Citi

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bournemouth, England

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details Same like usual assessment centre experience. I hope you could make the offer.

Interview Questions

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2008.

Interview Details The interview day gave me a rather positive impression towards Citi.

In the morning, there are maths and logic tests followed by 3 one-to-one interviews with managers. The tests are about 20 minutes each and relatively straight forward. My interviewers were quite friendly as well and 2/3 of them felt more like conversations; conversations about my past experience, what I would do in certain scenarios and a few questions testing my technical expertise. The interviews did not have much of the usual pointless HR questions you might get asked, such as "why do you want to work with us?" or "have you used technology?", which seemed like the only thing that Goldman Sachs was interested in.

During lunch, you have a chance to speak to a few recent recruits and also given a project proposal to read. The tasks during the afternoon are based on this. First, you need to submit an essay about this project and also prepare some presentation material such as slides. Once this has been completed, you present the project to a manager and later you are grouped with a few other applicants to discuss the feasibility of the project and also try to improve the design.

This concludes the interview day.

Interview Question – There was a financial question which I was asked, I forget the question, but it was about Citi and the current financial crisis.   View Answer

Technology Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details I have applied through their web site and after 1 month they have contacted me do a logical test. The next step was 2-part phone interview with two people from the technology department. The questions were mostly competency based questions.
Two days later I was invited to take part in the Assessment Center, where I had to write a report based on a document and also prepare for a presentation. Moreover I had 3 face-to-face interviews, the presentation, and one logical test on their computers privided by TalentQ.

Interview Question – Why Citi? Why banking? how to implement a hash map?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Question – Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Question – The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in November 2012.

Interview Details Went to a Super Day with a lot of other students. Had multiple 1 on 1 interviews asking basic personality and programming questions. Officially applied to a position after and had another mini-Super Day with less applicants involved but far more in-depth interviews. Then had an hour to take a written test.

Interview Question – How do you swap two integer variables without using a temp variable?   View Answer

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Got an on-campus interview call

Technology Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details I received an email from a recruiter for the TLP program requesting a phone interview. We had decided to have the phone interview on 02/24/2012. However due to some circumstances, my recruiter had to leave early that day and we agreed to have the phone interview Monday (02/27/2012). My interview was mainly a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – There were no curve balls in my interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Start date was for December 2012. I graduate in May 2013.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Java Garbage Collection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for an internship

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!