Comcast Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.7

CommTech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Applied through monster. 2 weeks later I received a call from a recruiter for an initial phone screening. After i took an assesment which tested for basic math, mechanical skills and portion of it tested how much you pay attention to detail. A week later I got an interview. When i got to the interview site i only had to wait 5 mins before i was in the room with the interviewers. They basically ran through two pages of question. The interview lasted maybe an hour. I was then told that i received the job by another hiring employee.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a position where you had to fill out paperwork?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time at another job where you had to deal with an angry customer? How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    You weren't really about to negotiate. And I advise any prospective interview-ees to emphasize any hands on work you may have done at other jobs.

Software Test Engineer Interview

after getting call from recruiter it took 4 days to set up phone interview.Mostly question related to past experence with example and technical explanation of it.Overall interview was 30 minutes in total.So my suggesting prepare able to give example with technical explanation.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Hiring process slow and not very challenging. Supervisors ask questions from a prepared text. Interviewing for a promotion within the company is even more stupefying. I read in post the company is continually promoting to meet quotas and it was spot on. Supervisors are hired with no background in the department they are about to supervise. It is aggravating beyond words.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was ever posed was "Do you know the difference between a manager and a leader." I guess, since my answer leaned very heavily towards the positive aspects of a leader, they hired a manager. A micro manager. Our managers continually tell us they held the same position as us at one time but no one believes them. If you are looking for advancement in a career and you don't fit a specialized quota, think about getting a job with McDonalds.   View Answer
    There was none. If you get an offer and you aren't working then take the job because it's better than having your house repossessed. Don't expect free cable right away though. Because of Comcast's beauracracy, it will probably take a month before you receive those services.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Hiring team was professional & courteous. Interview times were a bit rigid - if the conversation was running over the allotted time, we had to cut the meeting short so the interviewer could get to their next meeting. The interview process itself was long - it took a few weeks in between speaking with the Recruiter and actually being scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a smaller company, why would I be a better choice than someone with experience with larger organizations?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

You're brought into a stadium of applicants, matched with a supervisor, taken into a cafeteria where you're interviewed at a lunch table surrounded by other applicants conducting their interviews. It was extremely impersonal and somewhat belittling - you feel a bit like cattle.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges do you expect to have here and how do you expect to overcome them?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Met with Comcast through a campus recruiting program. I met with a rep on campus, submitted a resume online and was automatically given an on campus interview 3 weeks later. I interviewed with two people, one from Comcast and one from NBCUniversal. There was only one round of interviews and I heard back about 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What suggestions or ideas do you have for Comcast in the future?   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Simple and straight... Looking for people with sales experience. You have to pass two phases of interview and also a drug and background check to be employed. The first interview is conducted by Hr or Managers and the 2nd is done by the sale supervisors. The supervisors have a strong say on your being employed or not.

non... they make you an offer

Administrative Assistant, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in October 2014.

Received an email 2 weeks after I applied online for the opening at Monmouth junction, NJ from a HR Recruiter stating to fill out a form. On the email she have interview dates, and once she received the forms, she would contact with more details. I filled the form and sent it back within an hour, heard nothing from her, resent same email to confirm she received it the next morning being that the interviews were so short notice, and still did not hear back. I think it was really unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Attached is a form - if you can complete and return I will reach out to you with more details   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Two part interview same day for me, Multiple people arrived at the same time for different areas. Went from a floor supervisor that was available after waiting to a manager to complete the second half of the application.

Representative I, Telesales Interview

The office is laid back the interview process is really easy if you just go in the and have a personality and be yourself then you have nothing to worry about

Interview Questions
    • explain a time where you set a goal and didn't meet it   Answer Question
    • what would you do if someone wants our service but needs some time to think about it   Answer Question
    • explain a situation where you dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question
    Never negotiated but I took the offer because I feel like it is what you make it and I like the idea that you get benefits