Darden

163 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server/Certified Trainer Interview

Server/Certified Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Question – I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in December 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was very drawn out for me. I was hired back in December but no communication was made about when I would start until February. The talent manager seemed very unorganized as he was trying to start managers at various locations around florida.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty standard, no out of left field questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2012.

Interview Details I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Question – What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.

Server Interview

Server
Carrollton, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2014.

Interview Details Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Question – Not many questions if you know what your doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Certified Trainer Interview

Certified Trainer

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Question – Why would I make a good darden employee?   View Answer

Director/Communications Interview

Director/Communications
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in April 2010.

Interview Details Initial phone screen then I came for first round of interviews in Orlando. Met with mostly communication colleagues for about 6 hours including one hour with hiring manager. Was notified within a week that I they would like me to advance to the final round which included a day-long assessment with Aon and then a second round of interviews in Orlando. I completed the 10+ hours of assessments with Aon near my hometown then came to Orlando the following week for final round of interviews. At the end of the day I was presented an offer before leaving.

Interview Question – I found all the interviews to be very conversational. No behavioral based interviewing techniques used which surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more on base pay which they would not move on, but they did increase my sign on bonus. I accepted.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Question – Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Certified Trainer Interview

Certified Trainer
Allen, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Darden in December 2010.

Interview Details The application is quick and easy to fill out and the assessment test takes only 20-30 minutes to complete. The interviewing process included interviews with 2 managers which is friendly and personable.
Their slogan "We're all family here" is truly genuine.

Negotiation Details – It was simple and fair.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Pasadena, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Interview Details very easy. apply online and go through 3 interviews usually on the same day. then a week of classroom training. menu and beverage tests and you are on the floor making money.

Interview Question – none. it is a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Server, Catering Interview

Server, Catering

I applied online and interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details Up front with questions that deserve truthful answers. Ask about my expectations. Do I want to grow with co? Do you have a family? Do realize what passion about this job?

Interview Question – why did you leave darden after 21 years?   View Answer

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!