Convergys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview Details Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Question – A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

Interview Details They came across as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Interview Question – they asked the standard questions but they weren't very informative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and very annoying

Inside-Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside-Sales Account Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details initial contact from manpower recruitment agency for the first contact. 2 interviews at Convergys, one from the team leader and second one with the operations manager for the inside sales floor. It was a quick process and I received my offer only hours after the second interview. The process involved some negotiation with both the recruiter for a relocation package as well as negotiation with the operations manager for relocation as well as time off for a planned surgery.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe a situation from my previous role where I did not succeed. Describing a problem, the steps i took to overcome and the result of my choices. It was tough to decide what situation to choose that I thought would fit what they were looking for, as well as give a good idea of my abilities and approach to problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a relocation package which consisted of starting at full salary from day 1 instead of the lower starting salary for 3 months.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Cambridge, East of England, England

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Interview Details Quite cool and easy. Nothing extraordinary

Interview Question – What were the most difficult positions you were in when working for your past employer   Answer Question

Email Support Agent Interview

Email Support Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview into a group of three, each of us was asked to describe about our Education. Second was asked to tell a story about a picture we picked. Then after passing the initial stage we were given IQ test and computer skills test. Then after passing the exams you are set for the final interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to relate all my answers based on my actual experience identifying the Action, Solution and Outcome.. The difficult part is to answer a subjective question from your actual experience which Administration/Executive assistance from my side and relating it to the question being asked which are mostly relating to Sales. It's not easy to connect to such, so it took me awhile to organize my thoughts before answering...but during the course of interview, i was interrupted many times by the interviewer, that i need to answer faster and that i need to be brief in my answers. The fact remains, it's not easy to connect administration experience to sales experience with consideration to it's actions, solution and outcome.   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

Interview Details My first encounter with this company was through a job fair. My resume was given and from that no contact was made for weeks. I went online and applied for the customer care position. There were many questions and online forms to fill out during the application process. Immediately after the innitial application was submitted I received an automated email notifying me of walk-in interviews being conducted on a specific day. I went to the interview and spoke with the first admissions rep who asked me about myself and if I worked there before. After that, more online forms for the company were filled out while there, and an exam was given to test my knowledge of computers. After my scores were tallied, I had yet another rep I spoke too who then proceeded to tell me more about the position and the hours and company requirements. The whole process took about 4 hours, so definitely eat before hand and show up early. Interview times may vary but that was mine. At the end I was told which training class I was in and what date it started class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on pay or shift time; however, once hired and passed the training phase, you can bid on open shifts to change your hours (based off your call stats) and the potential to earn raises are plenty. Just showing up to work on time every schedualed day for 6 months gives you a raise. So your career is litterally in your hands and have the potential of making 13.00 an hour max plus bonuses.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2012.

Interview Details The process was pretty simple. You feel out the application online after answering a series of questions to build your profile on their website and preference choices. When selected, then you took a couple of test like typing speed, speech quality as well as knowledge in basic window programs. From there once everything has passed as well as your computer that you will be using passes all of their checks. You should receive an email to set up for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – none that I dealt with   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Laredo, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Question – Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview Details They will give an interview to anyone and everyone who submits a resume. Unless you're illiterate, you will get hired. Just be polite, lie and say that you have customer service experience, and tell them that you can work nights and weekends.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they asked was to describe your most memorable customer service job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Jacksonville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2011.

Interview Details at first I was on usps project ,took test on website was interviewed by phone and hired , once usps project was lost was offered oppurtunity to train on Directv project with paycut

Interview Question – would you be willing to take pay cut? if you said no then bye bye   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!