Citi

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions
  • If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interviewed with a trader, a salesperson, and a research analyst. Questions covered resume and technical finance stuff. Asked me about trade ideas and my motivation for finance and Citi.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

In about 3 weeks after applying got an e-mail requesting additional information about high school grades. Then received a link to online test to be completed within 5 days. After that got a rejection.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

First 2 tests online: analytical and verbal; than after successfully passing got invited for 2 more tests in the office - English test with open questions(as well about my motivation and what is AML analyst work is) for 45 min and very short observation test. Few days after tests got a phone interview (30-40 min) with HR specialist (both in English and Polish), standard questions plus "describe a situation" questions. The next day got positive feedback and invitation for interview with team-leader, which was scheduled for the next day. Also questions about experience, skills, why Citi and what I know about AML (both in English and Polish). After conversation team-leader confirmed my candidature and I went for 10-15 minutes conversation with manager, who exactly after confirmed that I'll hired. All new candidates in Citi Service Center in Warsaw starting on 1st or 15th day of the month.

Interview Questions
    • one small analytical case for 5 min - like to assume how many people use Warsaw metro per day.   View Answer
    No negotiation at this stage

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

applied online through school.
    First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Phone interview followed by office interview