Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

The hiring process was easy. I filled out an application. The interview process was easy. There was a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I got a call a few days later and I was hired. I had five years experience working at another telecommunications company

Tech Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications.

Went into a lobby with a few other candidates. Typically they have you back for 2 or 3 interviews however, I was moving the following week and made a trip up there for this specifically so the rushed my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you move a file from one area to another on the computer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

I was first contacted by a Talent Acquisition Manager/ HR. I was asked to schedule a phone interview with her for the next day in which I did. Following the phone interview she said she'd email me a link to take assessment tests that are required for the position. She indicated that if passed would I be available for face to face interview four days from then. I indicated that I would be available. I received the email with the assessment link and took the tests. It was made up of Critical Thinking, Math and Behavioral questions. Degree of difficulty depends on you. I passed the tests and was scheduled for interview three days later. It was a panel style interview with 4 people. They asked questions one at o time in the STAR format and it lasted about 30 minutes. Interview went great and was told that they had more interviews throughout the day. I am confident I will get the job offer.... Well, that was a few days ago. I just received an email notification that I will not be proceeding to the next step of the hiring process. I am humbled for sure! I have 10 yrs of customer service and sales experience. Thinking back on the interview I realize now that my S.T.A.R. answers were more of what I would do rather than a specific instance. If you get the interview make sure you give exact specifics of a particular time you handled that situation. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a time where one of your co-workers was doing something at work that was illegal or unethical.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Initial screening interview was by phone by HR in another state. Interviewer could not answer any questions regarding the position other than what was written in the JD, even though she asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview was one behavioral interview question after the other. Rapid fire questions one after the other. There was no questions regarding the context and no follow up on your answers.   Answer Question

Any Interview

They use the Star interview process. Usually a panel of 2 to 3 people. You will have to interview for every position you post for whether you are brand new or have been with the company many years

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty straight forward. They ask situational questions   Answer Question
    They dont negotiate. they have a flat offer.

Supervisor of Commercial Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in August 2014.

I applied online on a Wednesday and was contacted by email on Thursday to set up an phone interview for Friday.

First the Interviewer asked my how my previous experience related to the job description.

Then I was asked 5 STAR interview questions. All of the questions were related to managing staff in difficult situations or motivating staff to work harder.

The phone interview is the first of at least 2 interviews. They said they use this info to determine who will get an in person interview. I am still waiting to see if I will get a 2nd interview. More to follow if I do.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Questions
    I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The setting was informal and calm. As you speak they are continuously writing. The interview was quick and they only asked the what's need.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Filled out the application in April. Got an email like two weeks later informing me that I would receive a link to schedule a video interview. After a couple of days I realized that I didn't receive anything so I contacted the recruiter who advised me that they're hiring a lot of people so it may take some time. After the second month I decided to give up but I then received a call which was a lady who wanted to do a phone interview. After 2 phone interviews and 2 assessments later I received an email about a week later stating that I had passed the assessments and told me to call recruiter. I called the recruiter did a third interview and also set up another phone interview with someone else the next day. I was told that it would be me and two people interviewing me but it wasnt. It was just a man asking me general interview questions. After that interview he informed me that he would be sending a recommendation to the recruiter. Got a call today with job offer...
    Process took about 3 months...

Interview Questions
    • STAR format questions
      Tell me about a time...... Be specific
      Technical Support Questions; if customer called in and said internet was not working properly on laptop what's the first thing you would tell him to do?
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiations

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question