Citi

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Question – Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
  Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Question – basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through other source and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details They asked about my previous experience. they are looking to see if you have previous retail experience, they are focused on customer service. Also, they want to make sure your are goal driven and will help meet the goals of the bank, that you can REFER and SELL.

Interview Question – What were your goals from previous companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12,000 yearly plus benefits

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Phone interview went very well. There were no questions that I find difficult. Basically just asking for my career background, previous job experience, why applying to their company, etc. They said will call again in 7-10 days but it has been two weeks and no word from them yet.

Teller

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details Online application: Smooth and relatively easy. Included an assessment that took about 15 mins to complete.
Phone interview: Simple questions; went over employment and education history. Then asked a few situational questions.
In-person interview: Sat down with the branch and assistant branch managers. 3 step interview process: employment/education history/experience. More behavioral/situational questions, and then time for me to ask a few questions. This is were things went south for me-I was not fond of the branch managers personality or lack of professionalism. She stated her expectations of the position (which was absolute perfection, OR ELSE!). Overall she did not make me want to work for her or for the company.
Overal the process was relatively easy. HR was slow to respond and took a few days to return my calls. It was over a week between my phone interview and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Citibank?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose the teller position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you came across an internal error, how did you react and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortably selling services including credit cards and are you uneasy about the daily sales goals?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were most satisfied at work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was very enthusiastic about the position until the in person interview. The branch manager and assistant manager were not on the same page and that produced an awkward interview for me. I was not impressed the the branch managers professionalism and her ludicrous expectations. She did not make me want to work for her, or for the company

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Signed up online and they called me. In the phone call you will have to find a time to interview through phone. They call at the exact time specified. The interview was filled with behavioral questions. They focus a lot on customer service. They say they will email or call you back but they didn't.

Interview Question – They asked situational questions like how would you handle selling our products.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Applied online, got a phone interview, then I had a interview with the area manager, after that I meet with the branch manager. the process took about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions are very basic. (education, experience, etc.) Employers want to make sure the person can do the job he/she applied.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details I just got the phone interview with 6 questions.
1-Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.
2-What skill do you have as a cashier?
3-why do you want to work for citi?
4-why should we hire you?
5-Why did you leave your last job?
6-What is your ideal job?
7-Describe your duties as a cashier.
8- Describe your duties as a Costumer Service.
9-Tell me about your last job.
10- there is one more but i cant recall what the question was.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you gave excellent Costumer Service.   View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details Received a phone called which was my first interview, then a personal interview, then another phone interview and last the offer for employment.

Interview Question – Would you be able to work weekends?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Teller interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.