Convergys

Updated 5 Mar 2015

2.3

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Questions
    • A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

They came across as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Interview Questions
    • they asked the standard questions but they weren't very informative.   Answer Question
    Long and very annoying

Inside-Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

initial contact from manpower recruitment agency for the first contact. 2 interviews at Convergys, one from the team leader and second one with the operations manager for the inside sales floor. It was a quick process and I received my offer only hours after the second interview. The process involved some negotiation with both the recruiter for a relocation package as well as negotiation with the operations manager for relocation as well as time off for a planned surgery.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe a situation from my previous role where I did not succeed. Describing a problem, the steps i took to overcome and the result of my choices. It was tough to decide what situation to choose that I thought would fit what they were looking for, as well as give a good idea of my abilities and approach to problems.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a relocation package which consisted of starting at full salary from day 1 instead of the lower starting salary for 3 months.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Quite cool and easy. Nothing extraordinary

Interview Questions
    • What were the most difficult positions you were in when working for your past employer   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

After the application process, interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interview process was very quick. Interview was a one time multiple manager process. They interviewed and made a decision within a couple days. Didn't drag it out for weeks like other companies.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

They gave me 2 Interviews about simple management processes. not a very hard interview but now I know why they have such a turnover rate when they hire people because they don't treat their employees with respect.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

Extremely detailed. Technical interviews should not be given over the phone but rather in person where the candidate and others can collaborate on the best practices and methods. The hiring manager was the one giving the questions and should of been open to further technical ways to improve the way methods or procedures are met. He was very closed minded with a lot of attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Too many to cover, however, make sure you do your homework on protocols both on the layer 2-3. Lots of technical questions   View Answer

Tech Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

The recruiter called to do a phone interview since this was a work from home position. She gave a brief, and I do mean a very brief, description of the job I would be doing and gave incorrect information to me in regards to certain job metrics that were required to be met. After that quick interview of asking me if I could work from home, which is basically the only requirement to be hired, I was hired. The only tests they did prior to employment was a typing test and you had to perform 3 tests on your computer set up at home.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel like you can work from home every day with little to no contact   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating

Convergys Work From Home Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Very pleasant and enthusiastic woman called to conduct a phone interview with me. She made me feel at ease so I answered the questions almost as if I was talking with a friend. It helped me that I was able to clarify the questions before I answered them so that I could focus on what she really wanted to know. She listened really well because she would acknowledged my response, then summarized her point of the question. It helps to refresh your memory with your past jobs and the ones that you excelled in, why you excelled. And think about how you want to come across about how you deal with management and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Think of time you really excelled at a job. What is it that you think helped you excel or why did so well?   View Answer
    • How would you respond if you were told by your manager to spend less time assisting your coworkers?   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Once I filled out the application online and completed a brief test and internet check I was contacted a couple of days later. On the phone interview, I was asked a couple of questions; they also explained the details of the job that I would be doing. I then set up an interview at their office. Not long after I arrived to the interview I was escorted to a computer room and took a 1 minute typing test. After that I waited to speak with my interviewer and was asked various questions about customer service and problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a professional experience when I had demonstrated excellent customer service by solving a problem for a customer?   Answer Question