Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 17 Nov 2014

1.9

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

My professor contact me for the internship. He assigned a guy (who is the team member of his lab) to test my skills, and then talk with me for a while, That's the roughly interview process I think.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A hiring manager calls you and asks you if you are interested in the position and he/she gives you the upcoming training schedule and interview date. At the interview appointment you conduct a basic interview and you also take an easy 20-30 minute test just to make sure you know how to use a computer to search for easy-to-find information.

Interview Questions

• This is a very easy interview. Just explain why you are interested in working at 3-1-1 despite having to deal with rude callers and answer other common interview questions. The interview is a cake walk as long as you are not a dummy or psychopath.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a part-time employee your pay is not negotiable and they can easily hire someone else who will accept the position for that pay. What is negotiable is your schedule. You just need to work 18 hours a week (usually three 6-hour shifts) and can pick 15-18 different schedules from a list.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Normally 3 or more interviews with multiple people. Initial interview with HR over the phone, then a group interview with lower level management to review your skills. Final interview is with upper level management. Overall it's an easy process but it can take a long time to get through. Also, familiarize yourself with the CUNY union so you can negotiate salary steps. They will try to low ball you every time.

Technical Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

First, you have a phone interview with the intern manager. Then, you come in for a group orientation and interview where they test your IT knowledge by responding to simple scenarios and questions. Once you've passed the 2 phases of the interview you're called in to the headquarters to fill out your paperwork. As simple as 1,2,3!

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

My interview was very brief - initially I was brought on as a research and communications intern, and the guy who interviewed me (with whom I currently work very closely) mostly wanted to get some more information on my knowledge of the subject, research skills, experience with publishing and editing, and if I had any programming skills. Afterward, I left, and a few days later received an e-mail from him, saying that they would like to bring me on board, and to come back to the office to meet the deputy director and pick up some literature to orient me with the center's mission. I did so, it was great, I filled out a very long employment packet, and because I was an intern they never turned it in (until I later got hired on part-time). The people in my particular center were very helpful insofar as they suggested I seek work study compensation for my efforts. When I was officially hired the process was a little muddled (I had previously been hired as part of another RFCUNY project, which was painless), but the issues were quickly resolved. Since, I have had no issues with being paid or anything that is run directly by RFCUNY and not my specific office.

Interview Questions

• Rather not answer this, because it will identify my particular office, which is not my intention here, as it is irrelevant to the RFCUNY review.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was hired on as an intern, there were no negations. When I came on part-time, I had approached my boss and asked if they could work me into the budget. She called me back a few days later, told me what she had worked out, and I accepted. There was no way I was gonna "negotiate" and possibly decline.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a week or two later was contacted by RFCUNY. She scheduled a 10 minute phone interview with me which consisted of four people asking me one question each. Later that day she called me to let me know I had moved on to an on-site interview. I went in about a week later for a panel interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. There were no curveball questions, only questions about my skill as a researcher. Several days after that, my contact informed me that they wanted me to come back to the office for a writing exercise, which we scheduled for several days later. In the meantime, another person from the office called me to tell me that my original contact no longer worked for the University. That person would have been my supervisor. I still went in to take the writing test, and I also interviewed for about 30 minutes with another person I had not met before. A week after that interview I received a generic auto email telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with each stage of the research process?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview with the PI who already knew me, as I was a student in his class.

Negotiation

There was none. He put the offer on the table, and that was it.

Research Assistant PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

A professional colleague reccomended me for the role and I had a phone interview, which went well and I started the next wk. The management team was a great group and the company does great work. I would make sure that you speak clearly and articulately during the interview and demonstrate your communication skills, attention to detail and how well you work under direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you communicate?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would convince someone to participate in completing the survey instrument, when they are not interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was reasonable for the part-time work and I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

I was led into a room by another administrative assistant and I was interviewed by the Office Manager and the Director of the program. They asked me questions about my previous positions and I went into detail about how I was organized and excelled at multi-tasking. Then they outlined the position. I would be the third of three administrative assistants. I would take care of my own grant and the Office Manager would be there to help me and train me and answer any questions.

IT Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

I uploaded my resume into my school resume database and after one month I was contacted directly by the agency office assistants for a on site interview. on that day I first met with the director of that office and then she sent me to the technical manage who is now my immediate supervisor. the manage asked me to use INFO pass to produce a copy of a form and then the interview is finished. I spent 30 minutes on doing the info pass form. later the offer was coming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. just accept or decline the office. interview is some level comfortable if you know info pass.