Citizens Financial Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citizens Financial Group

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Citizens Financial Group Videos

Citizens Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

About Citizens Bank Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group Operations Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees and interview candidates.