Citi

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer

Junior Commodity Quant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through an agency.
    First round phone interview: tell me about yourself in 5 mins. Then go through my CV and ask questions about my teaching experience. Then math and numerical analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some linear algebra questions were raised during the interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions
    • If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

applied online on the company's website. then someone called me and asked for a phone interview. scheduled it and did the interview. believe its a 2 stage process though. first round and final round.

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation

IT Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

There is four stages to the interview process. The order of these are slightly varied. At the start of the day you will either do both interviews or do the aptitude test. Once you have completed one you will move onto the other.

1a) Competency Interview - A one-on-one interview with someone in a senior role. This focuses on what you stated in your CV, while also going over experience you have gained in other jobs and in education. Expect questions such as 'where have you displayed leadership'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

1b) Technical Interview - A one-on-one interview. This covers a wide range of technical questions, covering details you have stated in your CV. A good knowledge of technologies you have stated in your CV will leave you in good standing. Also prepare for questions such as 'How do you deal with working under pressure / close to deadlines'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

2) Aptitude Test - This is completed on a computer. There are 30? questions each lasting 3 minutes to answer. There is no advantage in answering the questions quickly. Once you skip/answer a question you cannot revisit it. Questions are varied and you may not get asked the same questions as others. Questions range from working out speed given distance and time, to selecting the correct pattern when told the rules for it. This does not seem to play a critical role in the interview process, as those scoring ~40-50% make it through the process.

3) Group Interview - This will be done in a meeting room where the interviewers will sit in each corner of the room. You will be given a case study and told to come up with 3 key areas to make improvements to the company in the case study. The focus of this isn't the solutions, but how you behave and act. Once the team agrees on the 3 main areas they will improve you are asked to give a presentation to the interviewers on these ideas. How this is done in up to the team.

Interview Questions
    • State a time when asked to do something, and you weren't sure exactly what needed to be done   Answer Question
    n/a

CTS Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

4 interviews one on one on-site (including one as timed case study presentation).
    Very nice people interested in knowing about your reasons for applying and being able to connect it with relevant prior experience. Evidence of research into company was built upon into conversation with interviewers as well as general questions about why the company, banking, why now, and some questions on projects in previous roles.

Interview Questions
    • Question based on timed case study which referred to an aspect not seen due to time constraints of case study.   Answer Question

Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is a C11 position; it was listed as "Senior Developer". The process involved: A telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview the following week, followed by a "we want to hire you" phone call a day later. It then took about a month for HR to get through the negotiation phase.

Interview Questions
    I asked about the salary range that was budgeted for the position. I was then asked for my previous salary, and was actually told that I would receive no written offer unless I disclosed it. I was then offered a salary that was less than the initial range. Not a good sign.

IB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Applied online, followed up with cold calling and a phone pitch. Did three phone interviews that were mostly technical and IB related. The big surprise was in the AC- No technical questions but you get stretched with the business case and the other activities. Time management is key and you get evaluated against people with you in the AC.

Interview Questions
    • At&t wants to acquire a telecom company in Nigeria- Briefly discuss with me five points that you want to raise as an adviser to the client's meeting tomorrow?   View Answer