Darden

Updated 3 Feb 2015
Updated 3 Feb 2015

2.3

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Phone call from initial recruiter with basic questions, referred to one of the directs of talent acquisition. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with this director. She was not very nice, too straightforward and not very interested in hearing my answers, I could tell she just wanted me off the phone. I knew- this was as far as I was going to go. She told me she'd get back to me within the week after talking to hiring managers. Weeks went by, no follow up. Got a canned response email about 3 weeks later that they had "found better candidates blah blah blah".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult in this as I didnt get very far. They told me if I made it to the next step it would be a technical phone conversation with someone in the role, then a day on the campus meeting multiple managers.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager followed by in-person interview on site. In person interview length was about 4 hours, and consisted of meeting with members from the immediate team as well as with the management of related teams. Managers made sure that expectations of the position were clearly laid out and discussed, with ample time given for questions.

Interview Questions
    • None that come to mind. Interview was fair and based on abilities/skills.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden.

I had one interview, and had to take a written test, fill in the blank- which took an hour and a half. I was asked about my previous work history, my strengths and weaknesses, why I applied there, why I think I should be hired, and what my goals were. It went great, and it was actually fun.

Interview Questions
    • Name your biggest strength and biggest weakness.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation involved.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in January 2015.

The process was great, the Area Director was insightful and professional. First interview was with the recruiter on skype, I really felt at ease and they did not hammer me with the same questions you always get so I found that refreshing. Next interview was with the Area Director in person like I said he was great. Had another interview with the Partner of a location and he just told me what to expect in the position.

Interview Questions
    • I found it amazing the director wanted to talk about kids and life and seemed to really care.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation got more than I asked for plus relocation.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

I applied to a position in passing while surfing the internet, only to forget that I had done so until I was contacted for an interview. I interviewed for a low level position that has no barring on why the company is performing poorly, but you'd have a hard time knowing that given the unnecessary high standard they have for their candidates. If only upper management was scrutinized to the same degree that fresh candidates are scrutinized for low level analyst work. Sorry we all don't have 10 years experience contributing to a declining brand! Interview was average compared to others, just really bizarre standards for a company that is bleeding money.

They sold off Red Lobster and they're desperately trying to restructure Olive Garden, but unfortunately for them, they reacted far too slowly to the obvious changing tastes in their industry. Their gaffe with Obamacare was a huge blow to their reputation as well.

Even if you get through their process, avoid this place. Open the business section, they had their time in the sun and they don't want fresh talent to help them.

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Two interviews were required. My first interview was centered on experience. Questions included how to handle difficult guests, examples of up-selling, and drink knowledge for a position behind the bar. Finally, a personality test. Took about 30 minutes, asked the same questions in different ways to see if you're being honest.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me a Coke." I can think of great descriptions for lots of dishes, but a beverage? Without alcohol? That was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Hostess At Seasons 52 Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden in December 2014.

I applied online and was e-mailed to call for an interview. I interviewed a few days later and was offered the job on the spot. I had to speak to all 3 (!!) managers, and answer similar questions with all three. Questions included, why do you want this job, do you have restaurant experience, what would your previous supervisor say about you, what was your favorite and least favorite part of your last job, what is your biggest strength and weakness, etc. I do not have any restaurant experience but I do have a college degree, and have worked retail.

I would suggest emphasizing your joy of working with and interacting with people, especially customers if you have customer service experience. Always remain very pleasant and speak clearly, as this is a front-of-house position.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was irate because a reservation made for 8:00 was still not ready by 8:30, what would you do?   View Answer
    They just said "We start our hostesses at $9.50/hour." There was not any time to negotiate.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Typical hurry up and wait process 50 phone calls and emails back and forth, set up drug testing for you as far away from your location as could possible be.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do? answer it then have the interviewer add to the scenario answer that them throw something else into it.   Answer Question
    no negotiations gave me more that I asked for

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Darden in October 2014.

It took me 3 hours before I even had my SCHEDULED interview and there was only myself and one other person, when it was my turn, she hadn't even seen my application, nor printed it off. Then, I had to wait for another 10 mins to even get started on my interview.

Because I am worth more than what that company was showing.

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Darden in October 2014.

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question