Clear Channel

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details Initial Interview I went through a series of question of the GSM and was interviewed by other managers

Negotiation Details – We came in the middle of what I needed for a salary/draw and what they offered

Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in April 2009.

Interview Details I went through six interviews, supervisor, manager, panel interview and a phone interview. I took a personality profile test as well. The interview was intense once I met with the Director but well worth it. You must be very determined and prove it to get a job and I was.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the 20 other applicants   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Push for what you want- If you made it that far they want you and will pay to get you

Interviewed at Clear Channel

Interview Details I applied back in December and they said they weren't hiring, but contacted me in late April for a phone interview. First phone interview included some standard questions as well as information about the company. Next was a second phone interview later that week which was only 15 minutes and easier than the first one. In this interview they tell you about a case study assgnment that you have to present in front of the sales managers. The guidelines for the assignment were brief and straightforward, but be prepared to be able to come up with a very detailed marketing campagin for whichever client they choose for you (mine was forever 21). They asked a lot of questions throughout the presentation and expected me to know exactly how to do the job given I am a recent graduate and have only a summer's worth of sales experience.

Interview Question – Name every host of the top NY radio stations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details All over the place. What is my favorite radio station is the hardest question asked - are thise people alive? No wonder their business is tanking.

Interview Question – Favorite radio station?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Place feels like a train wreck.

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details Long interview process... took place over 5-6 weeks. Application submission. Phone interview. 1st face-to-face interview with manager. 2nd face-to-face interview with two managers and AE's. Senior Management interview. 4th face-to-face interview with two separate managers (two interviews back-to-back), 5th interview with a mock-presentation.

Interview Question – They were easy and typical questions. Nothing was difficult. Be prepared to discuss past, present, and future. Explain how your experience, strengths, and knowledge can translate into competitive advantages for their team, stations, & market. Preparation is key.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not possible. It was take it or leave it. Was led to believe that accounts would be placed under me to increase my total compensation above the "standard" draw that every AE receives. Once I started, it took two months for management to transfer those accounts. When it was not consistent with their previous assurances, there was no explanation or discussion allowed for their lack of follow-through.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.

Interview Question – What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details I interviewed for the AE position in NYC. The interviewer was cold and peered at me through her glasses the entire time. She was condescending and asked questions about a job I had 13 years ago.

Interview Question – She asked if you can name all the NYC radio stations owned by Clear Channel and three artists from each station.   View Answer

Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel in April 2008.

Interview Details The interview process for me was a panel interview with 5 Sales Managers each firing off questions the second I finished answering them. It was pretty intense but I felt a connection right away with them all. Toured the radio station and met with the General Manager. He asked even more difficult questions but I ultimately won him over.

Interview Question – What my definition of branding a company was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 6 months of a monthly salary of $2750 then 100% commission. No negotiating.

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with recruiter. Went well, scheduled interview with GSM. That went well, followed up with interview with director of sales and regional VP. Did follow up after all interviews and twice contacted the GSM about if they had made any decisions on the candidates, no response. Would have at least expected a call or email regarding a yes or no to the position however nothing was given. Makes sense why their turnover rate is fairly high with the lack of communication, cannot imagine their employees being happy or their clients either.

Interview Question – Questions were standard   Answer Question

Rockville, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel in September 2012.

Interview Details I was an intern with Clear Channel while in college, so I thought I would take a shot and apply for the account executive position, hoping that my resume might be picked for that reason. About a week later, I had someone e-mail me asking to set up a phone interview.

She didn't ask difficult questions, instead, she mostly asked me to talk about my experience with Clear Channel in the past. She also talked about what would my challenges be coming into a position with no sales experience. Although I didn't think the conversation went very well, she invited me in for an in-person interview the next week.

At the in-person interview, I met with the woman I had spoke to on the phone, and one of the other managers. In my interview, they did not ask me a lot of questions. They asked me about my background in college (what kinds of classes did I take, etc). We also talked about what the goal of the account executive was, and how they go about doing it. After a nice 45 minute interview, they told me they would let me know very soon the next steps in the process.

About three days later, the same woman I spoke to in the phone interview called me back, and asked if I was interested in moving on with the application process. Although the interview went well and I really like the company, I decided not to continue any further. The account executive position is entirely commission based after the first 90 days, and that was a financial risk that I was not ready to take.

Interview Question – What would be your biggest challenge coming into this role?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clear Channel

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees and interview candidates.