Convergys Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.3

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Questions

• A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and courteous, started by asking how I found out about their company. He asked me the basic personal background questions and probed in a little bit about my previous experience from another field (sales).

He then asked me what my long term plans are and what I bring to the company.

The interview was very basic. If you know your English, then it should definitely be a breeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me an offer and I accepted. It was straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in June 2012.

Interview

They came across as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Interview Questions

• they asked the standard questions but they weren't very informative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and very annoying

Inside-Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in August 2011.

Interview

initial contact from manpower recruitment agency for the first contact. 2 interviews at Convergys, one from the team leader and second one with the operations manager for the inside sales floor. It was a quick process and I received my offer only hours after the second interview. The process involved some negotiation with both the recruiter for a relocation package as well as negotiation with the operations manager for relocation as well as time off for a planned surgery.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation from my previous role where I did not succeed. Describing a problem, the steps i took to overcome and the result of my choices. It was tough to decide what situation to choose that I thought would fit what they were looking for, as well as give a good idea of my abilities and approach to problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a relocation package which consisted of starting at full salary from day 1 instead of the lower starting salary for 3 months.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Cambridge, East of England, England) in November 2008.

Interview

Quite cool and easy. Nothing extraordinary

Interview Questions

• What were the most difficult positions you were in when working for your past employer   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Orem, UT (US)).

Interview

Apply online then come in for a face-to-face interview, usually with 2 people. They interview is not difficult or long but they like to think they are selective ... they are not. Basically as long as you have a heart beat, can speak in complete sentences and are not stoned at the time of the interview they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation phase, you either accept their offer or you don't

ACE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Very short and simple. Theres loads of information they don't tell you about actual job like attendance and mandatory overtime and tricky compensation. The recruiter makes it seem like a breeze and when you actually get into the job, you find out the reality of commission at end of month long training. By that time its too late to back out. Typical day scenario- Customer calls in to lower bill, they have all movie channels on their lineup but can't afford them. You look for discounts for them but none are avail.It comes down to them just not being able to afford them and not being home enough to use them anyways. The movie channels ALONE are 50 dollars. Overtime you remove a movie channel, its a dollar each. You take over a 100 calls a day and every other call is this way. There are 4 main movie channels: HBO STARZ SHOWTIME AND CINEMAX. Each call is 4 bucks out of YOUR commission because customer can't afford them and you need to remove them. DO THE MATH AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOB.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Typing test, short test on some general technology, then the interview.
    This was the worst interview I have ever done in my life! They asked the most ridiculous questions so that by the time I got to anything meaningful I could no longer think and my mind went blank. What made it difficult was the wording of the questions. It was like each question was missing the actual point of the question. I want a redo. I was so excited to get this interview. I prepared for it for hours. By the end of it I was disappointed and confused. How did an interview I should have landed on the spot go so wrong... It's not the fact that I didn't get the job I can handle that. But the fact that makes me feel like I was set up to fail was that anytime I wanted to talk about what clients have said to me in the past or

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

It was long had to take two tests they were easy some questions had nothing to do with the job. The test was long you had to past with a 70. I had to do a mock call it was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was not negotiable because I had no experience.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

After the application process, interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interview process was very quick. Interview was a one time multiple manager process. They interviewed and made a decision within a couple days. Didn't drag it out for weeks like other companies.