Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 27 Mar 2015

3.5

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very quick process, 3 stages for the summer internship, the same for full time. Good to know many languages - big selling point for Citi. They tend to select people from top universities, love Oxbridge, LSE, Science Po, etc. Read FT before the interview, they like hearing about the deals that Citi did recently

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England) in February 2012.

Interview

1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
    2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
    3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

All the basic banking interview questions (valuation, walk me through your resume, etc). Spent a lot of time going through my background. Overall, not very challenging. I think others might have had different questions.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. I had already been in the process elsewhere so I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Did not proceed with actual interview due to Citi's inflexibility in interviewing/hiring process length.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview

Online application (no numerical test or other tests) - first round telephone interview (3 interviews from Citi Hong Kong staff)

Invited to AC. Will go there soon.

Interview Questions

• What impact will Fed's bond tapering early next year have on global stock markets and why?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

What do you know about IB?
    What your thoughts on long work hours?
    IB Summer Internship?
    What deal had done?
    Follow up Question: Research on Industry Section of the deal you had worked on
    Do you follow the news on Finance Industry?

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by Superday interviews. They hired about half of the people who came in for the final round. Typical mix of fit and technical questions. I met with 3 senior bankers.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)