Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Same like usual assessment centre experience. I hope you could make the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2008.

The interview day gave me a rather positive impression towards Citi.

In the morning, there are maths and logic tests followed by 3 one-to-one interviews with managers. The tests are about 20 minutes each and relatively straight forward. My interviewers were quite friendly as well and 2/3 of them felt more like conversations; conversations about my past experience, what I would do in certain scenarios and a few questions testing my technical expertise. The interviews did not have much of the usual pointless HR questions you might get asked, such as "why do you want to work with us?" or "have you used technology?", which seemed like the only thing that Goldman Sachs was interested in.

During lunch, you have a chance to speak to a few recent recruits and also given a project proposal to read. The tasks during the afternoon are based on this. First, you need to submit an essay about this project and also prepare some presentation material such as slides. Once this has been completed, you present the project to a manager and later you are grouped with a few other applicants to discuss the feasibility of the project and also try to improve the design.

This concludes the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • There was a financial question which I was asked, I forget the question, but it was about Citi and the current financial crisis.   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I have applied through their web site and after 1 month they have contacted me do a logical test. The next step was 2-part phone interview with two people from the technology department. The questions were mostly competency based questions.
    Two days later I was invited to take part in the Assessment Center, where I had to write a report based on a document and also prepare for a presentation. Moreover I had 3 face-to-face interviews, the presentation, and one logical test on their computers privided by TalentQ.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2013.

Referred by a friend and interviewed soon after. Met with two different levels of management. A portion of the interview included reading a contract and analyzing parts of it.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Got an on-campus interview call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in November 2012.

Went to a Super Day with a lot of other students. Had multiple 1 on 1 interviews asking basic personality and programming questions. Officially applied to a position after and had another mini-Super Day with less applicants involved but far more in-depth interviews. Then had an hour to take a written test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you swap two integer variables without using a temp variable?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2012.

School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   Answer Question