Daimler Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jul 2014
Updated 14 Jul 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

2 rounds: Telephonic: Technical and Managerial. Questions about commercial vehicles and automobiles, projects and HR questions. If you choose Sales, marketing you may be asked about the reason for your preference

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler.

Initial interview by HR vendor. Simple Q&A, basically just to confirm you are a human :)
    Language interview in Japanese. Include incident email response simulation.
    Technical interview directly by team lead.
    Final result notification.

Interview Questions
    • Interview itself is simple, but the quality of the telephone signal is not so good.
      As long as you are a logical thinking person with relative knowledge, it should be fine.
        Answer Question

Daimler Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in January 2014.

1. E-mail Resume/Cover Letter
    2. Interviewed by an intern. Asked a series of standard questions, while the intern fills out an application blank with your answers.
    3. 25 - 30 min Online Assessment Test - 3 Types of Assessment ( Verbal Reasoning , Work Sample, Personality)
    4. 2 hr Onsite Assessment Test - includes the same type of assessment questions as the online test, as well as questions that were not tested previous (eg. numerical assessment)
    5. Full-day Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • No particular difficult question during the 1st round of interview.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Daimler.

Very simple, phone conversation than had a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question had to be when I was asked to analyze several outcomes on excel. Just be prepared to know all excel functions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler in August 2013.

Two phone screens, followed by an onsite. Very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, just good honest evaluation of skill and personality fit.   Answer Question
    Contract, so predetermined by contracting agency.

Customer Relationship Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

Online Application through Daimler website, brief phone interview conducted within one week in English, offer of on-site interview following week. In person interview at Stuttgart HQ with direct supervisor and manager, both asked questions mainly about past work experience. First 40min in German then switched to English.

Interview Questions
    • What is your all-time favorite Mercedes?   View Answer
    No negotiation, standard 1000 euro/month internship stipend, and free access to the MB Museum

Internship At Daimler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

A month after I applied they emailed me to invite me directly to an on-site interview.

The 2 interviewers (Project Manager and a colleague) were friendly and talked a lot about the project - I think they talked more than I did, which was strange! There were a couple of typical questions about strengths/weaknesses and study choice, but above all they were interested in my knowledge of the industry and the sector I applied for. As I applied for a non-technical role, this was a bit of a surprise and I struggled to answer the questions.

Master Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindelfingen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindelfingen (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in January 2013.

The interview was not in the technical sound, it was more general interview about my university and past experiences

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation phase for intern

Aftersales Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

It all starts with the online applications, than there will be a phone call to set up an interview date, most people have to travel to Germany but if you are a foreigner it might happen that it will be only a phone call. The interview itself is in German but some parts are in English.

The interview itself is almost 2 hour long. Usually the interviewer starts with the explaination of the area you would be working in and what this internship would look like (routine tasks and extra projects) than you have to tell everything about you. Than you get a case study where you have to explain and understand a graph of the aftersales market. Than you will be asked some questions like: What are your weaknesses or do you like to work in a team or how well you speak english (This section might be in english) etc. Finally the interviewer will be happy to let ask you questions.

Than in 3-4 weeks you will know if you got the internship and than it will be submited to the board if they do accept you.

Interview Questions
    • How does the Lubricant market look like in Germany and worldwide?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

The interview was a conventional interview. It starts with an introduction about themselves and then you should interview yourselves and they will ask you to take them through your CV.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sketch a process for baking a cake.   View Answer