Consolidated Graphics
www.cgx.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details Initially was recruited at a career fair. The company was categorized as a media company. Submitted name, email address, and GPA online. Received a call to schedule a Skype interview. Second round, in-person interview included tour of the company, chat with president, chat with LDP manager. Lasted over 4 hours.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you set a goal that you did not meet. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details I learned about the company and program through the university's career fair. I

Interview Question – I didn't get any tough questions during the first round interview. Just lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2014.

Interview Details Thirty minute interview, fairly basic behavioral questions. They fly you out to a plant if you make it past the preliminary interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details Applied through my University website and had an interview a few days later. I was interviewed by two alumni of the University who now work for Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program. Asked simple behavioral questions and were very nice. It was a casual interview. I was asked back for an onsite interview a few days later.

Interview Question – If you could have dinner with any two people alive or dead who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details Apply online and then receive a phone or on campus interview. Once the phone interview is passed you are invited onside to one of the plant locations where you go through a three part interview with current associates in the program and the company president. Since the program recruits from college grads of all majors, most questions are aimed at uncovering your leadership potential.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions: strengths/ weaknesses, short and long term goals, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Hickory, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2013.

Interview Details I initially applied online through my campuses website. A week later I had an interview on campus with the President of their office located in Indianapolis. She was very nice and the interview went great. She said that I was exactly what they are looking for. Three weeks after that I finally heard back saying I was invited to an on-site interview in Hickory, NC. My experience at the interview went well They paid for all my expenses. The president was nice and very casual. I was told I would hear back within a week, but never heard anything until I tried to contact the president and the HR lady several times. Finally I got a denial email by the head HR lady from corporate. My overall experience was pretty good. They are looking for candidates who won't get paid much but will put in a lot of time and hard work.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

Interview Details I was recruited and interviewed at a college job fair, screened for relocation on a 1:1 phone interview, and completed a site visit for a panel interview. I was interviewed mostly by other LDP associates, and spent only 10 minutes with members of management. They read questions off a sheet, and they are mostly all standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work with people that are different from you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation--standard base salary across the board.

Streamwood, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details I first met them at a career fair at my school. Very friendly and encouraging. Then I had a one on one interview. Immediately they told me that I would be receiving an email to schedule an onsite interview. I met with several different people at the onsite interview. Going into it I was concerned because of the reviews online. Also, my degree in school was everything I would be taught while there. Meaning I didn't know if I wanted to "relearn" everything when I just went to school for that. They told me I would fly through it and I was offered a position early on during the day of the onsite interview. 6 or so mini interviews later (with different people) I was finished. Yes they answered all of my questions, but they did stress that this position is for someone willing to relocate. They also told me that the pay is not great, after receiving the offer details, it wasn't that great, but not awful. The people there are friendly, however, I am not so sure that the program is 100% suitable for a lot of people. Many people do quit, it's a different type of job. Great company, great people, but iffy program.

Reason for Declining – At this point in my life, relocation isn't an option.

Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, I got a call for a phone interview the very next day. We didn't have our interview for another three weeks because of Spring Break and I got sick the week after. The interview went really well. He was very nice. We interview on a Monday and that Friday I was told I would get another phone interview. My interview is today...so we'll see how it goes!

Interview Question – Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details On campus recruiting position. Applied through University career website and got offered an on-campus interview. Interviewer was extremely friendly.

Interview Question – Fairly basic, asked about resume, what I knew about LDP, why I chose my University, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Consolidated Graphics

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program Associate interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Consolidated Graphics employees and interview candidates.