Costco Wholesale

2.6

Unilever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2012.

apply online then they make you take online test and once you pass that you will have to undergo different interviews. then you get called in to an assessment centre and then once you pass that you move on to getting the offer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
    • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Waited 15 mins to be interviewed. Asked the typical questions and if was a pretty easy interview. There were 2 people interviewing me, one writing down and the other asking questions. They seemed to like me because they asked me to come in for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview didn't go as good and it seemed like the person interviewing me didn't want to be there. 2nd interview was short and I knew I didn't get the job by the way he was acting. An hour later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. I feel I would of gotten in if someone else interviewed me the 2nd time but its okay I'll keep trying!

Food Court Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in for an interview 2 days after I applied. I was interviewed by just the food court manager. Most of the questions were "Name a time where...and what did you do to fix it." My interview was fairly informal, but I was a little nervous. After that interview was over, I had a second interview with the assistant manager maybe 20 minutes later. He asked 3-5 easy questions, explained the whole seasonal job process(everyone gets laid off, but some may get rehired afterward) and liked what I said during the interview. The interview with the assistant manager was a little more intimidating, but I pulled through it. I took a drug test, then filled out a couple forms and was on my way. I got a call about my background check 2 days later and met for orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were your standard "Name a time..." questions. Be prepared to have examples from your experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, everyone starts out at $11.50

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I got called in for an interview about a week after my resume was sent in. I did wear business casual - it's important to look presentable even though it is only a warehouse position! Like everyone said, the 'first' interview is with two people - one asks the questions and the other writes on a notepad - and is considered to be two interviews. They asked a lot of situational questions where you have to draw form previous experiences - a time when you had to do more than one activity; a time when you had to react in an urgent situation; how you adapt to unexpected changes to your schedule etc. If you prepare for these types of questions, you'll be fine!

The second interview was a lot more casual and relaxed. I was told to read through the job dictionary; did a small activity where i just had to show her how I carried load (she looked at my posture and all).

Later that day, they called up my references and called me to tell me I got the job.

Membership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Apply on-line with all relevant background, experience, and honest answers to battery of questions. If you're lucky, you'll get a prompt call back if positions are available (August/September best to apply for "seasonal" hiring which starts early October.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult however, know as much as you can about the company, it's values, it's successes, Mission Statement, goals for the future, challenges and how you can be an immediate contributor.   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and waited two weeks. then called the following two Mondays. Both times I left my name and number with whoever answered the phone. A hour or so after I called the second time I received a call for an interview for the position of bakery wrapper for that Wednesday. When I got there a guy at the door told me to sit in the food court near a coffee machine that wasn't there. Lol. After waiting 20 mins I asked a worker if I was sitting in the right area. They told me I was and that the assistant gm was pretty busy. Anywho when she finally came she took me to a small room and I was interviewed by two women one wrote down my answers the other asked the questions off a sheet (this counted as 2 interviews). They asked situational questions about working in a team or disagreements with previous coworkers and how to handle it etc. Afterward one of them told me that she had to give my answers to her boss and that her people would call my people type thing. So at that point I thought I didn't get the job.

So I walked outside to wait for my ride. Moments later the lady that interviewed me told me he boss wanted to interview me because they thought I answered the questions so well. She only asked me two questions : tell me about yourself and whats your availability. Then she said I would need to take a drug test on site and to come back later for that and if I tested negative that they would then do a background check. Monday they called to offer me a position and told me how much I'd make hourly. I accepted and then came in Wednesday for paid 4 hr orientation and I started work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational. Name a time when you had to work in a team. Etc   Answer Question
    No negation the starting rate was great so there was no need

I Interviewed for Seasonal Interview

I was called for an interview, went in spoke with 2 managers they asked a few questions like, how did you prepare for this interview? once i was finished they told me that they would get back to me in a week. I was called the next day for a second interview with the store manager, went in for that interview he repeated again that it was only seasonal and did a drug test they submitted background check. Got called 5 days later for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, what do you have to offer for costco?   View Answer
    No negotiation. .

Food Court Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online and got a response the next day. I was asked what hours I was available. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview was basic questions like "How did I handle a workplace disagreement?". After that interview they called and scheduled a second interview with the district manager. After that interview I had to take a drug test immediately and fill out paper work for a background chech. Got called the next week for the job.

No negotiation.

Membership and Marketing Interview

I was called in by the assistant store manager. He and another manager interviewed me for the position. I then got a call from anothe manager asking me to come in (department I got hired in) after they sent me to do a drug test. They had me come Ina third time to offer me the position (final interview is with the store manager)
    Perks: you can wear jeans!

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate wage. Everyone starts at a specific wage. The more hours you work, the higher you get paid. For example: you get paid 12.50 for the first 1200 hours that you work, after that, you get a 25 cent raise. Then it keeps going up until you top out