DISH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst II Interview

Operations Analyst II
Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in November 2012.

Interview Details 1) Submitted an application online
2) Got a call from an HR person about a week later asking me to come in for an interview
3) Interviewed on site with the manager of the position, also took an assessment test which was fairly easy
4) Got a call the next day from the HR person, saying they think I would be better for a different position, and asked me to interview with that team
5) Interviewed with manager on new team
6) Came back a few days later and interviewed with the director of the team
7) Got a call the next day saying I was hired
8) They came back about a week later with an official offer, salary was kind of low so I pushed back, and they gave me an additional $2k (still low, but better than nothing)
9) I accepted the offer and started the next week

Interview questions were all just standard (tell me about your past jobs/school, why do you want to work for dish, etc.). No weird or difficult questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came back about a week later with an official offer, salary was kind of low so I pushed back, and they gave me an additional $2k (still low, but better than nothing)

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through Indeed.com. I received a phone call from the recruiter to schedule an hour long phone interview with her. Basic phone interview with some behavioral type questions. Felt the professionalism of the recruiter lacked when talking bad about the person previously in the position. After the conversation ended she said she would send me the assessment that would take an hour and that they send this to every person interviewing at Dish. The assessment consisted of math, reading comprehension, and social media. As an HR professional who worked for various well known top companies, I think this interview assessment is not the best way to sort through talent and very outdated. The questions were similar to the SAT’s you took in HS. After going through this process, I received a note that the manager has passed on my resume and I wouldn’t be moving forward in the process.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Digital Marketing
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details Terrible experience, they are unbelievably uncommunicative and treat people like cattle. When I was there employees didn't even have access to the door that led outside. I get the feeling they do not trust their employees at all.

Interview Question – They asked me why I wanted to work at a large organization, and it's hard to answer that when they are consistently rated one of the worst places to work in America.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
El Paso, TX (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at DISH in May 2010.

Interview Details Went well took a mth to get hired but very well worth it...had to take the test all over twice, because i was given the wrong test the first time. after that it all went well.

Interview Question – None that i remember it has been long enought to remember..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was very good.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details This was a standard interview process. I first interviewed with two supervisors, then after that I interviewed with the department manager. Each one of them were very polite and engaging.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was describing a challenging situation where I had to overcome adversity. This was tough because I had to recall a very hard time in my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Advanced Technical Support Representative Interview

Advanced Technical Support Representative
Hilliard, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in November 2011.

Interview Details The girl in HR who interviewed me made me wait until she decided what she was ordering for lunch (right in front of me) then began talking to the security guard about her weight. This seems to me to be very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Dish does mandatory 6th days with little notice, you must be willing to work mandatory overtime with little notice (as little as 15 min before)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Advised I had a second job at that time, I could not work 6 days and if that meant the job, then I would have to decline.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Junior Java Developer
Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

Interview Details After I applied online I got an email and asked me to do the online assessment. Then three days later I got the HR prescreen Interview. At the end of the phone the HR scheduled me a technical phone Interview of Java. The technical phone interview was with two people. One with only java question and the other ask every technology you mentioned.

Interview Question – Database normalization   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details This is one of the most bizarre phone interviews I have ever had. The hiring manager was totally not focused, and was the polar opposite of the recruiter that called me to ask me to interview for this position. The recruiter was very professional and convincing.

Interview Question – In the middle of the intro/small talk, the hiring manager abrubtly read a scripted situational question. Bascially the conversation went something like: so, the weather is interesting today, where do you live? and the response was "tell me about a time when you xyz...l." After this, all I wanted to do was hang up on this interview! It was the most bizarre phone interview ever.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Interview Details 1. SAT style on-line test. Math, verbal, social
2. Phone Interview with HR
3. Woderlink & Watson-Glasser test
4. 1 on 1 and panel interviews
5. Another 1 on1 interview with higher management
Fairly routine, but thorough interview process. It did take a longer time than I would have preferred (3 months from first call to offer), but from what I have experienced and heard from others the time frame is somewhat normal for most companies these days. In my opinion the first SAT style assessment test was the most difficult.

Interview Question – Fairly routine interview questions - strengths, weaknesses, management style, why do you want to work for DISH?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just take it or leave it offer.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details i applied by an online application then a recruiter interviewed and sent me a link for an online for english maths GK and social media-quite thought as an assessment and after that 3 one on one interviews with hiring manager than her boss and than the head of marketing department.Seemed nice overall but didnt make an offer.they dont give you any feedback .

Interview Questions

• Your previous job description and responsibilities?   Answer Question
  • The culture you want to work in? Best and worst part of your previous job? How would you say you demonstrate company values that on their website? Previous boss and peer review? Strengths and weakness?Previous successful marketing project? Why you want to work at Dish?   Answer Question

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!