DISH Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.7

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Applied online, took an assessment test and got a call 2 days later to set up an in person interview. Did the in person and got an offer email through email a week later. I would call the interview a positive one simply because from the moment they called to the in person interview every single person was completely honest with the requirements. They even went as far to say the job is not easy and requires long hours. I accepted because of the previous stated reason, very honest and upfront. I can confirm that after being hired every question I asked was answered honestly.

I did not negotiate.

Operations Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2014.

1. Apply online, 2. Take tedious 30 minute online timed test, 3. Speak to a recruiter for a pre-interview, 4. Hear back from the recruiter for an interview scheduling, 5. Come in for an interview, 6. Take extra-tedious 1.5 hour timed computer test, 7. Speak to the hiring manager, 8. wait a week and get a response of the results. They obviously want to get a maximum amount of applicants to apply for their positions and screen them down.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2014.

I applied through indeed a week later I received a call from a recruiter. My interview with the recruiter went well, I was told to take three assessments & that I would move on to the second round of the process. Maybe a day later, I had a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called the next day, which was on a Thursday, to schedule an onsite interview with the Recruiter & HR Associate for the next day. Again, this interview went well & I took two more assessments. The next week I was scheduled for another Skype interview with the Director of HR for the following week. My interview with her went well, I thought, but guess I was wrong. I asked her next steps because I thought we were at the end of the interview process & I was told there would be additional onsite interviews with her & the hiring manager again. A week later I was called by a different recruiter from Dish about another position I applied for. I did a HireVue interview were you read the question & record yourself answering the question. Based on your answers you would move on to the telephone interview with the recruiter. I had an interview with the recruiter the next day. I felt the interview went really well with him. In the beginning of the interview he told me that if he felt I wasn't a good fit he would let me know during the interview, that way he wouldn't waste my time. I informed him of the other position I had been interviewing with & he said he would reach out to the other recruiter to see were I was in the process. He told me he would be in touch by the next week & if I don't hear from him to email him a big question mark. That same day I was email & thanked for my time for the HR Manager position; however, I still had hope since I was interviewing for the Sr HR Rep position. A couple days later I was informed that I wouldn't be moving on for that position as well.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about your resume & what you did in previous positions.   Answer Question

Tech Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enterprise, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Filled out application at night. I was called the next morning for a phone interview. interview went good, I was asked about specifics from my application and resume. The recruiter was quite friendly and seemed impressed with my answers. I was given an appointment for an in person interview on my next day off which was about 5 days. I am still awaiting that interview and will try to post results later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was who else have I applied to work for and have they called me for an interview yet. Also how long have I been seeking new employment.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

I applied online for an Operations Analyst position in Englewood, CO and got a phone call the next week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly informational - the HR representative explained the position, asked me why I wanted to work at Dish, asked me if I would need a relocation package if hired (as I currently live on the East Coast with plans of relocating), and also answered any questions that I had. I expected to be asked about items on my resume/my past experience, but nothing of the sort was a topic of conversation.

I heard back from the HR rep the next day, saying that they wanted to move forward and schedule a Skype interview. I was informed that there would be three interviews back-to-back, each ~30 minutes long. My Skype interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. To be honest, I am posting this review so that my glassdoor all-access pass is not shut off before I can use it for more research before my interview. If possible, I will revisit this post at a later date to give an update on how the rest of my experience goes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DISH.

it was pretty straight forward and they were very upfront about the job's expectations. The most important part is understanding the job's expectations and asking the right questions. I was happy to be getting the job and looking back overall it was an excellent experience for me.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Process took 4+ weeks.

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Wasn't even a phone interview. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to talk about the job description and what the job responsibilities entailed. I seemed intrigued so I continued. He told me I had to do an assessment online which took about 2 hours and if I passed, we would set up an interview.

I ended up passing and we set up an interview a week later. I get to the company's building and I had to take ANOTHER assessment which was something like 55 questions in 2 minutes and you got penalized for wrong answers. I rushed through it all then got to interview.

I interviewed with 5 people; 2 manager, 2 high ups; and one supervisor all in the same interview! It look about an hour to do. One supervisor was unavailable. Questions asked were along the lines of my resume and work experience. Thought the interview went really well.

About a week later, I get a call from the recruiter saying the supervisor that was unavailable would like to interview with me. I was told that it would just be one person and myself, repeatedly. He told me over the phone, when we met, and right before the interview. The interview started and 2 supervisors came in and the recruiter decided to sit in with us. The questions were tougher and very specific. If you answered in a general term, they would ask you for specific examples and then with follow up questions to that.

I thought it went well. Recruiter called a week later letting me know they would like to move forward with me. I had to sign a waiver for a background check and get a drug test. They also called my references and made sure they spoke with them. I did all of what they asked.

One week passes, nothing.

Another week passes. nothing. (mind you, i've been calling the recruiter and asking what was going on)

The next week I get a phone call from the recruiter saying they are not going to move forward with me. Thanks a lot "Dish". Worst hiring process ever.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically did you do to improve at your last job?   Answer Question

General Manager - Broadband Networks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

I had a quick initial call with a recruiter. That call was very energetic and upbeat. She asked about some specific resume questions and questions regarding my current job. After that she asked why I was looking to make a change in my work and location. After spending roughly 30 min on the phone, she told me that she would recommend me to her hiring manager.

She also told me that I would be asked to complete an online assessment to determine cognitive ability. It was also communicated to me that if I completed the assessment satisfactorily that I would be contacted to for another interview.

After completing the assessment, I received notification that I was to visit with her hiring manager. This interview would be conducted over the phone and should last around an hour. On the day of the interview, the recruiter called and indicated that the hiring manager would not be able to make the appointment and asked if I could reschedule for a later time slot. We agreed on a later time in the day to conduct the call.

When I received the call from the hiring manager, it was clear that he was not ready for the interview nor did he seem interested in visiting with me. He did not have access to my resume nor did he have access to the assessment and when I suggested that I could email him my resume he became very rude and dismissive. After a few minutes, he located my resume and asked me some very basic questions about the content of the resume. When he asked me if I had any questions, he was unable to answer them and deferred them back to the recruiter. We concluded the call with pleasantries and I believed that I would not hear back from Dish.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I felt required deep thought or reflection. Perhaps this is because there was never a real and true interview.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a week or so for an initial phone screening. I then took their standard assessment and had a phone interview with a manager in the communications department. After that, I was invited to fly out to Denver for a face-to-face interview and more assessments.

Unix Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2014.

I applied online through dish.com career website. I received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with him. During the phone interview he said he would send me an assessment that would take an hour and that they send this to every person interviewing at Dish. The assessment consisted of math, reading comprehension, and social media. After going through this process, I spoke with the recruiter and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager, Senior IT Manager.

During the phone interview with the Senior IT Manager, and in between his yawns, he asked me which position I was interviewing for (both points I’m making here were unprofessional). He asked me two questions: describe my work experience, describe a recent issue I had resolved. Then after the 10 minute interview (including zero technical questions) he asked if I had questions of him. I asked several and in between more of his yawns he answered them appropriately.
    I followed up with the recruiter that day thanking him and the hiring manager. He promptly replied saying he would have feedback soon. Nine days later I followed up with an email, to which the recruiter replied saying he would have feedback soon. Two additional phone calls received no response.

Apparently they are uncomfortable letting applications know bad news. And, apparently I got lucky not receiving any feedback, as their company is poorly lead from the top (based on glassdoor ratings and other news articles). During my experience their poor leadership was demonstrated in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!