Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated

Updated 14 Aug 2014
Updated 14 Aug 2014

2.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in August 2014.

I found the hiring event online through the companies website. I filled out the application online and also attended the event. I first did a prescreen with an HR rep, if successful ( I was ) I say for a panel interview with two hiring managers. Afterwords I sat with an HR rep who finalized paper work for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle rebuttal?   View Answer
    • Since your background is Marketing, how do you feel this position aligns with that of sales.   Answer Question
    • Why Coca Cola?   Answer Question
    • If offered a position, are you available to work any days of the week or holidays   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in August 2014.

I went in for an onsite interview "hiring event" for a Inside Sales Rep position. Interview was at the distribution center but the position location is at the CC in South Park. I got there around 11:20am and the event was from 12-6. I was fifth in line. Once inside I was asked to fill out name for registration and asked if you filled out for the position online(yes) and brought a resume (yes). Sat down in a room that showed a short video of the Call Center and different positions. I was called back after 5 min of sitting down in the room and Michelle interview me, who was really nice. We sat in one of the cubicles and asked me 1) What do I know about this position. 2) What experience do I have that is related to this position. 3) How many different computer systems did I use at one time at my previous job. Then she said to sit down at another group of chairs by the cubicle to wait for the next round of interviews.

I sat down for maybe a minute and then was called back to a room with 2 managers, Kathy and Raz who were also very nice and were asked another group of questions. 4) Tell me about yourself 5) What do you know about this company then questions about my last position at a call center 6) What did you do at last position 7) If we called your last manager what would he/she say about you? 8) During your last review what was something that you needed to work on? 9) What is something about working in a call center that is frustrating? 10)Which position do you like better customer service or sales? Then they asked if you had to work a mid-shift like 11-7 would I be able to do that as well as work weekends. Then they stepped outside for a few minutes to discuss the interview, came back and offered me contingent offer based upon if I pass the drug test that I had to take same day and background check. There hours were yet to be determined which is probably why they asked if you can work at anytime and they also have shift bids like most CC's.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, all of it is based on your research on the company and position and prior work experience.   View Answers (2)
    There were no negotiation phase, it was a set amount on the contingent form that was already typed out but great hourly pay for a call center.

Field Service Technician (Vending, Fountain) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in June 2014.

applied because I saw the ad. talked to a friendly recruiter over the phone and then was interviewed in person locally. recruiter work with me and coke to try to jump up there. And possibly include sign on bonus

Interview Questions

had a higher paying job offer elsewhere

Logistics Operator I Interview

I called once a week for 3 weeks before I got a answer back for my job, when i did i was told to come in, he showed me around the warehouse and then asked me a few basic questions then asked if this was something i was interested in doing.

Delivery Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in February 2014.

Upon arrival i was greeted by one of the interviewers, and proceeded to the interview room. Interview was very prompt. Interviewers explained the position, and asked me about myself, and i explained my background, and stated why i chose to apply for this position. Very courteous, and helpful about exlapining the expectations.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Basic situational interview..."Give me an example when,,,)
    3 person panel.

They had a range and offered me x amount. I countered with x + 5k and got it.

Route Driver Vending/Vendor Route Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in December 2013.

All the typical, someone calls you go in, they ask all the same questions such as what is your biggest strength, weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you expect to see yourself in the next five years, I was not prepared.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Manager Interview

Panel interview. Typical "what did you do in this situation" interview. Not difficult if you are prepared. Three people took turns asking questions and taking notes. Fairly formal. They did start by telling me about the company, history, current job etc., which was nice. They asked if I had questions at the end, which I did. Did not have time to answer them all because there was another interview scheduled behind me. Felt rushed.

They told me what the job paid. I told them I though it was worth "x" amount more. We settled in the middle.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clayton, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in July 2013.

The interview was fairly standard and seemed inconsequential. I had applied online months before and all but forgotten about it until I was called in for an interview and hired at the end of it. They did require my Social Security card and would not accept a passport (which you need a SS card to get) or other substitute like every other job I've had.

Interview Questions
    • It really seemed like the interview questions were just out of an Interviewing for Dummies handbook or something. The standard questions where they asked about how in my past work experience how I've dealt with difficulties and all that jazz.   View Answer
    No negotiation really at this entry-level position. Corporate-set and not like they couldn't find someone else to do it for the 10.xx/hr plus mileage.

Driver Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated in April 2013.

The interview was one on one with the hiring manager. I was asked the typical questions such as: "Why work at Coca Cola?" "Tell me how you would diffuse a difficult situation." Having previous customer service experience is key. The hiring process is drawn out. There is a medical screen, physical/fitness test, and typical background check.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were not difficult to answer; it was a very laid back interview.   View Answer
    It is a salaried position so you're pretty much inclined to take what is offered.

Worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated? Contribute to the Community!