Cox Communications Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

2.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cable Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   View Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions
    rigid with little room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question
    Fair.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Long and stressful

Manager of Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

I had a phone interview first, which went well. It was followed by two in-person interviews with the CMO and the CEO.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2012.

professional requiter, and interview

Interview Questions
    take it or leave it…they are good though to their employees

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2013.

I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Senior Production Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in September 2009.

Amazed that I was hired with such poor analysis of my skill sets, but I was recommended through employee referral so maybe they didn't feel the need to ask difficult questions.

Unable to negotiate.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!