Costco Wholesale

2.6

Unilever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2012.

apply online then they make you take online test and once you pass that you will have to undergo different interviews. then you get called in to an assessment centre and then once you pass that you move on to getting the offer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation, because it's an entry-level job and they have a set pay scale.

Amy Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and chose any position from the list of available openings. Received a call a week later and went in for the interview with two supervisors. They were very nice, asked standard questions, and explained the pay, benefits, and scheduling procedures. Got called a day later to interview with the warehouse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to share a job and split up duties amongst multiple people.
      Name a time or how would you deal with an angry customer.
      What steps do you take to achieve your goals?
      Do you have any questions for us? (always ask questions bc it shows the employer you're interested in the position. Ask about guaranteed hours, rate of pay, etc.)

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

They asked many questions that were not your typical boring questions. People were friendly with loaded questions. THIS IS A THREE STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. For me they did them the same night. Was done in a pretty laid back manor. BUSINESS CASUAL is dress style. Jeans and polo are what I wore.

Interview Questions
    • Some that I can recall is how have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker, with a customer, and how will your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was no negotiate phase, pay was good but slightly less than what I currently make at my first job. Not so much about the money for me so it didn't matter for me

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
    • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question

Maintenance Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

One phone interview. On in person interview. Was hired sent for a drug screen and started working within that week. You are evaluate on your punctuality and diligent on the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were normal and about previous employment.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online for a new store opening. I got a call to go to a cattle call interview about two weeks later.

The first interview was with two managers. One asked questions, and the other wrote on a clip board. They asked basic interview questions. After that I waited for about 15 min and had a more indepth interview with an assistant store manger.

A few day after that I went in for a drug test and to fill out paper work. About a week later they had orientation classes.

Interview Questions
    • Is there an instance in the past where you feel like you could have made a better decsion, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base pay off a scale.

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in for a typing skills test and immediately interviewed by two upper management consecutively. Shortly after I was contacted to come in and fill out paperwork and take a drug test. I was hired on the condition that my background check come back clean. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about past experiences so have some examples of past work.   Answer Question
    It was a seasonal position so no negotiating.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was interviewed by 2 managers a man and a lady and they both asked me questions. One then the other. It was very quick. I think I was only asked 4 questions. Their faces were very serious and they did not make small talk at all. Once I was done they said ok thank you for your time and that I would receive a email

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer? What did you to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Seasonal Front End Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in for an interview with the head HR person. She interviewed me and then called in the Front End Manager for an additional interview. They both liked me and the interview went smoothly. I stopped back in a week later to touch base and was told by my first interviewer that they had filled all of the positions and I was sitting right at that point where if they needed one more, I would have been hired. A month later, she called me back for another interview because they wanted some back-up people. I interviewed with 2 men, one of which was another Front End Manager. It went very well! 2 weeks went by and i was called for one more interview, tonight. Hopefully this will be it!

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have an experience where a fellow worker didn't do his work? And what did you do?   View Answer