D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in November 2012.

Interview Details Dull, boring, like pulling teeth with the recruiter. One word answers, indifferent, couldn't be bothered attitude. Everything and everyone disturbed her.

Interview Question – Why are you in the job market when you already have a job. I responded to this prior.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Question – The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Credit Advisor
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B in March 2008.

Interview Details Pre screened with headhunter. Apt. for interview, with team lead, then when done with that interview, sent to another office to interview with another team lead. Notified of offer next day, with training schedule.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Spring Intern, Java Developer Interview

Malibu, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was on site in Malibu and they began with behavioral questions such as tell me something about yourself, have u seen the D&B website, what do u know about D&B, what struck you as exciting in the website, they went over my resume, my projects, my experience. Then they started the technical interview which was based on pair programming. I was with another candidate and both of us together as a team had to answer the questions. The questions were related to core concepts of java: abstract classes intefaces, oop concepts, and database queries. At the end I was allowed to ask some questions....

Interview Question – Questions about database queries and depth of knowledge and technologies in JAVA. They wanted experience with Spring and Hibernate and agile.   Answer Question

National Manager Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

Interview Details First step: HR Call.
Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Question – Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate the salary.
Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Project Analyst At D&B Interview

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2012.

Interview Details Applied on a Friday night and received an email on a Saturday morning requesting for a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for 9 am with the interviewer.

Day of the interview, I checked my email an hour before the interview to check for any cancellations and there was none. The interviewer was 2 hours and 5 minutes late and she didn't even call... she emailed. She said "I got busy" and requested to have the interview either later in the day or the following day. I wanted to get it done the same day so I emailed her the same day. The interviewer was 10 minutes LATE to the RE-SCHEDULED time. The interviewer only asked me 4 questions that weren't hard or nothing out of the blue and asked me if i had any questions. I asked like 5 or 6 questions about the position as the interview gave a very brief description.

I had emailed the interviewer 6 days after the interview inquiring about my status for the face-to-face interview. No response. I emailed again about my status 2 days after that. No response.

This morning, 3 days later, I get an automated generic email from D&B HR stating that they are going to pursue other candidates.

I felt that the whole D&B interview experience was completely unprofessional and rather rude. I certainly did not feel wanted nor cared about by D&B.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard as they were generic questions. Only was asked 4 questions.   Answer Question

Statistical Consultant Interview

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details The phone interview lasted only about 10 mins. The HR asked some experience based questions. She speaked really fast from the very beginning, and her voice is monotone, giving me the impression that she doesn't really care and just want to finish it quickly.

Human Resources Professional Interview

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Recruiter from Adecco emailed to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for two days later. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Recruiter asked 'tell me about your background', asked where I live. No other questions. Wasn't very friendly and didn't talk much, which seemed odd since she was supposed to be soliciting for the company. She did explain the job, which she seemed to be informed about. Said she would talk to hiring manager. I did receive a script email a few days after interview stating that they had other candidates they were considering, which I was fine with. At least there was a form of communication on status.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background. Where do you live, how far from the office.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Leader Interview

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Question – None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details I found the role online and applied on a Tuesday. I was contacted by the HR person the following day to arrange a time for a telephone interview request with her, which was scheduled for the following week. That Friday, I got an email request to conduct a video interview with a company called HireVue to "move things forward more quickly." They asked that the video interview be conducted by that Monday. I completed the video interview that Saturday afternoon.

The video interview consisted of a series of eight pre-recorded questions about the job, which would have been fairly easy to answer if they were asked in a standard interview setting (i.e. in person or on the phone) and there had been any sort of prior verbal contact with HR about the job, such as the telephone interview, so I could have a better idea of both the company and the scope and responsibilities of the role outside of the information posted on their website.

The questions asked were not hard to answer but the context in which they were asked was awful. The question was presented on the screen, you were given 30 seconds to think about your answer then given three minutes to record your response. Aside from the fact that you needed to own a video camera and microphone and needed to be comfortable in front of the camera and create a "set" in your home with background and lighting to ensure you presented yourself in the most flattering circumstances.

The day before my phone interview with HR was scheduled, I received an email stating that it was cancelled and they were "pursuing other candidates."

I have been on quite a few interviews and conducted even more interviews in my 15+ years in the business world and this is easily the worst interview I have ever participated in. I did not have any verbal contact at all with anyone at D&B nor was I even given the chance to discuss the role and my background with a person at the company. It would have been nice to have some human interaction, especially considering this was a high level position within the company.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard, however the way they were presented was horrendous.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at D&B