City of Houston Interview Questions

Updated 2 Feb 2015
Updated 2 Feb 2015

2.5

Curriculum Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Lots of technical questions regarding the instructional design process. Pretty straightforward interview if you understand the instructional design system. The learning and development center is small but very nice. The people are extremely friendly as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant City Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Interview was not too formal. Filled out application in blue ink. Meet with the manager, and another supervisor. Asked questions related to my job experience. Was an overall easier interview than most because I had been refered by a highly-regarded colleague.

Airport Operations Assistant Interview

Interview

First step was what thing a video and answering customer service questions, they pick the people that best fits their need from your answers, about a month after that I had my interview with 4 people at the same time, head of human resources the other 3 worked in my department. After interview it took about 2 months for extensive background check, started working about a month after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Most of my interviews were informal and the job postings were posted out of formality. They already usually know who they are hiring. Human Resources is constantly re-assigned to different departments, which slows down the hiring process.

Jailer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Its a very long process, You take a reading comprehension test, polygraph, Go through a background test, than an almost 900 word psychological test the you talk to a Pysch. From then on if you pass all that you get a job offer. Once psych is finished it has to have 4 signatures from backgrounds supervisor then once it get that they make you the offer

Interview Questions

• The polygraph is 4-5 hours and pyschological the same amount of time   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call you and make you the offer if your still interested and tell you the salary. If you accept you move on to the next steph which is your drug test and physical

Police Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

It is a very long and difficult process to become a hostage negotiator. One must study the department's policies, remember officer safety and concerns, and prepare for the scenarios. Additionally, an officer must have a stellar back ground and be highly recommended by supervisors. This is a very long process that takes almost a year. Once one is selected for the school, the school is three weeks. So, considering all the training, one can assume he/she must be prepared.

Interview Questions

• This is a secret. Applicants will have to figure that out on their own. It is one of the reasons the process is difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Houston in January 2014.

Interview

Received call for interview on Monday for a Friday interview. Interviewer explained how their timecards worked and gave me one to complete. The timesheet had errors on there and I was to find errors and correct them.

Management Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for interview, interview had three young professional panel members and they were very friendly and in my opinion the interview was very easy.

Interview Questions

• what skills and experience i would bring to the job if hired   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied on line. Application status changed from "received application" to "departmental reviewing". It has been 2 months and no updates. I called to follow up and was told cannot speak to hiring manager. I asked if position was still open and lady informed me she did not know. Asked her for advice on what to do. She said we are slow at hiring and just keep checking your status on line. Very frustrating and unprofessional on their part. If one is not qualified then change status to not qualified.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

Interview

It is usually a 2-3 round interviewing process where you meet with a panel of 3 employees and they ask various questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You really have no room to negotiate.