DIRECTV

Average Difficulty
179 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Contract) Interview

Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Contract)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2012.

Interview Details Some tricky questions asked
Some usual questions - i.e. what I did in previous jobs in details.
Some difficult/achievement I i did in my previous jobs - what was your accomplishment you are proud of........

Interview Question – Some tricky questions asked

Answer Question

Satellite Technician Interview

Satellite Technician
Thousand Palms, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview went great and I felt I had a good chance at the position... I completed the drug test and was then contacted to do a physical test well the day of the physical test I was contacted by the backgrounds investigator for some information he ask that I fax over some paperwork regarding the issue on hand so I did and then I completed the physical test... the next day I was contacted again and was informed that I was ineligible for the position... So I went through the entire process and spent money on faxing papers when the whole time he could have advised me of that before I continued on to the physical and not have to fax any paperwork...A complete waste of time and I did not receive any form of reimbursement on my money spent on faxes by his request.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a upset customer?   View Answer

Designer Interview

Designer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details The interview and hiring was straight forward actually, standard questions and a review my personal work, we reviewed a few past projects from my portfolio and discussed my design process and some of my past employers. I met and spoke with two people during my interview, an Art Director and a Manager, it was quite a pleasant experience actually.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Interview Details HR process is very slow and takes a long time to make a decision. HR is not very responsive. Had to go through 3 in person interviews and the whole process took over a month before getting an offer.

Interview Question – white broad testing with panel interview   Answer Question

Director, Technology Interview

Director, Technology

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details Slow to interview and make an offer. Helps to work as a contractor before being considered for a full-time position. Many of the full-time employees working at DIRECTV started as contractors or consultants.

Interview Question – Depends on the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer is very close to final numbers - not much wiggle room.

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Senior Manager Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details Had initial 30 minute phone interview with outsourced recruiter, then 1 hour phone interview with hiring interview, then in person 1 hour interviews with team members consisting of one on one and group depending on availability

Interview Question – How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Technical Support- DIRECTV
Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details It all started with applying online, after that i was able to go into their office for an interview. The interview process felt as if it was just a way to see what the potential employee looked, and sounded like. It was not a hard interview, nor did they ask any challenging questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a higher starting wage.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Huntington, WV (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Interview Details They required screening tests such as computer skills and personality tests following a phone interview. After passing those was offered interview on the spot.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything being difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2014.

Interview Details Reached out through campus recruiting event. Got an on-site interview invitation two days after. Went the scheduled interview in 2 weeks. Supposed to be a panel interview but only one principal engineer made it. Lasted for 1 hour. Casual conversation. Got the offer a week later. The on-boarding process did take some time. I interviewed in March, finished the whole HR communication stuff early June.

Interview Question – What do you know about network system in terms of media delivery?   View Answer

Inventory Control Planner Interview

Inventory Control Planner

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details You will have to apply for any position thru the online job posting system. The HR group will screen candidates and can take some time to hear back from unless the position is needing to be filled immediately and even then can take a week or so. The first conversation will be a phone interview with a HR recruiter and then if they like what they hear they will pass it on to the hiring manager to determine if you get a face to face interview. You could also have to go thru a second phone interview before the face to face if they have a significant amount of possible candidates.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were fairly expected.   Answer Question

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!