Costco Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Major Sales Associate Interview

Major Sales Associate
Roseville, MI (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview Details Went in. Randomly talked to the store director. Told him I was in college for Computer Information Science. They wanted to a tech for their electronic sales dept. They gave filled me an application. I filled it out. They called me and told me to come in the next day for orientation.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details after getting out of the U.S. Navy i was shopping at Costco when i saw an employee wearing a navy hat, after talking to him for a few minutes and saying i had just got out he asked if i was working any where when I said no he suggested i put in a application and said i could use him as a reference so I did. I got an interview a few days later it went very well i was only looking for a part tim e job while i went to school but I stayed here now for 18 years

Interview Question – the most unexpected question i felt was when asked if i had a preference for what shift I wanted to work   View Answer

DirecTv Sales Representative Interview

DirecTv Sales Representative
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied through Monster.com, and later received a call that day asking me if I was available for an interview. After scheduling the interview I arrived at one of the satellite offices, completed my interview with the branch manager and then was invited to a 2nd round phone interview to cover more topics. Obviously that went great and I was offered a full time position.

Interview Question – Hardest question was "What made you apply for this job?"   View Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details Was a pretty easy interview, they just ask you about your work history and make sure you aren't a screw up. They make you take a drug test and you are basically hired.

Interview Question – They will ask you how you get along with others, maybe ask you a question about seeing someone do something illegal, and how you would react.   Answer Question

Service Deli Assistant Interview

Service Deli Assistant
Lone Tree, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview Details Must apply on-line. Interview one - with deli manager and a senior manager. Basic questions. Interview two - with asst. store manager who seemed to be on auto pilot. Not that interested as if he'd say okay since the deli manager already did.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Basic. In the first interview I was asked how I saw my position and my answer: as a problem solver. The managers loved that answer and told me they never thought of it that way ... but that really was what we all were doing: solving problems for our customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered the deli job at the going rate ... period. End of story.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Food Service Assistant
Torrance, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and four days later I was called in for an interview. First interview was with department manager, interview went well basic behavioral questions (what will you do, tell me about a time...etc). I was invited to a second interview with the store manager, it didn't go so well. I was well prepared with the answers to the questions that I thought she was going to ask but all she asked were questions about my degree. I was caught off guard by her questions about my degree. Her facial expressions gave me the NO right there and then.

Interview Question – Questions about my degree.   View Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details I received a call for an interview about 1-2 months after I had dropped off my resume at the warehouse. I was interviewed by both Front End Managers. The interview questions were typical - "Why do you want to work at Costco?" "What makes you qualified for the position?" etc. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was then asked to return in another 2 hours for an interview with the Warehouse Manager. The interview also lasted about 20-30 minutes and the questions asked were very similar to the ones asked during my first interview.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)
La Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details Have an understanding about the company, and be respectful and honest during the interview. My experience was very professional. Questions are through, and they really take the time to understand your work ethic.All questions seemed to deal with how to handle members and merchandise. Always remember "Member is the most important" if you can go the extra mile every time.

Interview Question – Expect any questions about how you can handle situations and team work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Coon Rapids, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2011.

Interview Details I applied in April and got a call 3 weeks later
the interview itself is standard questions. It is kind of difficult to answer sometimes They have a standard set of questions they ask everyone. You will not always get a call if you apply. The interview is not super formal, wear some nice clothes, not over the top though.

Interview Question – I always thought the, tell me about yourself, is a hard question haha   Answer Question

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

Photo Lab Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details I interviewed at one location and another employee from my company interviewed too. He got the job, but I was invited to interview for a different location. My old boss worked for Costco by then, so I was barely interviewed because my old boss knew my work ethic and experience. They really only asked me if I would be willing to relocate, which was fine with me.
I asked to be able to give two weeks notice at my current job, but was told I was needed immediately. I quit that day, and started at Costco the next day.

Interview Question – Will you be willing to leave your current job with no notice?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation to determine if I would be an assistant or a clerk.
It was decided that I would be an assistant and make 50 cents over the highest paid person in the department.