De La Rue

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Basingstoke, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at De La Rue in June 2012.

Interview Details Professional at all times, interviewers at all levels were friendly and helpful. The process itself was quite standard with 1st round and 2nd round interviews with increasingly more important interviewers from several different sections of the business. The office was clearly expensive but low key, all fixtures and fittings ooze money; everywhere you go it is obvious this is a company that are doing well! The employees are all content with their employers, some that I met had 40+ years service. The culture is smart and dynamic, it's very clear that these two things are highly prized at De La Rue.

Interview Questions

Placement Interview

Placement
Basingstoke, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at De La Rue in March 2012.

Interview Details Describe your greatest achievement
why you want to work here

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Basingstoke, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at De La Rue in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview was very easy. The agency called and told the recruitment is in freeze due to management changes.Waste of my time and money

Interview Question – Tell me about your company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Basingstoke, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at De La Rue in April 2010.

Interview Details This company has a lot of business challenge, knows it wants to change, but is terribly afraid to change. It won't grasp the nettle and get on with it. In the interview, I think I scared the hell out of them by simply discussing the ins and outs of change management. They liked me, but were afraid of the content. A real shame because I could have done loads for them!

Interview Question – So how do you think we'll go about changing then?   Answer Question

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Junior Technical Writer
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at De La Rue in September 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview, everything went very well. They contacted me a week later for me to come in and do an on-site interview. I thought everything went really well.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was think of three weakness. I couldn't come up with three; I only told them one.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at De La Rue in March 2010.

Interview Details Applied online on Wednesday, was contacted by HR on Friday to set up a phone interview for Monday. Had phone interview on Monday and then was scheduled for an in-plant interview on Wednesday.

Panel type interview with hiring manager and three other department mangers. They seemed to be distracted during interview. One reeked of cigarette smoke and seemed antsy to leave - probably needed a nicotine fix. One actually walked out during the process and came back a few minutes later with food which they snacked on for the remainder of the interview. They didn't seem to know what they wanted. Interview was quite disorganized - questions were bizarrely random.

Interview Question – Will travel be a problem?   View Answer

Worked for De La Rue? Contribute to the Community!