Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.6

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was made via email and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was more detailed than most and lasted approximately 30 minutes. After about a week, I was invited in for an interview. Interviews we scheduled with all department head and his managers. Everyone was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral interview questions, which I liked, but some of them didn't seem to pertain to a support position.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Moves slowly as there are several layers of interviews. First there is a phone interview with an HR type person, then you will have another phone interview with a manager. Finally, you will have multiple in person interviews with several of the senior managers and partner. I applied online for an open position through the Crowe website. However, I have referred several canidates through our referral program and its generally an easier process if you know someone within the company that can refer you.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you encounterd and how did you soove the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isnt much of a negotiation. The partner calls you with the offer and either you accept or ask for more money. Typically, they do a good job of giving you what they think is fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, thought everyone was passionate about what they do and I thought they did a great job of selling the firm. Most important thing is to be able to explain why you want to work for them as opposed to big 4.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Obtained interview through informational interview with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy Auditing?   1 Answer

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

Business Valuations - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

You will be screened through a phone interview at first. If you are selected for a 2nd round, you will have a 3 hour face to face interview with with various people in the group. You will likely see an MD, Director, Manager & Senior Associate. Most likely you will have 2 or 3 people at a time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate