Citi Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015
1,075 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

5-6 in person interviews with managers, initially over the phone and 1-day visit to Canary Wharf. Nice and relaxed atmosphere, many young people. Offer on the spot, followed by background checks, Was able to start in 1 week

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume and behavioral, a few technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Filled out their application online, didn't hear back for a few months so figured l was unsuccessful. Then got an email asking me to go to an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted online tests that you did at the Citi offices, two interviews, a technical and a complacency interview and then a group project. The online tests weren't too bad..there wasn't really any way to prepare for the questions. Do bring a calculator tho. Then if you did well in the tests, you were invited back to attend the interviews and the group project.

There was about 10 of us waiting to be interviewed the day l went. They took each of us off separately and interviewed us. The technical interview went well for me, not many technical questions..more questions about the projects you have done and a lot of reference to your CV. The complacency interview is more about you and your personality. Each interview last about 20 mins. I would say have a few questions prepared to ask the person interviewing you.

Once the interviews are over, they bring you into a room where you do a group discussion with the 10 other applicants, on a topic they give you..in our case it was about a business where they were expanding and management had changed. Make sure you speak up and interact with the group. They are looking for people who work well in a team and who can provide their opinion to the group well.

Then they told us they would be in touch...and we all left.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a try catch exception?
      Q: Example of how you shown leadership and worked well in a team?

Answer Question

PMO Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Three rounds of interview within a weeks time. they were around 30 mins long and all were face to face. Questions were mainly around my cv and general PMO questions and about soft skills

Interview Questions

• what will be the first thing you plan to do when you join the team?   1 Answer

Graduate Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was held at canary wharf where all graduates were being interviewed. I was prepared to be asked to present an inestment case and prepared for some probing technical questions but unfortunately the committee that formed the interview panel was made up of HR personnel with no previous banking experience hence their questions were totally irrelevant and felt that they went on a tangent. Some candidates who were accepted were no where near the minimum basic requirements or knowledge that some of us possessed.

Interview Questions

• why would i want to join the draduate scheme?!!!!!   1 Answer

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in March 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test first and then those who progress have 3 separate interviews in one session. Competency interview, group exercise, and then technical interview.. Group exercise was just to talk about a car insurance company and how to improve it after given information about it. Technical interview was really difficult but the competency one was easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes Java special as a programming language?   1 Answer
    • Favourite programming languages and why   Answer Question
    • What is an OOP language?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very quick process, 3 stages for the summer internship, the same for full time. Good to know many languages - big selling point for Citi. They tend to select people from top universities, love Oxbridge, LSE, Science Po, etc. Read FT before the interview, they like hearing about the deals that Citi did recently

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

online application; phone interview - competency based. standard numerical tests at start with accompanying CV and cover letter. No different to any other internship application. Phone interviews are outsourced to a HR company and are fairly difficult and specific.

Spring Insight Interview

Interview

You have to fill in an application form online, which includes CV and i think cover letter. I applied for the women's programme, which apparently only has 1 interview. A lot of competency questions in interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with an analyst, associate, and a managing director. They were all very pleasant, showing genuine interest in my achievements. The entire process was technically difficult at times but my interviewers helped along where i got stuck.

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had to apply online with CV and cover letter. A few weeks later was asked to sit a numerical test. Finally they called me to offer a telephone Interview.