Clearlink

Updated 18 Jan 2015
Updated 18 Jan 2015

2.5

Director Interview

Kept communication up and exceedingly timely in all interviews. Paid for all costs incurred in travel and were super, super accommodating for the final round of interviews in their offices. Very professional. Very thoughtful. Answered all of my questions honestly and without hesitations.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I sent in an application online and was contacted in 3 or 4 days. I went in for an interview which i was unaware would be a group interview which can always seem a little impersonal but the recruiter made it feel natural and did well at identifying who would make good employees and who would not

Interview Questions
    • How i will handle the i have to talk to my spouse objections when closing the sale.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in November 2014.

I was extremely impressed by Clearlink. It's apparent that both recruiters and management value talent more than filling a position. I chatted with a recruiter, and she said that she'd do some exploring internally to find out if there was a good place. I was then called in to interview with the CMO and a director to assess a fit. It just so happened there was a really good fit for a new initiative, so I came back and interviewed with the CFO and other directors.

An offer came, and it was both attractive and generous. The CMO and head of HR both reached out personally to answer any additional questions. The process was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

I had been fighting the entrepreneurial urge, and had to take a chance at a new business venture.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Clearlink in November 2014.

Applied online, and heard back within a week or two. The experience with the recruiter discouraged me from pursuing the opportunity at Clearlink. She was very bad a communicating and being transparent about the process, she made multiple mistakes in scheduling and even indicating whether the role was open or not. I still think Clearlink is a good company, but since I was interviewing with other firms, this one became less relevant.

Affiliate Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Clearlink in November 2014.

I applied for an entry level marketing position and heard back from the VP of Talent Services within a week. Scheduled out a phone interview for that same week. About 10 minutes before that call, I received a call and was asked if we could reschedule bc she was busy - rescheduled for later on that week. Once the time came along to talk, I didn't receive a call until 10 minutes after our scheduled time....and it was from a different HR person on behalf of the VP. Call went well and I was told that I would be considered for multiple positions.

I then scheduled out an interview with the manager for the following week. The interview went well, spoke to the manager and his team member. I was told that I was going to be considered for the Affiliate Account Coordinator position. Manager mentioned that they were going to finish interviewing another candidate for the position and that I had to complete out an excel project before I would hear back from them within a week's time. Week passed by and I didn't hear back. Followed up with them and was told that they would get back to me after the holiday.

After the break, I reached out to them again via but it was to no avail. Finally heard back from the manager a week later. He told me that they wanted to interview some other people but told me that I was one of their top candidates. Emailed the manager back and asked when they would finalize their decision... It's been two weeks since I've sent that email.....and I STILL haven't heard back.

I was really interested in the opportunity but after going through all of this, I no longer became interested. I moved forward with a different company and I haven't followed up with Clearlink since this last email.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot of technical questions about marketing. *Explain to me what you know about keyword research, have you ever done it...questions of that sort. Most of the questions were geared towards my skills.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Clearlink.

I was hired for this position as a sales rep. My performance and education made me a candidate in the eyes of a concerned and intelligent boss and the interview was more of a conversation and discussion than a grilling. Once in a management position, opportunities were presented for additional responsibilities based off of the needs for the business rather than specific positions coming available

Interview Questions
    • "Do believe you can be the right man for this job?"   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in October 2014.

I was called by the VP of Talent Acquisition after I had sent in my resume and applied for a marketing position. She set up a date and time for an interview with her. She would call me at the appointed time. The call never came.

I called and left a message on her phone after waiting for about twenty minutes. I also sent an email asking what happened. Later that day she emailed me back saying she had mistakenly put the appointment on her calendar for the next week. We made another appointment for a few days later.

The interview was about 45 minutes, appropriate questions, and was a pleasant experience. The VP of Talent Acquisition said she would set up a phone interview with the CMO, which she did.

The CMO called at the agreed upon day and time, informed me that he was driving, that he did not have my resume in front of him, and "what position are you applying for?" The call disconnected three times during the 45 minute interview. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to take the time to interview candidates in his office or home. I believe at one point I finally knew when he reached home because I could hear him disarming his home alarm system.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions had nothing to do with what was actually listed in the job description, and seemed to be pet projects or loves of the CMO.   View Answer

Vice President Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clearlink in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and two weeks later I received an email requesting a telephone interview. On the agreed day and time, Clearlink did not call. After emailing asking if they wanted to reschedule, another day and time was set, only to not receive a phone call, again.

Clearlink apologized profusely thru an email and set another day/time for the phone interview. This time they called. The interview was fairly basic and most of the questions were about my marketing background and the results of various marketing strategies.

Following that interview, I was told Clearlink would arrange for me speak to another senior company executive. Like the first interview, various days and times were set and no phone call was received.

When I finally did have the telephone interview, it was obvious the person was reading from a list of prepared questions and never seemed interested in what my plan would be to run the marketing department.

After that interview, I was told I would interview with a member of the executive team and I would get an email with a day/time. After one week, I sent an email asking about the status. I did not receive an answer for four days. Then I was told it was the busy season and there would be a delay, but I would get the meeting info in the next three days. After five days I sent another email. Again, no response.

Finally, after another request for a status update I was told they would talk to the executive team and get a day/time. The next day I get a generic "thank you for your time, but we've decided to pursue other candidates" email.

Overall the interview process was unprofessional. Appointments were not respected and Clearlink did not respond when they said they would.

Clearlink Response

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Director

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel positive about your interviews with CLEARLINK for the marketing role. Your feedback to this experience is helpful, and we take it seriously. We have ... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Clearlink in May 2014.

Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clearlink.

They just asked about previous work experience and asked me to start on Monday. Not very professional and not very in-depth. My case was somewhat extraordinary though, because I showed up unannounced and they made time for me because they were hiring so aggressively at the time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is set.