Crunch Fitness

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Membership Advisor Interview

Membership Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview Details Applied online, got an email invitation for an interview. Greated by the reception staff, asked to wait while having a chat to the friendly and happy staff. Then sat down with the CEO, (first crunch to open in Australia, now it's just the GM's that do the interviews) he asked me a few questions such as What I do when I'm stressed, an example of going above and beyond for customer service and what it means to me. Why I would be a good fit for the job, then had informal conversation about my travels and sporting history.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I recieved another call, this time from the new General Manager, just going over a few more things and saying they would love to have me on board and they have a staff meeting next week that all new employees should attend.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Membership Advisor Interview

Membership Advisor
San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crunch Fitness in November 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Question – Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Crunch Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crunch Fitness Membership Advisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Crunch Fitness employees and interview candidates.