Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Graduate Associate Interview

IT Graduate Associate
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details There is four stages to the interview process. The order of these are slightly varied. At the start of the day you will either do both interviews or do the aptitude test. Once you have completed one you will move onto the other.

1a) Competency Interview - A one-on-one interview with someone in a senior role. This focuses on what you stated in your CV, while also going over experience you have gained in other jobs and in education. Expect questions such as 'where have you displayed leadership'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

1b) Technical Interview - A one-on-one interview. This covers a wide range of technical questions, covering details you have stated in your CV. A good knowledge of technologies you have stated in your CV will leave you in good standing. Also prepare for questions such as 'How do you deal with working under pressure / close to deadlines'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

2) Aptitude Test - This is completed on a computer. There are 30? questions each lasting 3 minutes to answer. There is no advantage in answering the questions quickly. Once you skip/answer a question you cannot revisit it. Questions are varied and you may not get asked the same questions as others. Questions range from working out speed given distance and time, to selecting the correct pattern when told the rules for it. This does not seem to play a critical role in the interview process, as those scoring ~40-50% make it through the process.

3) Group Interview - This will be done in a meeting room where the interviewers will sit in each corner of the room. You will be given a case study and told to come up with 3 key areas to make improvements to the company in the case study. The focus of this isn't the solutions, but how you behave and act. Once the team agrees on the 3 main areas they will improve you are asked to give a presentation to the interviewers on these ideas. How this is done in up to the team.

Interview Question – State a time when asked to do something, and you weren't sure exactly what needed to be done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details I reached out to a senior level employee who I had alum connections with and after 2 conversations she asked me if I would be interested in a 2 week work experience to get a sense of the company, the department, and the team. So really there was no interview unless you count the conversations as ones.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details The overall experience was very good. At the start only CV had to be submitted on-line and after closing date received an e-mail inviting me to the assessment centre. Had an option to choose between couple of days plus morning or afternoon session. All people I've met that day were lovely and tried to get everybody to relax and do our best.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected: Why Citi; what is good customer service; what I expect from the job; can I bring something to the company. Competency based: multitasking, problem solving, coping under pressure.   View Answer

CTS Interview

CTS

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details 4 interviews one on one on-site (including one as timed case study presentation).
Very nice people interested in knowing about your reasons for applying and being able to connect it with relevant prior experience. Evidence of research into company was built upon into conversation with interviewers as well as general questions about why the company, banking, why now, and some questions on projects in previous roles.

Interview Question – Question based on timed case study which referred to an aspect not seen due to time constraints of case study.   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

IB Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, followed up with cold calling and a phone pitch. Did three phone interviews that were mostly technical and IB related. The big surprise was in the AC- No technical questions but you get stretched with the business case and the other activities. Time management is key and you get evaluated against people with you in the AC.

Interview Question – At&t wants to acquire a telecom company in Nigeria- Briefly discuss with me five points that you want to raise as an adviser to the client's meeting tomorrow?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details 1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Interview Question – Explain about resent unconventional monetaly policy.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst/Corporate Banking Interview

Summer Analyst/Corporate Banking
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Interview Details Fast tracked to the AC from the spring week programme. The AC was quite intense with numerical test, FT exercise, case study presentation, and 2 additional interviews. The interviews were very competency based and the expected Why corporate banking? But everything was quite straight forward and there were no big surprises.

Interview Question – For me the case study presentation was the hardest - but thinking about it afterwards it was actually quite easy. Just make sure to use your time wisely and start by doing all the calculations of profits for different projects, and after that eliminate projects with a lot of risks.   Answer Question

Applications Support Manager Interview

Applications Support Manager
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2010.

Interview Details 2 Formal Interviews, including a technical Unix / Windows / Networking technical test. First interview involved 7 or 8 competency based questions - "Describe a time when you delivered a project to very tight timescales", for example. The second interview was with a senior manager, who was rubber stamping the opinion of the manager involved in the first interview.

Interview Question – What's your biggest challenge to date in your career..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible.

CMO Interview

CMO
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Interview Details Final round - AC.

Numerical + Verbal test - on pcs
Case study - Info from a booklet was used to form a presentation
3 fit interviews + 1 presentation
Group exercise

Interview Question – She told me to look out the window and analyse a building site   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!