Costco Wholesale

246 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Assistant Interview

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details Atleast four interview sequences were required.

Interview Question – How do you deal with adversity?   Answer Question

Cart Pushers Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details Was called 2 weeks after I applied to come in for an interview, then was called in a week later for 3rd interview, then was offered position, and was given drug test, and had too wait three days for background check to clear

Interview Question – Explain a time when you made a mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Took about a month to get an interview. 1st interview took about 10-15 minutes by two of the supervisors and if they like you they'll get a second interview with a higher manager. Got a call within 2 weeks I got the job.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Stocker Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Question – None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   View Answer

Seasonal Front End/Bakery Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details Cattle call. Managers read questions straight from a piece of paper, did not seem as if they knew what they were doing at all. There were three stages. First 2 managers interviewed me reading the questions off the paper. Really just one did the interviewing. I've no idea why the other was there as she just sat and nodded. 2nd step was a one on one with someone who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. He came across as rather slick though, like a stereotypical used car salesman. It's unfortunate because I had been a Costco member for over a year, but my work experience there really was a bad time. I am sure many locations may not be the same, but while the promote from within policy has benefits, it also breeds ineptitude and closed minded incompetency.

Interview Question – Nothing they asked was difficult. It was very basic and not too inquiring.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Stocker Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details after getting out of the U.S. Navy i was shopping at Costco when i saw an employee wearing a navy hat, after talking to him for a few minutes and saying i had just got out he asked if i was working any where when I said no he suggested i put in a application and said i could use him as a reference so I did. I got an interview a few days later it went very well i was only looking for a part tim e job while i went to school but I stayed here now for 18 years

Interview Question – the most unexpected question i felt was when asked if i had a preference for what shift I wanted to work   View Answer

Major Sales Associate Interview

Roseville, MI (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview Details Went in. Randomly talked to the store director. Told him I was in college for Computer Information Science. They wanted to a tech for their electronic sales dept. They gave filled me an application. I filled it out. They called me and told me to come in the next day for orientation.

DIRECTV Sales Representative Interview

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied through Monster.com, and later received a call that day asking me if I was available for an interview. After scheduling the interview I arrived at one of the satellite offices, completed my interview with the branch manager and then was invited to a 2nd round phone interview to cover more topics. Obviously that went great and I was offered a full time position.

Interview Question – Hardest question was "What made you apply for this job?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale interview questions and advice. All 246 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees and interview candidates.