D&B Interview Questions

Updated 9 Sep 2014
Updated 9 Sep 2014

2.9

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B.

Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Questions
    • She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question

Debt Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

1 got a call interview, asked few questions like " how much do u know about DNB and the position", got short listed, then gave a date for formal interview
     2 the interview was fun. Did self introduction, and did group marketing sort of actives with other candidates. Then went though call making exercise with other candidates. After that, got a writing assessment. Before we go, also got form of police check and credit check. Forgot mention, also got a one on one formal interview with one of the HR person. The whole process took 3hours.

Interview Questions
    • Practise of call making was a bit unexpected, and but was lot of fun. I missed out some keep point that needed to be mention during the practise, but just hoping they will look away from it, and give me another chance to prove I have got what they want. Anyway, I have not hear from them so far.   View Answer
    I have not hear from them at this point, but I hope they will accept me. Basically, I am still waiting for the "call" from them, fingers cross.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in November 2012.

Dull, boring, like pulling teeth with the recruiter. One word answers, indifferent, couldn't be bothered attitude. Everything and everyone disturbed her.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you in the job market when you already have a job. I responded to this prior.   View Answer

Spring Intern, Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malibu, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in October 2012.

The interview was on site in Malibu and they began with behavioral questions such as tell me something about yourself, have u seen the D&B website, what do u know about D&B, what struck you as exciting in the website, they went over my resume, my projects, my experience. Then they started the technical interview which was based on pair programming. I was with another candidate and both of us together as a team had to answer the questions. The questions were related to core concepts of java: abstract classes intefaces, oop concepts, and database queries. At the end I was allowed to ask some questions....

Interview Questions
    • Questions about database queries and depth of knowledge and technologies in JAVA. They wanted experience with Spring and Hibernate and agile.   Answer Question

Statistical Consultant Interview

The phone interview lasted only about 10 mins. The HR asked some experience based questions. She speaked really fast from the very beginning, and her voice is monotone, giving me the impression that she doesn't really care and just want to finish it quickly.

Project Analyst At D&B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2012.

Applied on a Friday night and received an email on a Saturday morning requesting for a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for 9 am with the interviewer.

Day of the interview, I checked my email an hour before the interview to check for any cancellations and there was none. The interviewer was 2 hours and 5 minutes late and she didn't even call... she emailed. She said "I got busy" and requested to have the interview either later in the day or the following day. I wanted to get it done the same day so I emailed her the same day. The interviewer was 10 minutes LATE to the RE-SCHEDULED time. The interviewer only asked me 4 questions that weren't hard or nothing out of the blue and asked me if i had any questions. I asked like 5 or 6 questions about the position as the interview gave a very brief description.

I had emailed the interviewer 6 days after the interview inquiring about my status for the face-to-face interview. No response. I emailed again about my status 2 days after that. No response.

This morning, 3 days later, I get an automated generic email from D&B HR stating that they are going to pursue other candidates.

I felt that the whole D&B interview experience was completely unprofessional and rather rude. I certainly did not feel wanted nor cared about by D&B.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard as they were generic questions. Only was asked 4 questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B.

Recruiter from Adecco emailed to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for two days later. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Recruiter asked 'tell me about your background', asked where I live. No other questions. Wasn't very friendly and didn't talk much, which seemed odd since she was supposed to be soliciting for the company. She did explain the job, which she seemed to be informed about. Said she would talk to hiring manager. I did receive a script email a few days after interview stating that they had other candidates they were considering, which I was fine with. At least there was a form of communication on status.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background. Where do you live, how far from the office.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer