Condé Nast

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Sales Executive Interview

Media Sales Executive
London, England

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Conde Nast are very old fashioned, I applied for the position, as requested, via mail. I was soon written back to with an offer for an interview, which had to be confirmed over the phone. The interview was in the afternoon, in Vogue House, just off of Oxford st. We made to fill out a phone whilst waiting then taken into a board room (a group of around 11 of us) where we were given a presentation on the company and the role of the Media Sales Executive. We were the given a test to complete (the test wasn't hard, mostly a personality test then a few questions where you had to find the next answer in the sequence along with some questions about yourself). Whilst taking the test we were taken one by one into a side room for the shortest interview on earth. I was ushered into the room, looked up and down (I dressed more business than fashion, hoping to show that I was serious and not just there to live out my The Hills/City/Ugly Betty fantasy but I think that this backfired and the lady lost interest in me) She picked up my application form and CV went as though she had meant to look through it but couldn't be bothered put them down and asked me why I wanted to work for Conde Nast, Where else I had applied to, and where I saw myself career wise in 5 years time ("don't just say a job describe your position"). I am usually good at interviews but was cut off and talked over despite keeping my answers concise. The interview lasted less than two minutes and I was lead back into the room to finish my test. I was rejected in writing. I believe that there would have been another interview the week after, had I been accepted.

Media Sales Executive Interview

Media Sales Executive
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in May 2010.

Interview Details Presentation by Head of Media Sales, then a psychometric test with 20 other applicants followed by an interview. Test was timed (can’t remember exactly how long but I think about half an hour) and the interview lasted only 5 mins! Called back for a second interview which lasted 45 mins - hour. The second interview as a week after the first and was held at the same location.

Interview Question – Asked what I did at primary school! Very odd question and was not expecting that!   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2009.

Interview Details i went in to talk to one of the editors after getting a call and they automatically made an offer. they were really nice and polite. very straight forward

Interview Question – what do you like about fashion?   View Answer

Art Assistant Interview

Art Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Question – All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

Interview Details I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Question – I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Question – None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Interview Question – Why do you like to work in teams   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Interview Question – Do you know how to tweet?   View Answer

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Question – They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Should have tried.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!