Citi

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details I had 7 interviews, 6 1-2-1's standard 'talk me through your CV and give me examples when....' type of questions and a standard HR interview (but 1-2-1's continued after the HR interview).

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions and a few scenario based questions but if you have enough experience it wouldn't be taxing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered more than the number I stated but Citi were aware that I had other offers and was in the middle of other interview processes

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview Details As with any Investment bank interviewing is a lengthy process here and you need to make sure you get a favourable feedback from all your interviewers to get the offer. Depenfing on the level of your sought position you may be interviewed by the Head of Depertment to a few juniors to make sure you "fit well" with the team. So please bring out your personality as much as your professionalism.

Interview Question – What do you want to be doing in next 5-10 years,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In my case being humble worked very much in my favour, I got a nice increase to my previous salary, without asking that much.

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview Details I went for an experienced role so all the interviews were all 1:1 interviews. Met the hiring manager the first time, and had a half an hour meeting, talking about the role and requirements for the role, and also about my previous work experience. Subsequently I met the rest of the team, also similar interview format, and finally the head of the business to get the final OK.

Interview Question – We are only looking for the best people, how do you think you stand out among the other candidates?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Interview Question – What would you do as a CFO of the company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President
Elk Grove Village, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Interview Question – Business cases, SAS coding questions etc.   Answer Question

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Question – All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not open to negotiation on salary.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Interview Question – Smart pointers reference counting   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

Interview Details My hiring process was very brief in that I already worked at a company that Citi worked closely with. They had already reviewed my experience and spoken to my boss so there were no surprises.

Interview Question – Will you be willing to travel is always the hardest for me, neither party seems to know exact on that one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. I already had a relationship with the company so I received the same salary and that was fine.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Interview Details Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!