Claire's Stores

Getting the Interview

71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details Took one interview and one reference and hired

Interview Question – Interview process was pretty normal and mundane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

Negotiation Details – I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details Simple Quick Interview in the Food Court.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a lot of problems at once, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They tell you what your salary is.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Was offered max pay.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Question – How would your last manager describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details step one is interview with manager
step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Question – computer too old   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details Fill out an application in store, call after a few days to make sure they looked at it. Sometimes associates just toss them in the drawer. Come in for face to face interview with store manager, then wait for a phone call. Get hired, train for a few weeks at sales associate pay, then take the "key turn" test either over the phone or face to face with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the registers freeze and there are customers in the store?   View Answer
  • What is the youngest age we will do a double piercing on a child?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary/hourly pay is not negotiable. Every volume has a system, busier the store, more you get paid.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details 3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

Interview Question – would you be comfortable deterring theft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details Very quick, basic questions about customers and handling money
Manager was busy with other things did a in store interview while others were around and called me back the very next day hiring me as a sales associate. Manager started me on black Friday with no training or prep for the day.

Interview Question – What would you do with a mother who got their baby's ears pierced and one fell out but they blamed you or the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was hired as a sales associate

East Peoria, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details Why Claires?

Interview Question – Most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees and interview candidates.