Citi

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

2.9

Spring Insight Interview

You have to fill in an application form online, which includes CV and i think cover letter. I applied for the women's programme, which apparently only has 1 interview. A lot of competency questions in interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I had 3 interviews with an analyst, associate, and a managing director. They were all very pleasant, showing genuine interest in my achievements. The entire process was technically difficult at times but my interviewers helped along where i got stuck.

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

I had to apply online with CV and cover letter. A few weeks later was asked to sit a numerical test. Finally they called me to offer a telephone Interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2015.

In Office first round of interviews for a summer internship in Sales and Trading.

I was interviewed twice, each time about 30 minutes by an Englishman 5I would say between 26 and 30 years old, Associate level). They were both very nice and did their best to put me at ease. It was much more of a conversation than an interview, nothing really technical, they just want to check our motivation and interest, as well as our work experience, and see if we will cope with high pressure.

Amazing view on London from the 36th floor!

Interview Questions
    • Do you more or less know what a salesperson and a trader do? Which would be your preference?   Answer Question
    I have been invited to the next round, which will be the final one: the 6h30 assessment!

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer

Junior Commodity Quant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through an agency.
    First round phone interview: tell me about yourself in 5 mins. Then go through my CV and ask questions about my teaching experience. Then math and numerical analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some linear algebra questions were raised during the interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions
    • If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

applied online on the company's website. then someone called me and asked for a phone interview. scheduled it and did the interview. believe its a 2 stage process though. first round and final round.

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation