Costco Wholesale

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Front End Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2014.

I submitted my application then the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview process was very comfortable and nothing too intense. You sit down with two interviewers (managers) one of them writes down while the other asks questions. The same day I had my first two interviews I was called back for a third interview as I was leaving the parking lot. That very same evening I interviewed with the AGM. Within a week I was hired. Dressing professionally really does make you look like you want The Job. It does not matter what position you are applying for, dress to impress! The two gals I interviewed with were great! Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, the process was painless and with the right attitude Costco will be a great place for you!

No negotiation, everyone starts at 11.50

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA (US)

Face to face with head managers. might be intimidating to some. be honest and answer how you would be strong and decisions you made. customer service examples. Explained why Costco was a company i wanted to work for.

Costco Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Online application followed by a lengthy online personality test. The best time to apply is in late spring and before the holiday season. The cut hours and usually stop hiring after New Year's. Three step interview process, on all the same day. Standard questions like, "explain how you handled a difficult situation in your last job."

Interview Questions
    Salary is non-negotiable. You can request certain days off, but you're at the mercy of your manager and his scheduling needs.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I initially applied online, and heard back right away. Went in for 2 interviews, the first was standard questions and the second a few more with a second manager present and then the job offer. Overall extremely professional and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Costco asked for a ridiculous amount of personal information, specifically about my existing employer and their benefits. presumably so they could decide if I would accept their offer. Or so they could offer the least possible. No, I'm not interested in working for you!

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your existing vacation, medical and IRA contribution plan.   View Answer

Applied In North Brunswick Nj Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Applied on 6/22 and got called to interview on 7/3. Talked with 2 people, one asked most of the questions while the other wrote stuff down on a yellow note pad. They said this counted as 2 interviews. The 3rd interview is with the warehouse manager which they usually call you back for but i got lucky and spoke with him the same day and was hired on the spot. After speaking with warehouse manager and getting job offer they bring you into a big office to do a drug test and sign off on a background check. I passed the drug test now waiting on background check to go through.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all situational questions such as how do you handle a difficult co worker or a difficult customer, how you work under pressure, name a time when you messed up and had to correct it, what do you know about costco. Overall the interview was great. Very nice people that make you feel comfortable. They are fully aware that a job interview is a nerve wracking experience for some people. As long as you are friendly and have a good personality the interview should be a breeze. The interview is to see what kind of person you are.   Answer Question

Meat Department Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online. Went in to drop off my resume and to meet a manager asked for the hiring manager got a interview on spot ( I was shocked but always ready) nailed interview with 2 mangers and then gm hired on spot. From what I heard and learned they like people who are professional never call to check on application go in and follow up show your face and make a great impression. Note* this was for seasonal* later when my season was up few months later I went in asked for any available position and got hired full time. Plain and simple relax and have confidence. Good luck everyone!

Fixed.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

everyone who applies for a position will get an interview. If you are not to far away they will want you to come in. There is always 2 people interviewing you. One will ask questions, one will write down responses. Sometimes the interview is in a busy loud space, and can be very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would you make to this department (without working in the department, or knowing what changes need to be made)   View Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

There was an initial phone call to set up the interview, which occurred later that same day. I was interviewed by a front end manager and a produce manager. They were very professional, seemingly reading from a Human Resources script, but that is how Corporate interviews are conducted. I was very impressed with the front end manager; she seemed to really know what to do, how to do things, how to speak to people without sounding phony. The produce manager impressed as a "newbie" to the process so I perceived he may have been in training on how to conduct interviews. Overall, the interview process, which was considered the first and second interview combined, was easy although it did take place at an extremely disgustingly messy table in the food court.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't recall any question being difficult or unexpected. I suppose there could be such issues with someone who does not have much interview experience of this type, meaning very corporate in nature.   Answer Question
    There was really nothing to negotiate at the interview, unless one considers availability as a negotiable point. Even that was relatively benign.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Interview lasted less then 10 minutes, mostly situation questions and they ask a lot about how you work with other people. No surprising question or any thing. The manager who interviewed me said i would get a call back, never heard anything back from them

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to take the blame for something.   Answer Question