Compass Group Interview Questions

2.6

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group in August 2012.

I applied for the post online and was emailed back inviting me to attend one of their interview days (this was in 2012). The interview was fairly informal and was focussed around you as a person and them just getting to know if you'd work well in their work environment. They asked if I had previous experience in retail and if I worked well in a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an informal interview, none of the questions were taxing.   Answer Question

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Group in September 2011.

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with HR Manager, interview with HR Director, Interview with Managing Director & HR Director, job offer

Negotiate to what you believe you are worth

Food Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Group.

I applied online via the compass group website outside of their normal recruitment time, which at the time only had the Chef job available. I didn't hear back until they were actually recruiting. I received an email which specified a time and date for interview. The interviews themselves were very quick to accommodate for a large amount of people to be processed.

The interview itself was straight forward. Basic questions relating to the job, working on a team, relevant past experience, cooking, and education were asked.

A few days after the interview I received an email inviting me to the instruction day. I don't remember if I was told what my job would be, since I was not suitable for the Chef job. I did the general training, and not the food prep training, even though that was where I was put when I actually started working. Adjusting was not very difficult, however and the job was doable.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group.

Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group in April 2014.

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Patient Flow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Compass Group in April 2013.

Interviewed with the VP at TouchPoint (sub company of Compass). I personally was ready for the interview as I prepared myself. I did the best I could with my resume and research the company I thought I was applying to. I found out mid-interview when the VP asked me what I could tell him about the company, that I was interviewing with the wrong company. The VP asked me if I wanted to continue with the interview as he thought there would be a position I was qualified for or if I would like to leave. I chose to stay, partly because I was frozen in terror, but I'm glad I did. It really says a lot that it was handled the way that it was, especially by the VP.

Interview Questions
    • I was given five minutes to explain a procedure, any procedure and afterward he could ask me any questions.   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, there was no need to negotiate.

Resident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group in February 2013.

HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question
    Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Administration Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group.

Apply online and contact from Site Level Management

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just be prepared for duplicate forms filling process and waiting   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group in November 2011.

Work culture is somewhat unstructured. Interview was with senior management, short and mostly related to skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Need knowledge of marketing, foodservice trends, and graphic design skill.   Answer Question

Hospitality In the Mining Industry Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group in July 2010.

Inital communications was via email, sending cv then selected to go to HQ for a group session, presentation/information about the company, a small maths test and finally the 1:1 interview. The person interviewing me didn't even wait for my answers, was rude, took notes that looked impossible to read. I realised that there were a few people in line to be interviewed but there were at least 5 or 6 interviewers for about 30 applicants so no big deal as far as time etc.
    Looked like a farily smooth operation except this is a recruitment company and with an interviewer like this a really bad representation of the company. In hindsight I should have waited for another interviewer.
    The recruitment supervisor leading the presentation did a great job and was very thorough.
    I had travelled a fair way early this morning - about 3 hours - so I was ready to do my best but was rather deflated after such a treatment. Drove back home for another 3 hours thinking about how silly the interview was and how on earth she would be able to work as a recruiter with that attitude.
    Anyway, it's all experience I suppose but I would be very interested to know if there are other people with the same opinion and perhaps what to be aware of during these circumstances. There must be a right or a wrong answer to "why do you think you'd be good for this position?" I replied because I'm a hard worker, a great team player etc etc. So you can't help but think that there is a formula to live up to or maybe it's just about the interviewer and their attitude. This person definitely didn't like the job and should recruit herself to another position that doesn't involve other people.

Interview Questions
    • why do you think you should be chosen for this position?   View Answers (2)
    • what would be the hardest part of working away?   View Answer