Comcast Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2014
Updated 29 Sep 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Two part interview same day for me, Multiple people arrived at the same time for different areas. Went from a floor supervisor that was available after waiting to a manager to complete the second half of the application.

Tech I Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Applied for the job and around a week later I had a phone interview with the HR Recruiter. Less than a week later I was scheduled to meet with some of the direct supervisors at the job site. During the interview they asked about my technical skills and then some of the basic scenario questions. I interviewed with two supervisors at the same time. It was pretty laid back and they were nice. A few days later I received an offer letter contingent on drug test and background check. Nearly two months later I began training.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: Tell me about a time when you had to ..... and how you deal with difficult coworkers and customers.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. The starting salary is very low in my opinion. But then again maybe I am just over-qualified.

Inbound Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast.

Apply online if get call back will be invited to a group interview first usually. Then they pick who they like to have a one on one interview. You will likely find out if you have the job that same day normally. If so they may even send you right after to take your drug screen. Then you will get a call in a week or so telling you you are officially able to start one of their training classes. Mine didn't start for almost 2 months out from the date they hired me. I did get pushed up because I called them back and they had an earlier opening. They want you to show that you are articulate, can relate to people, can understand and follow a sales process. Dress very nice so you stick out from the crowd. You will also be told to sell them something in front of a group of people so don't be shy. They liked my originality because I pretended to be calling them and selling them puppies sight unseen over the phone, but they bought one, and instead of ending the call I asked who else in their family or friend could benefit from the love and affection of a furry cute friend. They liked that I understood the concept of upselling, and getting referrals. Be creative, be original, and be direct and ask for the sale in your mock sales interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'm sure there were others but for me it was "Why do you want this job", because I honestly didn't want this sales job, I wanted to be in their advertising department using my degree but this is what they called me back for and I was using it as an opportunity to get in the door.   View Answer
    No real negotiation, I was desperate for a job so I took their first offer of about $13 an hour plus comission

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

It took awhile for someone from the recruitment team to contact me and then scheduling of interviews were pretty spaced out between the recruiter, manager, Director interviews. Once I went through it, the actual hiring and start dates happened right away.

Interview Questions
    • If you knock on 50 doors and have all of them rejected, most will be rude, what will you do?   View Answer
    Salary was pre-derermined

Comm Tech I Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Submitted my resume Sunday afternoon. Got an Email back later that night. Then got a call from a HR person the next day and did a quick phone screen. Then waited a few days. I was on vacation and got a message on my phone from the manager saying that they want to do an interview. I told them that I was on vacation and they were totally cool with it. Went in for an interview the day after I got back from my vacation. Was there 40 minutes early. Sat in a room for a little bit before two mid aged guys came in. Asked me some questions about my technician experience and customer service experience. I was extremely relaxed and didn't feel pressured during the interview. I was completely honest with every question they asked. After the interview with these two, they went out of the room and talked. I didn't see them after that. I was then walked in by a lady to the Com Tech manager who asked me a few questions. Very simple. Then I was told I would hear something from them soon. I waited about a week when I got a call from an HR person saying that they wanted to hire me! I denied the offer because it wasn't the right job for me. $15.00/HR plus full benefits. Free cable. Etc. It was definitely a great opportunity. Not to mention, I did this when I was 18.

Interview Questions

Not the right job for me

Security Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comcast in September 2014.

One HR and second round is technical. HR round is easy but the technical round with the Comcast is weird. The guy is so mean and he won't ask the question which is related to job.

Interview Questions
    • It was off the topic, I was very surprised to hear the question from the interviewer   View Answer

Comm Tech I Interview

For now, I can only report that I applied online and 2 weeks later; I received a hyperlink to do an assessment online. The assessment initially had a virtual call center where I performed research, documented a customer file, emailed, reviewed faux policies to resolve customer's concerns, selected the appropriated option for the given scenario.

From there, the rest of assessment was selecting the word that best described you; same questions asked in a different ways to check for honesty. No indication was given at the end of the test whether I passed.

I will update this record if I am selected for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • will update as I have not made it to this step of the preocess   View Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

1ST STEP is 1 or 2 phone interviews with a recruiter usually from the corporate HQ office and then a local manager. 2nd will be an in person interview with a sales manager. Typical interview process from there. If you impress the sales manager, you will need to really impress the Director who makes the final decision. From there if they decide to move forward, you will get an official offer letter within a week (or days possibly).

Interview Questions
    • One of the essential elements of any sales job is to be able to think "on your toes" and articulate your thoughts where it convinces the other person to take action. Thoroughly preparation will yield great results every time and just be yourself.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. Their base salary is fixed. Commission all depends on your ability to produce.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

The hiring process was pretty normal. First there was an over the phone interview/screening with HR, I was told then that I would considered and would move forward in the process. I had to take a online assessment which took about 45mins to complete. The assessment was mostly common sense scenarios with a few math(ish) questions. HR emailed me the same day letting me know I passed the assessment and would be scheduled for an interview. A few days later I received an email with a scheduled date and time for my interview. Almost missed the interview as I was away on a cruise and did not get the invite. I came back that Thursday and the interview was Friday 9am...2.5hrs away (the only downside to this process). The interview was a little odd. There were about 12 other candidates there for multiple locations. We were all taken to an orientation like meeting for about 30mins where we learned about Comcast services, open positions and benefits. Once the "orientation" was over we were all escorted to a store like room where we waited to be called. The ironic thing was I was the first person to arrive to the interview, but the last person to be called. The interview went great, it was very relaxed and candid. I felt great about it. 30mins after the interview I received a phone call saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why after being a regional Sales Coach was I interested such an entry level position   Answer Question

CommTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Comcast.

Talk about your experience with electronics customer service and construction. Conflict resolution is a key to this position. If you can also show that you are able to deal with things that don't work correctly that would be a great bonus.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to get ready for this interview today?   View Answer
    none

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!