Costco Wholesale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
284 interviews

2.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
    • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Applied online for any position, and sent in resume along with it. I am 19 years old and I needed a new job due to a recent move. I received a call two days after I submitted my applicaton and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I was called to dress nice, of course, and to enter the store through the back door and to head up the stairs to the employee room of which they would call me in. My interview was scheduled and they called me in about thirty minutes after it was supposed to be.

I sat down with two supervisors and they asked me a long list of questions regarding previous jobs, work habits, as so forth. They also like to ask you questions such as "Name a situation where you had to step up and take action when nobody else could". Not too hard of a question unless you have experienced something like that in the past.

After that interview was done, I was told to come in for a next interview the following Thursday. Thursday I was there for my interview, along with about 20 other people. At this time I started to get nervous. This time, I waited an Entire HOUR and 30 MINS for them to call me in. This time I interviewed with the Assistant General Manager who sat me down and went over most of the same questions, although when I would answer, he would ask me further and further detail.

THEY LIKE WHEN YOU TELL THEM ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

After that interview, I was told that I would be hired after a background check and drug test were administered, and then after that was all clear, I was called back in for orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that Costco is right for you? What makes you special over everyone else who applied?   View Answer

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Online Application and if selected they will scheduled you for an interview interview, if you passmthe first interview the schedule you for second interview if hired and pass a background check and a drug test

Interview Questions
    • Common sense questions about customers   View Answer
    Everyone starts at 11.50

Night Merch Interview

be yourself, dress professional (it matters), try not to brag, act professional, but a large aspect they look for is for genuine intelligent people, and of course be on time for all three interviews

Interview Questions
    • if I ran the company, what would I look for in an employee   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

I had to apply two times (6 months apart) the first time I applied for the meat department, the second time I applied for "any" position, I received a call the next day, for an interview on a seasonal position, starting in October, working in the bakery, four to five days a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was a list of 25 questions, one was, "how did you prepare for this interview"   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Had a first interview with 2 supervisors. at the end of the interview they sent me to a Costco warehouse to be interviewed with the manager. 2weeks after I received a call saying that i'm accepted.

Costco Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Online application followed by a lengthy online personality test. The best time to apply is in late spring and before the holiday season. The cut hours and usually stop hiring after New Year's. Three step interview process, on all the same day. Standard questions like, "explain how you handled a difficult situation in your last job."

Interview Questions
    Salary is non-negotiable. You can request certain days off, but you're at the mercy of your manager and his scheduling needs.

Front End Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2013.

Submitted an application online and was contacted the next day. Interviewed with a manager and supervisor first - they asked basic job interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. After that I interviewed with an assistant GM and she told me I was hired and just needed to pass a background/drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Everyone starts out at the same hourly rate. I did have the option to choose between two positions - either front end assistant or folding clothes all day long (no thanks).

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I initially applied online, and heard back right away. Went in for 2 interviews, the first was standard questions and the second a few more with a second manager present and then the job offer. Overall extremely professional and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

They ask you a lot of ridiculous questions. Examle: what would you do if you saw a man walk in with a long black trech coat?

I said : Say Hello like i would to any customer

THey asked if i would let management know- They obviously were judging this man because he had a trech coat on.

Interview Questions

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!