CommVault Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CommVault in August 2013.

There was a minimum cut-off that the candidates had to clear for being eligible to participate in the placement process. There was an online test which involved mainly c programming snippets on the concepts of data structures, Algorithms involving a lot of pointers understanding.After that there was a long 4 hour C++ programming involving real-life problems.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was involving Approximation techniques used in Mathematics like Bisection method for finding roots of polynomials.   Answer Question

Associate Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CommVault in August 2012.

The Campus interview process went as follows:
    1. MCQ round which basically asked around 50 questions mainly based on C, C++(for development, for testing it was more on linux) and the main topic was pointers.
    2.Those shortlisted here were called the next morning for the coding round(for developers, for testers I am not sure). Here we were given a few protoypes for the functions for memory management. The main aim was to design and implement successfully with all test cases these functions for which the conditions were mentioned in the question.
    This round lasted for around 5 hours and in the end those for which all the test cases worked fine were called in for the interview round.
    3. The first and secound rounds of interview were technical and were not that tough as the coding round was the main hurdle and so the interviews were good but not very challenging.
    4. The last round was the HR round and was short and to the point.
    In the end they selected 3 from around 350 candidates for the post.

Interview Questions
    • The coding round with the memory management question was quite tricky and was really a test of patience and skills in pointer.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in January 2012.

Initially there was a technical written test where one descriptive question on linked list and 45 MCQs were asked. I was in the 5 shortlisted students among 120 students. Then there were three interview rounds. The 1st round is a technical round where technical questions on C , Data structures, Networking were asked. The 2nd round is a puzzle round in which a puzzle was given which is to be solved ASAP. I took 20 minutes to solve it. 3rd round is again technical round on pointers concept in C and some other basics of C. Totally it was 3.5 hrs interview. I felt extremely happy after receiving the offer. The staff was very good at all technical concepts and were very professional. Actually their way of interview made me focus instead of worrying and being tension about the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A question on structures with networking concept included.   Answer Question
    • Puzzle was about finding a poisoned bottle among 13 bottles using 4 Lab rats.   View Answer
    As it is a on campus placements it is a fixed amount.

Very Interactive Interview ,Interviewers always tried to check intelligence

Associate Member Technical Staff - Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in October 2011.

Recruitment was on-campus. We had
    1. Written test with MCQ which had negative marking and most of the questions were C++ and OS.
    2. First round of interview on C/C++ , Operating Systems, UNIX (because I have chosen) and Computer Networks. Company needs very few Java programmers So Java wouldnot help.
    3.Second round of Interview was full of hands-on programming 3 questions were asked and I solved all of them.
    Formal HR round was there but If you're through it's just a formality.
    Technical interviews took 4 hours to complete (including both rounds)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CommVault in July 2010.

I got a call through the consultant. Had 2 telephonic interviews one from Hyderabad and one from US. Both were not very difficult. Then called for 1:1. There I had to take a test where I needed to code provided with the System.

Interview Questions
    • This one is from Java Swings. Write a program to display a table with a large size of data from an backed data source. consider pagination and indexing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CommVault in June 2010.

The first part of the interview was a lengthy written test which I have to give even with 5 years of Development experience. Many of my friends wan't able to clear the written test, but I cleared it.

The next portion is debugging test where you have to go to there office, and debug a program in 3 hours and fix it. Initially it will not even be at compilation stage.

I went through the whole process but the main bug I didn't fixed. And I made a fix at wrong place, so the bug is gone and was not reproducible. Even the person who was observing my system, got confused.

Later on he did a stress test on the system, and then the bug was reproduced but I ran out of time.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CommVault in January 2010.

Someone from Management shortlisted me after telephonic round for an one to one technical round. Atleast they should have some sort of respect after going through my Resume with Exp of 8 years in Enterprise Support working with one of Backup/Restore Gaints in the Market.

I don't understand the person who took my interview is not that much technical but he informed that he is technical specialist. he don't even know how exacts differential and incremental backups works in Sql..

After my technical round, i was into one more management round.... i met some other guy who is OPS MAN kind of position. His skills can be used in Grocery Shop not in Co-operate market.

They literally giving me peanuts ...... after wasting my time for three hours .. that is the fact...

Now i came to know it is more over into Call - Center not Enterprise Environment.

No scope to grow inside the company and market for this product is too narrowed in India.....

No competitor for EMC, Veritas ..... in Brand or in Professionalism.....

Guys Better luck .... don't waste your time for peanuts .....

Just for Peanuts ..... and Call center...