Convergys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview Details Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Question – A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

Interview Details They came across as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Interview Question – they asked the standard questions but they weren't very informative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and very annoying

Inside-Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside-Sales Account Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details initial contact from manpower recruitment agency for the first contact. 2 interviews at Convergys, one from the team leader and second one with the operations manager for the inside sales floor. It was a quick process and I received my offer only hours after the second interview. The process involved some negotiation with both the recruiter for a relocation package as well as negotiation with the operations manager for relocation as well as time off for a planned surgery.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe a situation from my previous role where I did not succeed. Describing a problem, the steps i took to overcome and the result of my choices. It was tough to decide what situation to choose that I thought would fit what they were looking for, as well as give a good idea of my abilities and approach to problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a relocation package which consisted of starting at full salary from day 1 instead of the lower starting salary for 3 months.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Cambridge, East of England, England

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Interview Details Quite cool and easy. Nothing extraordinary

Interview Question – What were the most difficult positions you were in when working for your past employer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview Details They will give an interview to anyone and everyone who submits a resume. Unless you're illiterate, you will get hired. Just be polite, lie and say that you have customer service experience, and tell them that you can work nights and weekends.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they asked was to describe your most memorable customer service job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Jacksonville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2011.

Interview Details at first I was on usps project ,took test on website was interviewed by phone and hired , once usps project was lost was offered oppurtunity to train on Directv project with paycut

Interview Question – would you be willing to take pay cut? if you said no then bye bye   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews. They will call you at 11 or 12 but the rounds will start only after 3.
First will be a written test with networking related objective type questions.
Then there will be an one on one operations round.
Finally there will be a VNA test.

Interview Question – Exchange roles, Outlook issues, Migrations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to join immediately. So could not serve the notice periods in previous firm. Got a hike of 50%.

Associate Trainer Interview

Associate Trainer
Wichita, KS (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details I was already an employee and management is usually hired from within. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation about anything I wanted, as long as I was teaching something. Then there was a 15 min question/answer interview portion. There could be a couple of different ways the interview/presentation is done, as a one-on-one or with a panel of people, dependent on availability

Interview Question – The questions were very standard to any other interview I have been in   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary based on the base pay I was making at the time of the offer. I do, however, know others that were not able to negotiate based on the same. The others were promoted several years after I was.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II

Interviewed at Convergys

Interview Details I took 2 tests online then was invited for an interview. After an interview with HR personnel, I met with a supervisor. He asked me several questions about customer service.

Interview Question – Questions were either about past job history or customer service.   Answer Question

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

Interview Details Too good. It was a nice experience that I ever had. I went there from one of my references but Whatever I saw I learnt was good.I would surely prefer my friends to get the job and life of convergys.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!