Comcast Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Hiring process slow and not very challenging. Supervisors ask questions from a prepared text. Interviewing for a promotion within the company is even more stupefying. I read in post the company is continually promoting to meet quotas and it was spot on. Supervisors are hired with no background in the department they are about to supervise. It is aggravating beyond words.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I was ever posed was "Do you know the difference between a manager and a leader." I guess, since my answer leaned very heavily towards the positive aspects of a leader, they hired a manager. A micro manager. Our managers continually tell us they held the same position as us at one time but no one believes them. If you are looking for advancement in a career and you don't fit a specialized quota, think about getting a job with McDonalds.   View Answer
There was none. If you get an offer and you aren't working then take the job because it's better than having your house repossessed. Don't expect free cable right away though. Because of Comcast's beauracracy, it will probably take a month before you receive those services.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast.

Very simple, depends on the person really. Detail oriented, one might not be perfect but they look at room for improvement and various qualities that would allow one to fit within the company culture I think.

Interview Questions
    there is always room for more.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

It was very pleasant, there were 3 people in the interview. One was shadowing to become an HR rep, one to take notes and one to ask questions and facilitate conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What is a conflict that arose at work that you had to solve or how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other job offers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

Exchanged emails, set a time and did a phone interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in April 2013.

The process started with a recruiter calling you about the opportunity available. Next phone call was to set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, they tell you to apply for the job from the website. You are then sent a link to take a skills/personality test. If you pass, the recruiter calls you with a date to do an face to face interview. The interview is usually with two people, supervisor and a manager.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

The easiest way to start the process is to know a sales rep, however Comcast is always hiring for this position. typically a recruiter will contact you first, they explain the job and ask a few basic question such as are you willing to work Saturdays and why do you want to do sales? then you meet with a manager for the local office you are going to work at. its all basic sales questions they want you to sale yourself to them. Also before you meet with the manger you have to take a personality test. you want to sound as if you always take charge and you are able to think quickly on your feet. This job is what you make of it. Comcast will drop you in a sec if you don't make your numbers. there is a lot of freedom with this job so don't abuse it or you will find yourself short of your quota.

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you would do if you were unable to close a sale?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2012.

The management was upbeat but not demanding or stressfull

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work independently in the field?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in March 2012.

Talk to the guy on the phone wanted to set an interview up ASAP. Asked mostly on sales experience and allowed me to ask many questions on the position.

Interview Questions
    • what is your past sales experience?   Answer Question
    • would you be able to go business to business and sell comcast with confidence?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Fast, easy.

simple, straightforward

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in June 2011.

A staffing firm set this up for me and they said I needed to do Comcast's application as a formality. SO the next morning as I am getting ready for the interview I get a rejection from Comcast for the position. I call the agency and she was not really on the ball at all, and just said to still go it must have been a "mix up". I was reluctant to go as it was almost 45 minutes away. I get there 20 minutes early and sat there for almost an hour and when "Mr. Sam" finally came out he just pointed to me and fingered me to come over , no introduction or nothing, I had to ask him for his name, REALLY unprofessional. They then had me do a mock call selling their products, which took like a minute or two. I mean I could have done that from my dang couch. The other girl who was there interviewing with me said that she didn't even study (and I did) and she got the formal interview (she didn't meet with Mr. Sam) and she mentioned that she had friends that worked there and they said it was an extremely stressful job. Guess things happen for a reason.

Interview Questions
    • Customer calls in wanting internet and cable.   View Answer