DISH

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

2.7

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

I first received email communication from a recruiter, we set up a phone interview, followed-up by an in-person interview with senior management at the facility. Everyone I had contact with was very professional and pleasant during the process. The process took 4-5 weeks, from initial contact to receiving an offer.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

I did not apply online but I knew someone who worked there so my resume made it around along with the internal reference. Response only took a few days then I had to set up an interview and take an aptitude test. This test included mostly logical questions and your familiarity with the internet. At the interview HR was helpful with any questions I had and the hiring manager was straight forward with what the position entailed and his expectations.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Several tests are needed to pass. This not only includes the Wonderlic, but several others that gauge your knowledge of the meaning of words, and knowledge of online information, such as RSS feeds.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at DISH.

Multiple interviews that are very combative. They try to get you to lose your composure. I understand why they do it; Dish customers can be very abusive and you have to control your temper.

One of the interviewers seemed quite racist and tried multiple times to make race baiting questions. The fact that I am caucasian made his efforts seem quite comical and unprofessional. Again, it seems to be part of the screening process because Dish employees are subjected to that behavior from their customers.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no unexpected questions. It's the atmosphere of the interview that is quite unexpected.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

University Recruiting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in October 2014.

I got a call to set up a Skype interview for the next week. I got an email with an IQ type test to complete before the interview. The interview went well although since the position I had applied for was basically a resume dump for college students, I didn't know which job they were interviewing me for. The interview lasted about 30min and consisted of mainly preprepared questions as opposed to a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were personally responsible for the outcome of a decision in an area where you had no prior experience.   Answer Question
    • What are two things on your resume that you would like me to focus on?   Answer Question
    • In the working world, people are often differentiated not by what they know, but by how hard they work. Describe a time when you worked harder than everyone else and the payoff that came from that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Applied online. You basically go through like 3 long assessments. Received a call a couple days later for a telephone interview. They asked me about my work history and stuff. Can i multitask. Name a time where I had to multitask. what i liked and dint like about my last jobs. Then scheduled me for an in person the next day. walked in and had to sit at the computer and listen to 3 call scenarios. They showed me around and then did a one on one interview. He asked me basic questions, name a time you provided above and beyond customer service, pretend i am a worker and he is the customer and try to sell him a product, etc. After wards I had to fill out a background form. Its been two days and was told I would hear something in 7-10 days

Production Associate Interview

Takes a long time every time I give up on hearing back from them they call me for the next step just finished drug test today. Background is said top be the longest part to wait to hear results about did background lady week

Installer Technician Interview

Application- straight forward.
    Assessment test- easy
    phone interview-easy, about past work history.
    In person interview- I wore a suite and tie and it lasted about an hour. There were two interviewers. Asked a lot of customer service related questions.

Interview Questions
    Not much of a negotiation but was offered to start at $17 an hour.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Applied online, then had a preliminary telephone interview with a recruiter. When we got to the point to discuss salary requirements, we were $40,000 apart. I was shocked at the salary they were offering for a project manager position, especially since they were desiring a PM with their PMP certification.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

I applied online for an Operations Analyst position in Englewood, CO and got a phone call the next week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly informational - the HR representative explained the position, asked me why I wanted to work at Dish, asked me if I would need a relocation package if hired (as I currently live on the East Coast with plans of relocating), and also answered any questions that I had. I expected to be asked about items on my resume/my past experience, but nothing of the sort was a topic of conversation.

I heard back from the HR rep the next day, saying that they wanted to move forward and schedule a Skype interview. I was informed that there would be three interviews back-to-back, each ~30 minutes long. My Skype interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. To be honest, I am posting this review so that my glassdoor all-access pass is not shut off before I can use it for more research before my interview. If possible, I will revisit this post at a later date to give an update on how the rest of my experience goes.