DISH Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX (US)).

Interview

Easynothing to it if you can breathe you will get the job at this super easy don't sweat it it's very easydon't be nervous cuz you will get the job

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Brief phone interview and then a group in office interview. After the group interview I was asked to take the assessments at the office which was very loud and distracting as their computers are located in the lobby and they were having technical difficulties that day. During the interview they asked ridiculous questions, like if you are the PM and your manager tells you that based on accident reports all drivers will now need to drive backwards at all times, what would you do?

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interview process was interesting the guy interviewing me was literally trying to talk me out of the job telling me there is easier jobs for 11 dollars a hour. I wish I could be mad at the dude but he wasn't lying.

Interview Questions

• General what was your prior work experience and how do you handle difficult people. Are you used to working in a call center with a continuous flow.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Took first assessment on reasoning skills, which was followed by a phone screen the next day. During the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled for the following week, which lasted two hours. One hour for two more assessments, one on deductive/analytical, etc. reasoning and the other on SAT style verbal and math questions. This was followed by two separate individual interviews, which involved standard and straightforward questions. Most question were regarding the skills required for the job and if I had them. No 'trick' questions asking about weaknesses or anything like 'tell me about a time when you...'. I thought the interviews were very encouraging and promising (telling me when I would start [that week], who would train me, talking about the commute/traffic, referring to possible future promotions, etc.) I have never been so certain that I was getting an offer after an interview as I was after that one. The next day I got a phone call saying they went with someone else.

Dish Network Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH (McKinney, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Scripted phone interview designed to quickly weed out applicants. Keep in mind, the hiring process is streamlined and fast paced to get people hired quickly. Wonder why they need people so badly? Why can't they keep people?

Interview Questions

• Would you be absolutely flexible working 4 days a week, mandatory OT and highly likely on weekends? (for $13.25 an hour)   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 5 mins early they sat me at a computer to listen in on 5 different calls then a supervisor came a showed me around the center then took me in to a room to do a brief 15 min interview she asked me like 5 questions and took me back out front where I was told I'd hear something back within 1-2 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to troubleshoot   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

On campus interview with HR. After this, there was an online personality/skills tests. After the test, there was an interview on-site. The interview was in various different departments that I had expressed interest in during the initial interview. After the interviews were done, I was asked to rank my preferences of departments and they used this information when matching jobs for all of the candidates.

It was a good process all in all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online through their website. I took their assessment test, a few basic math and personality questions. I received a short over the phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous manager describe you?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

A representative called me to set up a "brief" interview. After calling her back she went over the job description and made sure that it was still a position I would be interested in. After the phone interview she said if I was selected another manager would call me for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be best for this job?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Like leading cattle to a slaughterhouse. Walked you around and showed the commission structure as being able to earn 2000.00 a week....There were only a couple of people that showed as earning $2,000.00, and it was actually over a 2 week period. Most people earned the $400.00 a week base plus a few dollars in commission...definitely not worth the 50 plus hours your were supposed to work. And 12 hour days were expected.

Interview Questions

• Can you work more than 50 hours a week   1 Answer