DISH

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.7

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Responded to the job ad via Indeed.

I was contacted by phone a week later, and was asked a couple exploratory questions on why I fit the position. After a couple minutes, I was invited into the office the next day for a face-to-face interview.

Arrived at the office, and completed 3 basic computer exams; math, reading, and a simulator. I was interviewed by 2 people, a sales team leader and the other from HR. They asked simple resume questions, and presented a couple role playing scenarios. After I finished, I submitted a background check.

Another week passed, and I was contacted again with the job offer via phone. I was invited to the next training class the following week and the rest is history.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

I applied for and was invited for interviews twice with this company back when I attending community college, and it was only the second I made it all the way to a hiring manager. The qualification process is rather rigorous than difficult; I went through some online training and get to practice some of the basic responsibilities of the position onsite. Bad news was that I must commit to being available to report to work 24/7/365/year which I couldn't due to my school work.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Very friendly people, I had a great time meeting the team. A beautiful building, business casual is normal attire. They promised growth and helped me find the right position for me.

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in December 2014.

Great interview process, very friendly and informative. Met with sales managers and hr department. And they performed a speed interview process that involved 3 minutes with each manager. I enjoyed the process it was about 8 other candidates.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in December 2014.

Dish seemed to be very quick on the turn around. I applied online, took the online assessment on a Friday and was in for a face to face interview by the following Tuesday. Interviewed with a very sharp young manager who told me the upside potential for the top 2% was a six figure income, which he had achieved in his first year.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer that you qualified for the "right plan" told you she could afford it, but that the rest of the month was going to be tough, what would you do, or how would you respond?   View Answer
    none, 2 weeks training @ $10/hr then 2 weeks at $10/hr OR commissions whichever was greater

Field Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Takes a long time. Had 4 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. then heard nothing for week until they called and gave me a bunch of information and told me to get a drug test. then I was called again and asked if I still was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Dish and what have you failed at in your last jib   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation. its either take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Went through multiple rounds of one-on-one interviews with senior management across multiple departments. While time-consuming, this process was really helpful in getting a good understanding for company philosophy, culture, and focus.

Interview Questions
    • What is your leadership philosophy?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

I first received email communication from a recruiter, we set up a phone interview, followed-up by an in-person interview with senior management at the facility. Everyone I had contact with was very professional and pleasant during the process. The process took 4-5 weeks, from initial contact to receiving an offer.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

I did not apply online but I knew someone who worked there so my resume made it around along with the internal reference. Response only took a few days then I had to set up an interview and take an aptitude test. This test included mostly logical questions and your familiarity with the internet. At the interview HR was helpful with any questions I had and the hiring manager was straight forward with what the position entailed and his expectations.

Digital Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DISH in November 2014.

I went through the DISH hiring summit - comprehensive 2 day interviewing process. Two hours of IQ/ logic tests followed by 5 - 30 minute interviews with 5 managers. Got to have dinner with executives, meet many people who work at the company. Overall a great experience.