Cracker Barrel

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Meadville, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

Interview Details I had an interview with one of the store managers at a table in the restaurant during a slow period. Very basic interview questions were asked concerning longevity, how I heard about the position, had I been to Cracker Barrel previously, etc. There were customers at other tables in the dining room. I dressed professionally.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do in a difficult situation and how I would handle it. Since I had previous restaurant experience, I was asked how I handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room to negotiate, they told me they would be in touch after the interview. I was called several days later and they informed me of the training days and what uniform I needed to wear.

Very Easy Interview

Lexington, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview was a piece of cake. They made me think I had the job. They told me I would get a callbcallback in a few days. It never came.

Server Interview

West Valley City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2014.

Interview Details One of the 5 managers (supervisors) interviewed me. He asked me various questions. Some of them were weird, like how much money I needed to make a week to pay my bills. Some of them normal, like how many hours I would like to work & what days I would be available to work. Apparently they only hire part-time though at this location. Something came across to me as odd during the interview about how the interviewer was talking & asking questions but couldn't place my finger on it. He was kinda skiddish & liked to talk, like he was reiterating the same points in different ways about the company. Almost like he was trying to make the company sound more desirable to work for then it was.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was if I wanted to come back for a second interview. Apparently there are levels in the interview process. Supervisor level & General Manager level.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty simple. Went in a filled out an application and was given a first interview that day, came back a few days later and was hired on the spot by the General Manager. Training took about 2 weeks to complete, mostly classroom and then floor training with a server trainer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company.   Answer Question

Wrentham, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2013.

Interview Details You fill out an application in the store. The manager comes out to make an introduction, should it not be busy at the time, you will have an interview on the spot. Be prepared. If you pass the first interview, you will be setup with a second interview with the General Manager.

Interview Question – What would your references say your two best qualities are? Your two worst?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cracker Barrel

Interview Details Ver easy interview... they ask about previous experience and how it can contribute to the position you're applying for. They asked what all do you know about the company etc. They really are just looking to see your personality.. so be outgoing and SMILE!

Interview Question – What do you know about the company. Make sure to mention the old country family theme.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Gurnee, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details I kept calling until I got an interview. Just smile and show that you are good with people. I had to get through two interviews where I was asked about experience, how I would handle different situations. I thought it was a rather easy interview compared to others I had been on.

Interview Question – How to handle upset customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Clearly state the hours you can work right away because it's hard to change them.

Cicero, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in March 2009.

Interview Details I interviewed on two different occasions with different managers. I let them know that I needed work, had food service experience, and that I thought that my rapier wit would come in handy when working my section.

Interview Question – Can you work both weekend days, plus Friday?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is what you will be making.
Ok.

Douglasville, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2011.

Interview Details First interview with a store manager, usually on the spot. If they like you, they will then ask you to interview with the employee training coordinator, they'll speak with you briefly about the training process and job requirements. If the etc thinks you can hang, they'll call you in to start training. It's a fairly easy and short ordeal.

Interview Question – How would you handle conflict with a customer or fellow employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, all first time servers start out at $2.13

Interviewed at Cracker Barrel

Interview Details The whole process was rather simple as the restaurant was desperate for employees. I turned in the application and had an interview before I even left the store. Was asked back for a second interview a few days later when I was extended the offer.

Interview Question – All of the questions were based on work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel Server interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees and interview candidates.