Daimler Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Daimler (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a Job Fair in San Francisco, and was invited to an interview the same day. The HR recruiter contacted me again after they returned to Japan. Then there was a phone interview with the Department Manager about 3 weeks later.

At Daimler In Human Resources Working In IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Daimler.

Interview

I'm currently studying in Germany on an exchange from my home university, my scheme consists of 6 months studying and 6 months working in an internship.

I applied online through the Daimler website and was asked to go for an interview (just email), I of course emailed back and went to the interview as planned. The interview itself was not very hard at all, in fact it was quite pleasant and I really enjoyed it.

I received an email about 3 days later saying there weren't enough English only roles (I speak a little German but that's all) and to contact someone else who's working on English projects, I contacted the person who they suggested and got invited to another interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions for interns   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler (Stuttgart (Germany)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on daimler website for internship position, after 4 weeks received an email and was invited to interview. Had to fly to Germany,but it was interesting . Had a in person interview with two people. They did not ask any difficult questions , was very comfortable and informative.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 rounds: Telephonic: Technical and Managerial. Questions about commercial vehicles and automobiles, projects and HR questions. If you choose Sales, marketing you may be asked about the reason for your preference

Interview Questions

• Which is your field of interest   1 Answer

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler.

Interview

Initial interview by HR vendor. Simple Q&A, basically just to confirm you are a human :)
    Language interview in Japanese. Include incident email response simulation.
    Technical interview directly by team lead.
    Final result notification.

Interview Questions

• Interview itself is simple, but the quality of the telephone signal is not so good.
      As long as you are a logical thinking person with relative knowledge, it should be fine.

Answer Question

Daimler Career Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

1. E-mail Resume/Cover Letter
    2. Interviewed by an intern. Asked a series of standard questions, while the intern fills out an application blank with your answers.
    3. 25 - 30 min Online Assessment Test - 3 Types of Assessment ( Verbal Reasoning , Work Sample, Personality)
    4. 2 hr Onsite Assessment Test - includes the same type of assessment questions as the online test, as well as questions that were not tested previous (eg. numerical assessment)
    5. Full-day Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• No particular difficult question during the 1st round of interview.   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Daimler (Madrid (Spain)) in January 2014.

Interview

All personal (no exams online and no excellent tests). I did not get in but I was interviewed by a Portuguese Director from Mercedes-Benz Financial services and she was really nice and made very intelligent questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my worst working flaw   1 Answer

Salary was better elsewhere and it was closer to home

Controlling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daimler (Stuttgart (Germany)) in November 2013.

Interview

Submission of the application via the online tool is a little bis lengthy, but just like for most other companies. After about 1,5 weeks I got invited for a telephone interview that took place a week after, so 2,5 weeks after my application. The telephone interview was directly with my later mentor and superior. The atmosphere was really nice, no stress questions, not much technical questions, more personal questions. I got the intern position then directly the next day.

Interview Questions

• All was pretty standard, nothing much of a surprise ... why Daimler, why Controlling, personal success and failure stories, a lot of questions concerning my extracurricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, intern salary is fixed

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Daimler.

Interview

Very simple, phone conversation than had a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question had to be when I was asked to analyze several outcomes on excel. Just be prepared to know all excel functions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler in August 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens, followed by an onsite. Very smooth.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, just good honest evaluation of skill and personality fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Contract, so predetermined by contracting agency.