Cox Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Question – What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Question – What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Interview Question – How can you make a difference?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and stressful

Manager of Marketing Communications Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details I had a phone interview first, which went well. It was followed by two in-person interviews with the CMO and the CEO.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Production Support Specialist Interview

Senior Production Support Specialist
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in September 2009.

Interview Details Amazed that I was hired with such poor analysis of my skill sets, but I was recommended through employee referral so maybe they didn't feel the need to ask difficult questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details HR is a mess. Mostly filled with contractors. Can take a while for them to respond. So following up is a must.
The interviews are nothing special. No challenge with the right experience. Beware though - they have some very smart and experienced people there pretending like they don't know very much.

Interview Question – TCP windowing in detail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Near impossible to negotiate without a competitive offer

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2012.

Interview Details Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for.
Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager.
Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for.
Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Question – Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2011.

Interview Details Came to the Campus and reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining how I would interact with associates.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this experience at Cox?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees and interview candidates.