Convergys Interview Questions & Reviews

332 interviews

2.3

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Questions
    • A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

They came across as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

Interview Questions
    • they asked the standard questions but they weren't very informative.   Answer Question
    Long and very annoying

Inside-Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

initial contact from manpower recruitment agency for the first contact. 2 interviews at Convergys, one from the team leader and second one with the operations manager for the inside sales floor. It was a quick process and I received my offer only hours after the second interview. The process involved some negotiation with both the recruiter for a relocation package as well as negotiation with the operations manager for relocation as well as time off for a planned surgery.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe a situation from my previous role where I did not succeed. Describing a problem, the steps i took to overcome and the result of my choices. It was tough to decide what situation to choose that I thought would fit what they were looking for, as well as give a good idea of my abilities and approach to problems.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a relocation package which consisted of starting at full salary from day 1 instead of the lower starting salary for 3 months.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, East of England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Quite cool and easy. Nothing extraordinary

Interview Questions
    • What were the most difficult positions you were in when working for your past employer   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

It was mainly a few basic internet knowledge questions, and about if my equipment could passed the tests to run their software. I do not remember which questions she asked, sorry. I was time efficient, didn't take long or interfere with anything else i had to do that day. I had little running around over those few days and had to reschedule, so they were flexible and never denied my a job offer or chance to interview.

Email Support Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

Initial interview into a group of three, each of us was asked to describe about our Education. Second was asked to tell a story about a picture we picked. Then after passing the initial stage we were given IQ test and computer skills test. Then after passing the exams you are set for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to relate all my answers based on my actual experience identifying the Action, Solution and Outcome.. The difficult part is to answer a subjective question from your actual experience which Administration/Executive assistance from my side and relating it to the question being asked which are mostly relating to Sales. It's not easy to connect to such, so it took me awhile to organize my thoughts before answering...but during the course of interview, i was interrupted many times by the interviewer, that i need to answer faster and that i need to be brief in my answers. The fact remains, it's not easy to connect administration experience to sales experience with consideration to it's actions, solution and outcome.   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

My first encounter with this company was through a job fair. My resume was given and from that no contact was made for weeks. I went online and applied for the customer care position. There were many questions and online forms to fill out during the application process. Immediately after the innitial application was submitted I received an automated email notifying me of walk-in interviews being conducted on a specific day. I went to the interview and spoke with the first admissions rep who asked me about myself and if I worked there before. After that, more online forms for the company were filled out while there, and an exam was given to test my knowledge of computers. After my scores were tallied, I had yet another rep I spoke too who then proceeded to tell me more about the position and the hours and company requirements. The whole process took about 4 hours, so definitely eat before hand and show up early. Interview times may vary but that was mine. At the end I was told which training class I was in and what date it started class.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation on pay or shift time; however, once hired and passed the training phase, you can bid on open shifts to change your hours (based off your call stats) and the potential to earn raises are plenty. Just showing up to work on time every schedualed day for 6 months gives you a raise. So your career is litterally in your hands and have the potential of making 13.00 an hour max plus bonuses.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2012.

The process was pretty simple. You feel out the application online after answering a series of questions to build your profile on their website and preference choices. When selected, then you took a couple of test like typing speed, speech quality as well as knowledge in basic window programs. From there once everything has passed as well as your computer that you will be using passes all of their checks. You should receive an email to set up for a one on one interview.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laredo, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Questions
    • Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Call Center Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

They will give an interview to anyone and everyone who submits a resume. Unless you're illiterate, you will get hired. Just be polite, lie and say that you have customer service experience, and tell them that you can work nights and weekends.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they asked was to describe your most memorable customer service job.   Answer Question

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!