Citi

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with a trader, a salesperson, and a research analyst. Questions covered resume and technical finance stuff. Asked me about trade ideas and my motivation for finance and Citi.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Interview Details In about 3 weeks after applying got an e-mail requesting additional information about high school grades. Then received a link to online test to be completed within 5 days. After that got a rejection.

Interview Question – Online test   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details Got selected for a campus Interview with two people from the department. On-site interview with 5-7 people (1-2 from each team), based on your resume, they choose who they want to speak to.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Question – past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by office interview

Interview Question – Examples od analysis work   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details applied online through school.
First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!