Clayton Homes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.5

Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2013.

Interview process was minimal but then I had a Real Estate background so it was understood that I knew sales and home sales in that arena. Manager seemed unconcerned, the other manager I went to interview with as part of this process also offered me a position if the original location did nit work out.

THERE IS NO NEGOTIIATING, poor base pay

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Clayton Homes in July 2014.

I had an interview set up by a recruiting firm that really didn't take my qualifications into any account. I never heard back from the recruiter or the company. Was asked to sit with other technicians to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions
    • so what kind of questions do you have for me   View Answer

Home Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Was contacted by an HR rep within two hours. Did a preliminary interview over the phone. Did a second one. Then was emailed a link to perform their psychological assessment (CALIPER.) That took 30 minutes. After passing that, I interviewed with the General Manager. Then interviewed with the Regional Manager. Then took the background and drug screen. To be honest, I thought it was ALOT for a sales position but am glad I did it. Took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward. Wanted to know my opinion about my past experience with sales processes.   Answer Question
    Wasn't any negotiation. Their pay plan is pretty straight forward. (Production Based)

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clayton Homes in April 2014.

Quick initial application followed by phone call , full application, Assessment Test and reference check and finally interview. I was surprised that no one from the Company bothered to say thanks but we went for another applicant, thanks for applying or anything. Manager did not return call.

Interview Questions
    • Went over my assessment test. Some general questions about my experience. Went over the same questions in the phone interview (how do you handle rejection, etc).   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through my university. A couple days later I received a call telling me they were interested in interviewing me. I went in and spoke with 4 people over about 2 hours. It was basic interview questions. Everyone was very nice and I had an overall positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bit about yourself?

...there weren't many curveballs
        Answer Question

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Falls, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Falls, MN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Clayton Homes in November 2009.

You will be required to take the Clayton Homes Caliper Test which is about 2 hours long. You will then have to do another interview with the Corporate Management after your interview with the local plant you applied to. It will take the Corporate Management about 8-12 weeks to decide on whether to hire you. If hired, you will have a background check done along with a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult point I experienced from the corporate management interview was, "Based on your caliper test, you are not suppose to be in sales". I really didn't know how to reply to that due to having a resume the shows positive results in sales and recruiting.   View Answer
    No negotiation allowed. You either take what they offer or keep on looking for other work.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2011.

Didn't take too long, maybe 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions
    They weren't able to offer the money I wanted but they were flexible on scheduling.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Clayton Homes in February 2008.

met with upper management and other general managers and also the recruiter for the general area. Took a basic personality, sales aptitude test and then had to fill out everything else on line. Everything mostly handled on line or over the phone. Was a structured process with no surprises

Interview Questions
    • relate challenges at previous and how i handled and resolved them. What is my best quality   Answer Question
    cut and dried, no negotiation except on start date and maybe location

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Clayton Homes in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the lead recruiter, who I had known from a previous employer. The second step was to be an hour long interview with her boss, the VP of HR. When we met, he was somewhat in a hurry, did not ask me many questions about a previous job that was very similar and did not seem that engaged in the interview. I was told that they were initially speaking to 4 individuals that they had singled out, me being one of those, and that they were going to pick 2 from that group to do an assessment and to do a panel interview. I was e-mailed a week later and told I was not selected and that they were going to proceed with another candidate. Then 2 days later, they posted the job online.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you supported your clients when you where with "x"? (which was 3 jobs ago.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

The Summer Internship process generally begins with an on campus interest session where you can speak with company representatives and give a resume, otherwise you may upload a resume on your schools career services website but there was no formal online application.
    After that you receive a call to schedule a short first round phone interview assessing your interest in the company and past experience. If you perform well you will be asked to schedule a second round interview with an HR manager.
    The second round interview takes place at the Corporate Offices in Maryville, TN. You get a better talk and more specific questions from an HR manager and are asked your preferences for placement if asked in for a final interview at headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a leader and a manager?   Answer Question

Declined because of other internship offer

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!