Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

3.1

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Useless logical test, not related with technical stuff, but much more business oriented maybe, really dont understand the purpose, it cannot be for psycological attitude, because 2 persons that passed the test after 6 months they were fired because they were kind of retarded (real sense of the word). After i had 2 interview technical with 3 different managers, and it was pretty clear they had no clue of what i was talking. They've asked to me is it was fine for me to do suppor in enlgish (it's not my main language) and I said yes till i dont talk with indian or southafrican because i just cannot understand their english. They said that they could understand my point of view, they've hired me, and now the biggest part of my contacts are with south africans and indian, well this is Colgate :D

Interview Questions
    • no really anything was difficult, just that stupid online test with no technical question at all.   Answer Question

Customer Development Interview

Applied via on campus recruiting. Accepted via on campus recruiting.
    Single behavioral interview followed by a phone call signifying my offer.
    Also met interviewers at my school' career fair one month prior and attended their information session.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you worked in a team to accomplish a goal"   View Answer

Oral Care Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Written test and interview. Written test is basic math and logical reasoning and also english. Interview is by the area manager and the HR. Basically they try to test your acumen for the job.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked. they just try to keep us comfortable at all times.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2014.

Very professional interview. Technical and behavioral all in the same day. 45 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions
    • In code, or pseudo-code, of your choice, write any sorting algorithm.   View Answer

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Typical behavioral questions. Asked about skills on resume. So don't lie!

Interview Questions
    • Asked about Excel and how to do a certain thing on there   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in November 2013.

I received a phone interview from HR in October 2013. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. A couple of days after the phone interview I got onsite interview invitation. In onsite interview I met two Corporate Finance managers and one HR manager. The whole interview process was very casual. I got the offer in the next week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in November 2013.

After submitting my CV, I was contacted by phone but I wasn't asked any questions about my experience/qualifications; the recruiter just wanted to invite me to an assessment day which would take place the following week. The entire process took one day, from 9.30 until 18.00. In the morning I had to attend a group interview: everyone had to introduce him/herself first, then we were asked to discuss a business case all together. Later we individually took an English test, a mathematical/logic test and a verbal reasoning test; after this, one by one we were called to another room, where we attended a one-to-one interview with two hiring managers. 8 people out of 12 including me were admitted to the second phase of the assessment day, which took place after lunch. We were brought to a PC room, where everyone was given a business case: each one of us had to work individually, and we all had 1 hour to prepare a PowerPoint presentation in English to explain our solutions. In my case, I had to choose one product between two to launch to the market, explaining my decision and providing data to sustain it. The presentation had to be delivered in presence of 6 managers, who asked questions and clarifications about the presentation plus other general questions.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2013.

Met with recruiter at career fair. Received a call the next week to setup up on-site interview. Went for two rounds of interviewing, first was technical and then behavioral. Each was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • How do you swap two variables in Java without creating temp variable?   Answer Question