Cox Communications

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.8

Account Services Representative Interview

interviewed at Cox Communications in December 2014.

I applied online, half expecting a "Thank you for your interest" email, but instead, I was contacted by one of the recruiters. She wanted to set up a phone screening, and told me that I could call pretty much whenever I was free. The screening only took about 10 minutes, and afterwards, we set up a face-to-face interview. The interview was your standard "Describe a time when..." The interviewer was nice, and it didn't feel like one of those "cold interviews", when they sit there and write down your answers, not really caring about much else. I was very pleasantly surprised that almost as soon as I got home, I was called by the recruiter and offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There was this part when you had to role-play as if you were on the phone with a customer. The interviewer leaves the room, and gives you about 10 minutes to prepare what you're going to say. You have to solve the customer's issue, as well as sell them an additional product if given the chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an entry-level position.

Customer Retention Representative Interview

They where very nice. We exchanged some jokes. I got the job. They asked scenario questions. I interviewed with two people. I interviewed for a contract position. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. It is a contract position.

Intern Interview

Went online and got a call-lady who internviewed me was very nice. Ask basic questions like what are your goals, etc. I had a music background so was excited to interview with 99jamz. They basically said if hired you'll be assisting vj's and doing radio ride alongs to give prizes to people in community

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2014.

This was through a contract employee finding service that first required their own online bevy of questions and info gathering. After the online forms were completed, I was asked to come in for first interview with the contract agency's rep. This went well and was more personality based rather than skills evaluation. I was scheduled then for second interview with Cox HR reps.

Second interview was with 2 cordial but business focused interviewers. They asked scenario questions based on my previous experience. Again, more personality based and decision making skills rather than technical savvy. This interview went well but they had their poker faces on and it was not obvious how they felt about the interview.

A few days later, I received the call from the contract agency asking me if I would accept the position, to which I accepted the position.

I am excited to start because I have always enjoyed providing quality tech support to my neighbors!

Interview Questions
    • 'Describe a situation where you had to deal with a very angry customer and how did you turn it around?'   View Answer

Universal Home Technician In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2014.

Filled out an applications online and was contacted about a week later. The 3rd party recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful. I could not have gotten hired on without her. She told me about the interview process and what to expect and some other information on what to expect at the interview. I scheduled the interview for two days later. Tip: Wear a full suit and tie with a jacket. I really helped me stand out above the other 7 candidates there with me when I interviewed. The interview was formal but not uncomfortable, the interviewers were the two team leads for the town that I was interviewing to work for. The interview is based on the S/TAR format. Going into the interview knowing what this means is a huge help. They asked me about four or five formal questions then a few of their own. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your priorities were not in the right order and how you learned from that experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation but the starting pay and benefits are great from the start so no need for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The hiring process was easy. I filled out an application. The interview process was easy. There was a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I got a call a few days later and I was hired. I had five years experience working at another telecommunications company

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received.
    One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant.
    Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so.
    One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position.
      "Tell me about a time when..."
      "What are biggest weaknesses?"
      "What would your former coworkers say about you?"

Answer Question
    Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Tech Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications.

Went into a lobby with a few other candidates. Typically they have you back for 2 or 3 interviews however, I was moving the following week and made a trip up there for this specifically so the rushed my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you move a file from one area to another on the computer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

I was first contacted by a Talent Acquisition Manager/ HR. I was asked to schedule a phone interview with her for the next day in which I did. Following the phone interview she said she'd email me a link to take assessment tests that are required for the position. She indicated that if passed would I be available for face to face interview four days from then. I indicated that I would be available. I received the email with the assessment link and took the tests. It was made up of Critical Thinking, Math and Behavioral questions. Degree of difficulty depends on you. I passed the tests and was scheduled for interview three days later. It was a panel style interview with 4 people. They asked questions one at o time in the STAR format and it lasted about 30 minutes. Interview went great and was told that they had more interviews throughout the day. I am confident I will get the job offer.... Well, that was a few days ago. I just received an email notification that I will not be proceeding to the next step of the hiring process. I am humbled for sure! I have 10 yrs of customer service and sales experience. Thinking back on the interview I realize now that my S.T.A.R. answers were more of what I would do rather than a specific instance. If you get the interview make sure you give exact specifics of a particular time you handled that situation. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a time where one of your co-workers was doing something at work that was illegal or unethical.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Initial screening interview was by phone by HR in another state. Interviewer could not answer any questions regarding the position other than what was written in the JD, even though she asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview was one behavioral interview question after the other. Rapid fire questions one after the other. There was no questions regarding the context and no follow up on your answers.   Answer Question