Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr 2015
Updated 6 Apr 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Citi's call center for a customer service job online on a Sunday night. The only application was very straight forward and consisted of a test; basic math skills, personality, and an area where you had to match account numbers. For the most part, it was easy so don't stress too much about it. The next day before noon, I got a call from the corporate office. They did a short little phone interview where they basically told me what the job was and the possible hours and double checked if that was still something I was interested in. I told them yes and she asked a few questions about my work history. I was then told that they would like to send me on to the next step which was an interview at the call center I'd be working at. She wanted to schedule it for the next day, which was Tuesday, but I sadly had to work at my current job so I had to go in on Wednesday.

I arrived 10 minutes early to the call center on that Wednesday and was given a little badge and told to sit down and someone would be with me soon. Not 5 minutes later, a young man came out and took me back to do my interview. The first part was again reminding me of the job description and requirements and verifying that I was ok with all that. I was so he continued on to the second part which consisted of scenario based questions. I gave my best answers and could easily relate it to instances that happened at my current job. The entire interview probably took about 30 minutes and I was told that I would get a call within the next couple of days.

I interviewed on a Wednesday and I got my call on that following Monday saying that I got the job! The entire process took a week, which was amazing! The phone call consisted of the hiring manager telling me what my pay would be, when training started, dress code, next steps, and creating an account so I could access important stuff like the I-9 and stuff. I made an appointment to get drug tested on the next day and returned to the call center to be fingerprinted on that Wednesday. HR conducted a background check and that took about a week. What's really nice is that there is a checklist online so you can see what's going on and when it passed.

I start my training class in a week and I am very excited about it. I would recommend that if people want to apply for this job, they should have a clean background and don't get nervous about the interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview on the phone and 1 hr in person interview. Wasn't asked questions the guy hired me after talking 10 minutes. Recruiter came in and made offer. I wasn't too happy about the offer or the misinformation that was provided on the requisition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Citibank on a Friday and I received a call back the following Tuesday, I had a quick phone interview about 10 minutes then the recuiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I arrived to my interview earlier so I waited patiently. Eventually, the manager came out and escorted me to a conference room. He gave me a short essay to read about what the job would entail, he had me read the last paragraph (I assumed it was to hear how I sounded.) The hiring manager didn't have my resume so I provided him with a copy. He asked a few questions and told me about the job and what all Citi had to offer.
    We ended the meeting on a good note and he told me I'd hear back in one week. I hear back a little over a week later. I interviewed in Jacksonville, FL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation except for shift.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

Negotiation

as-is

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview

Applied initially online, took an assessment test, was notified promptly that I passed and would be contacted by a recruiter. Next day recruiter contacted me, I missed the phone call, so I received an email from her, after following up with email, I contacted again was told information would be forwarded to local recruiters, and that was 2 days ago.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavior Type Questions. Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Irving, TX (US)).

Interview

It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Received an email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. This lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled for an interview Friday at 5pm. Basic interview questions about how I would handle situations so on and so forth. Was told that I would hear back within 7-10 business days. It's now Monday and my interview was Friday night.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Basic interview questions asked that I have been asked before in previous interviews. Basically "Tell me when..." questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview

I first applied online, took and passed the assessment test. After I had to schedule a phone interview. It was set for Wednesday, October 2nd. The recruiter informed me briefly of the position and it's pay, told me of the schedules, and the training schedules. He then went on to ask about my work history and behavioral questions. The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes. He informed me that he was submitting my info to the local recruiters and u should hear back in 7-10 days. 2 hours later I got a call from a local recruiter to schedule my interview for the next day. Thursday came and my interview was at 12. I came late because it was difficult to find the location, of course I called before to inform them. I get there and wait to be called for my interview. The interviewer invited me in a room and asked me about my last 2 previous jobs and a series of questions based upon them- work ethic, behavioral questions, multitasking, adjusting to new things, etc. that interview lasted a good 45 minutes. Afterwards he told me to take a seat. I waited for 15 to 20 minutes, and was invited back into another room and was informed that they wanted to offer me the position. I was suppose to do a 2nd interview, but she was out for a luncheon. The man at the front desk did inform me that if you stay longer, you are more than likely to get the job..,just be confident and answer the questions well throughout.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Representative position. After I submitted my application, I checked my e-mail and I had received a invitation to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I had the phone interview, which involved straight forward behavioral type questions. The interviewer asked about a time I had to learn a new computer program and how long did it take to learn, as well as describing a situation when I had used a couple of different programs at once and how did I manage it. I was also asked how I managed what was most important to the least important.
    Three days after the phone interview, I received a call to schedule an in person interview. I was told that they would be sending an e-mail with paperwork that needed to be filled out prior the interview. The paperwork took less than an hour to do, just general stuff concerning work history and various other pre-hire questions. The next day, I had the in- person interview, which took about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes of the interview consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position, hours, and what was expected from employees within the company. The last 15 minutes of the interview consisted of situational type interview questions and of course answering the many questions I had. At the end, I was told that it could take 7-10 days to hear back about an offer. The interviewer said to be sure and watch my e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when a boss wanted you to meet an unexpected outcome? How did you go about accomplishing this?   Answer Question