Dairy Queen

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

1.8

Fast Food Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Application and one on one interview. Hiring manager was very professional and provided an excellent explanation of the job. Also provided excellent information concerning the operation of the restaurant and the expectations of the position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen in January 2015.

Needed to know the standard basics. Experience in the food industry. Experience with fast food and customer service. Asked best example of how to resolve customer complaints.I guess it's a bit different due to having a frozen food product vs just burgers.

Interview Questions
    • toughest situation you ever been in at the restaurant?   View Answer

Pay

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Whole process took 3 days, Applied the first day, went in the next day for an interview, got hired on the spot, and started the next day. Started out in ice cream, then moved to cashier, and now i'm doing drive-thru.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate anything except number of hours worked per week.

Team Member Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

Simple basic interview questions, "Tell me about yourself, what does good customer service mean to you"
    Didn't need to press up that formal for the interview
    the interview was fairly short 15 minutes tops

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen in November 2014.

The DQ I was applying to was barely being built so we would apply at another location. I applied and the next week I got a call. They asked if I wanted to work at DQ and I said I would love to so then they gave me my start date/ orientation day and that was it. No interview.

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Applied on indeed.com an new store was opening, within two weeks got an interview was pretty easy basic questions why should we hire you? Are you in school? Do you like working with children?

N/a

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

This review pertains to the Pearland location on the newer side of Pearland. Just smile and be honest you'll get the job. They really need workers. They will pretty much hire you on the spot. The applications are on the backs of the papers on the trays you eat on when you dine in.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

no real interview process, they call you ask you a few questions and its a yes or no. very lacking of structure and policies. they really have no upper management that knows how to interview or train, just a guy who got promoted by lack of other options a long time ago.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
    When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
    I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Interview Questions
    • We get really busy, do you think you can handle that?   View Answer