Cox Communications

Average Difficulty
144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Question – How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2013.

Interview Details You fill out an online application. If you know anyone that works there make sure to include their information because they get $500-700. After the initial app you have a phone interview, an interview at the office. You'll then either get an acceptance or rejection letter. Acceptance letter then leads to another phone interview which involves personality tests. Don't slack on this portion! Just because you have the acceptance letter doesn't mean you have the job. Not going to give you advice on the personality tests. After you pass this next phase of phone interview you take the drug test and sign the final paperwork.

Interview Question – They use the STAR method of interviews. Make sure to google it. This is really important to getting the jog. Kind of caught me off guard because I hadn't interviewed in so long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Even though the ad says $12-15 they tell you in the first interview that it's $12 or no job.

Call Center Position Interview

Call Center Position

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was very professional. They accepted your application, called you up for an in person interview, used the 5 star interview process where you are asked a series of questions pertaining to various scenarios and how you would handle various situations. The hiring managers are very professional and passionate for the company. Once they decide you are a fit, the process moves forward to where you are eventually hired.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Question – All questions were standard booklet questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted

Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interview Details Filled out the application in April. Got an email like two weeks later informing me that I would receive a link to schedule a video interview. After a couple of days I realized that I didn't receive anything so I contacted the recruiter who advised me that they're hiring a lot of people so it may take some time. After the second month I decided to give up but I then received a call which was a lady who wanted to do a phone interview. After 2 phone interviews and 2 assessments later I received an email about a week later stating that I had passed the assessments and told me to call recruiter. I called the recruiter did a third interview and also set up another phone interview with someone else the next day. I was told that it would be me and two people interviewing me but it wasnt. It was just a man asking me general interview questions. After that interview he informed me that he would be sending a recommendation to the recruiter. Got a call today with job offer...
Process took about 3 months...

Interview Question – STAR format questions
Tell me about a time...... Be specific
Technical Support Questions; if customer called in and said internet was not working properly on laptop what's the first thing you would tell him to do?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Customer Retention Representative
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The setting was informal and calm. As you speak they are continuously writing. The interview was quick and they only asked the what's need.

Interview Question – Star - interview   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online to sales position around the third week of May and received a response rather quickly by email that I had been selected to move forward with the second phase of the process and have a phone interview. That was conducted on the 23rd of the same month. Next I was notified that I would be moving on again to the next phase which was two online assessment test that I completed and a face to face interview was then scheduled for the 30th of the May. The interview was done in the STAR format which I thought I did rather well at but I guess not as I was not hired! Was told that interviews would be conducted through Friday of the following week which would have ended on the 6th of June. Was also told that I would be contacted by HR Dept if chosen for the position which had a start date of 7-7-14. Well I waited and waited for a call that never came but continued to check my "job page" on the Cox homepage which still to this day shows that my application is "under consideration pending results of interview"!! That was last update was on 6-18-14........The job opening posted again right around the third week of June! Hmmmmmmm! Guess I wasn't what they were looking for! 10 years of sales experience wasn't good enough!

Interview Question – None were really difficult all just standard questions.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Inbound Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Question – Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Cable Engineer Interview

Cable Engineer
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Question – How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   View Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Technology Co-op
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – They asked some technology related questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!