ( London) Interview

Graduate Associate Systems Engineer Uk ( London)
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details The telephone is very much competence question ans 1 or two so called technical ( but i called general knowledge).
The question were simply
1.What do you know about Cisco, Product and services
2.Give me a time etc... about three question.
3.What is a cloud computing? I guess everyone would be able to answere this one
4.Why should we hire you? This one was very direct but you will need to be prepared
5.Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role?

Jus remember that Every answer is marked out of 5 ( 1 very poor and 5 very good), You will definitely whether you have gone through by the end of the interview.
The botom line is that you should all be ready and familiarize yourself with Cisco as a whole otherwise yo are burst.

Hope this will help

Interview Question – Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details The process was professional, with a series of two interviews; phone and face to face.

Negotiation Details – It was all through my Contracting Agency / employer. There was a little negotiation, whereby we reached an agree-able decision for both parties. I was satisfied with the process

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2011.

Interview Details Graduate program- CSAP- 1 phone interview with scenario based questions, 1 full day with a presentation to deliver, a sales roleplay to close on, and a 1-2-1 interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was a global graduate program!

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!