Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
16 interviews

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Submitted my application in February and received a called from hiring manager in May to schedule panel interview. Took another 3 weeks to be presented an offer along with an additional 2 weeks to submit drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what qualities you disliked from your previous manager?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Analyst Systems II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions

Intern Interview

The process was standard, I applied for the position and I got an email to set up an interview the next day. The interview was typical, I was interviewed by two HR personnel and a lead. The questions they asked were all based on my resume.

Value Stream Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in February 2012.

Dealt with a recruiter, so I initially was screened through him. After this, I talked with the hiring manager over the phone. After this, an onsite was scheduled. The recruiter stated to get a book about top-grading since this is what the Crane does. I read the book as it discusses the CIDs interview. Book only costs $15 to 20. Buy it, read it, and you'll do well. Be honest with your answers. It is also funny as they do not top grade as much as they say the do. And they do not hire 'A' players.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and/or area of improvement that you need?   View Answer
    Recruiter got me what I wanted after some simple negotiations that you needed to justify.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in October 2013.

Started with a phone interview a few days after applying to the position, fairly straightforward 30 minute call talking about the position and asking me about myself and my experience, was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for the electronics test. There are varying levels of engineering technician at Crane but for Engineering Technician II, the test was about 15 multiple choice questions dealing with basic analog circuit analysis. After this test was taken on campus, it was graded in front of me and then I discussed the test and had what I'd call a "soft interview" with an engineer. He mainly talked about the test with me and went over the ones I had missed, but also discussed the company and my experience briefly, nothing in the form of interview questions however.

There is another step to the interview process which is an on-site interview with the lead Engineering Technician.

Interview Questions
    • On the technical test, there are mainly DC analysis questions which can involve inductors. If you've mainly studied AC analysis lately and deal with only resistors and capacitors in filter configurations like I mainly had, be sure to study up.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Multiple people interview one prospective employee. They are usually on probation for 6 months to prove themselves and can be let go if they do not perform without any liability. However, interviews are good and honest and freedom to given a chance is higher here.

Interview Questions
    • None that comes to my mind. Mostly, why are you leaving your other job?   View Answer
    When I was hired 7+ years ago, there was a good hiring rush. We (several prospects that passed preliminary interviews) were entertained at a dinner and had testimonials from many long standing employees. They asked me if I received any bonuses and I did and they added it to my initial first pay check.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in July 2009.

Submitted resume to hiring manager, there was one phone call with several senior engineers in the room on the other end, was brought in for an interview on site. Then was retained for a year as a contractor before being offered a salaried position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. Mainly about c programming and ways to troubleshoot an embedded system on a lab target.   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in August 2010.

Phone interview, site tour/interview, final interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation, how you handled it, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was my first job

Worked for Crane Aerospace & Electronics? Contribute to the Community!