Condé Nast

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Sales Executive Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in May 2010.

Interview Details Presentation by Head of Media Sales, then a psychometric test with 20 other applicants followed by an interview. Test was timed (can’t remember exactly how long but I think about half an hour) and the interview lasted only 5 mins! Called back for a second interview which lasted 45 mins - hour. The second interview as a week after the first and was held at the same location.

Interview Question – Asked what I did at primary school! Very odd question and was not expecting that!   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2009.

Interview Details i went in to talk to one of the editors after getting a call and they automatically made an offer. they were really nice and polite. very straight forward

Interview Question – what do you like about fashion?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Interview Question – Do you know how to tweet?   View Answer

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Question – They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Should have tried.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Ad Sales Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Question – Why are you good for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in February 2014.

Interview Details Communication goes through an online registration.It takes awhile for hr to revert back.The process is not convenient as a direct contact from the applicant to the hr would be very convenient.

Interview Question – Do you know about this certain "xyz field" when your major is something else?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Copy Editor Interview

Copy Editor
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in October 2010.

Interview Details Saw ad on craigslist and sent a resume and cover letter to the hiring manager via e-mail in mid-October. I was selected as a short-list candidate a few days after sending the resume and asked to complete an editing test within a few days, turning a poorly written passage into a finished piece suitable for publication. I sent the edited submission by the deadline. The process was delayed several times until I finally learned that I didn't get the job about 3 1/2 weeks later. The delays were frustrating.

Interview Question – The editing test was a challenge because I was required to edit for syntax and style without losing the writer's personality. It's tricky making a judgement call about how much editing is too much or not enough. It would have been helpful to be more familiar with the publication. Although I had read articles from Ars Technica from time to time, it was't something I read regularly. The timing of the test was also tricky because it had to be completed during the week and I had a full-time job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2010.

Interview Details Met three folks. hiring manager and one other manager from marketing and a director. Great people. hiring manager asked technical questions. others were gauging personality and presence of mind

Interview Question – I didnt have any issues with any of the questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Was contacted for a phone interivew. Told to follow up if I didnt hear back by the following Friday. Reached out numerous times via email and was never contacted back.

Digital Sales Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Condé Nast in February 2013.

Interview Details Always good to have an inside contact at the company. Submitting through HR can work but usually takes a much longer time. The interview did not last for more than 30 minutes and 3 people interviewed me.
They started out with taking them through my resume and then asked pretty typical questions like, Why Conde? Why Digital Ad Sales?
Coming from basically no advertising experience they were more interested in my analytical skills.
I heard nothing for over a month after my initial follow up and decided to reach out again and see if they had filled the position and/ or get feedback on my interview. They responded and let me know that they were still interested in me and I got the call from HR about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – They asked what in my background would make me good at digital sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, this is an entry level position so there is only a base salary but you are eligible for overtime.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Condé Nast

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Condé Nast interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Condé Nast employees and interview candidates.