Costco Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Interview Details Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2013.

Interview Details Submitted an application online and was contacted the next day. Interviewed with a manager and supervisor first - they asked basic job interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. After that I interviewed with an assistant GM and she told me I was hired and just needed to pass a background/drug test.

Interview Question – Average questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts out at the same hourly rate. I did have the option to choose between two positions - either front end assistant or folding clothes all day long (no thanks).

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Orem, UT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Interview Details everyone who applies for a position will get an interview. If you are not to far away they will want you to come in. There is always 2 people interviewing you. One will ask questions, one will write down responses. Sometimes the interview is in a busy loud space, and can be very distracting.

Interview Question – What changes would you make to this department (without working in the department, or knowing what changes need to be made)   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Interview Details They ask you a lot of ridiculous questions. Examle: what would you do if you saw a man walk in with a long black trech coat?

I said : Say Hello like i would to any customer

THey asked if i would let management know- They obviously were judging this man because he had a trech coat on.

Interview Question – A lot of scenario questions   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details I initially applied online, and heard back right away. Went in for 2 interviews, the first was standard questions and the second a few more with a second manager present and then the job offer. Overall extremely professional and comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Costco asked for a ridiculous amount of personal information, specifically about my existing employer and their benefits. presumably so they could decide if I would accept their offer. Or so they could offer the least possible. No, I'm not interested in working for you!

Interview Question – Please describe your existing vacation, medical and IRA contribution plan.   View Answer

Applied In North Brunswick Nj Interview

Applied In North Brunswick Nj
North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied on 6/22 and got called to interview on 7/3. Talked with 2 people, one asked most of the questions while the other wrote stuff down on a yellow note pad. They said this counted as 2 interviews. The 3rd interview is with the warehouse manager which they usually call you back for but i got lucky and spoke with him the same day and was hired on the spot. After speaking with warehouse manager and getting job offer they bring you into a big office to do a drug test and sign off on a background check. I passed the drug test now waiting on background check to go through.

Interview Question – Questions were all situational questions such as how do you handle a difficult co worker or a difficult customer, how you work under pressure, name a time when you messed up and had to correct it, what do you know about costco. Overall the interview was great. Very nice people that make you feel comfortable. They are fully aware that a job interview is a nerve wracking experience for some people. As long as you are friendly and have a good personality the interview should be a breeze. The interview is to see what kind of person you are.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Meat Department Service Assistant Interview

Meat Department Service Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Applied online. Went in to drop off my resume and to meet a manager asked for the hiring manager got a interview on spot ( I was shocked but always ready) nailed interview with 2 mangers and then gm hired on spot. From what I heard and learned they like people who are professional never call to check on application go in and follow up show your face and make a great impression. Note* this was for seasonal* later when my season was up few months later I went in asked for any available position and got hired full time. Plain and simple relax and have confidence. Good luck everyone!

Interview Question – STAR technique.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fixed.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Independence, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

Interview Details The store manager called for an interview from an application i submitted online. I interviewed with the store manager and the pharmacy manager. They grilled me on a lot of situation questions, what would i do, what did i do etc

Interview Question – How did you handle making a mistake and what did you do to fix it?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Interview Details Long process, takes many weeks, lots of paperwork, several interviews. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I had to follow up many times. The paperwork was lengthy and seemed like I had to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Question – None, all the questions were standard behavior questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!