Condé Nast

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Sales Executive Interview

Media Sales Executive
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in May 2010.

Interview Details Presentation by Head of Media Sales, then a psychometric test with 20 other applicants followed by an interview. Test was timed (can’t remember exactly how long but I think about half an hour) and the interview lasted only 5 mins! Called back for a second interview which lasted 45 mins - hour. The second interview as a week after the first and was held at the same location.

Interview Question – Asked what I did at primary school! Very odd question and was not expecting that!   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2009.

Interview Details i went in to talk to one of the editors after getting a call and they automatically made an offer. they were really nice and polite. very straight forward

Interview Question – what do you like about fashion?   View Answer

Art Assistant Interview

Art Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Question – All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

Interview Details I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Question – I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Question – None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Interview Question – Why do you like to work in teams   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Interview Question – Do you know how to tweet?   View Answer

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Question – They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Should have tried.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Ad Sales Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Question – Why are you good for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!