Darden

Getting the Interview

149 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details Come dressed to impress. Almost anyone can be a server if they are personable, professional, neat and courteous. Show that off in your interview! Another benefit of Darden (specifically Olive Garden) is that no prior experience is necessary. Once hired you are put through a 8-5 training class for a week that will prepare you for your role as a server. Remember to be yourself and not to sell yourself.

Interview Question – What would you do to go above and beyond for a guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase, they offered me the job after a day or two and i accepted.

Bartender Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details Consists of two interviews, first with staffing manager, then with general manager. From my experience, if you make it past the first interview you have probably landed the job. After the second interview they will have you follow a current employee around to meet others on the staff. This is to see how well you fit in, so make sure you are friendly, outgoing, and ask questions!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

New Restaurant Opener Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details Apply Online, Then dress professionally with your resume and show up between 2:00-4:00 Monday thru Thursday. Ask to speak with the hiring manager or server manager

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest doesn't have an id but looks old enough to drink.?
What's in popular alcoholic drinks.
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Darden in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process can be quite long at Darden, when I came on-board it took over two full months from my initial application to offer letter. If a candidate reaches the second round, there is often an analytic assessment that is quite daunting (depending on the position applied for), it is much like the SAT/GRE/ etc.

Interview Question – Different managers asked different questions at their discretion, but there is often a question that revolves around communication style, a question about diversity, and a question about your professional goals and how you plan to achieve them. It is a very "friendly" environment that often relies on person-ability above all else, where managers opt for face-to-face meetings over electronic communication whenever the opportunity arises.   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Fargo, ND (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in June 2010.

Interview Details Dress professionally to the interview. Darden cares about how well kept you look. Make sure you know the company prior to the interview and prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview. The current process is to apply on line and fill out the assessment. in a week or so the Talent Recruiter calls to conduct a phone interview. Remember to be upbeat throughout the interview. My suggestion is to connect with the recruiter in the first couple of minutes before getting down to business.

Interview Question – Most questions were basic and looked for how to apply my current experience as a future leader for Darden.   Answer Question

Server
Surprise, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details Took a while to get hired. i had to go through four interviews with four different managers.

Interview Question – What do you expect from me as a manager?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Question – What are your long term career goals?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dickson City, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in March 2011.

Interview Details applied and contacted within a week. Brought in for an interview and a peer review with in the same week. Easy interview questions and will hire even without experience serving. They train you to do things their way anyway.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty cut and dry. They just try and get a feel for your personality and your expectations.   Answer Question

Yardhouse Server Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden in January 2013.

Interview Details Walked in to apply and immediately was asked to interview the same day. It took two more rounds of interviews but overall was a simple process. The managers make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly simple. Make sure you know a little about the menu before interviewing. They will ask questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary, plus tips.

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Darden in May 2013.

Interview Details Filled out online application and got a call from the manager the next day. Went in to interview two days later. Had three interviews in the same day, two with managers one with the GM who happened to be in town. Had to sell them something off of the menu of my last job and convince them to want to buy it. Talked about how strong my pour was behind the bar and some of the types of environments I've worked in.

Interview Question – Sell me on your favorite meal from your last restaurant job's menu.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden interview questions and advice. All 149 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.