De La Rue Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jul 2014

2.7

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at De La Rue in August 2013.

Applied through magazine advert. A reply was made within two months which was far too long. Interview was set place at headquarter via Basingstoke, met with the design manager plus designer.
    Provided portfoiio of work and general comments of the company. Had brief tour and the process lasts an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Did explain the nature of the work - not much expansion of creativity or new areas regarding as being the largest global company.   Answer Question

Would prefer to be with a company with more creative scope

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at De La Rue in June 2012.

Professional at all times, interviewers at all levels were friendly and helpful. The process itself was quite standard with 1st round and 2nd round interviews with increasingly more important interviewers from several different sections of the business. The office was clearly expensive but low key, all fixtures and fittings ooze money; everywhere you go it is obvious this is a company that are doing well! The employees are all content with their employers, some that I met had 40+ years service. The culture is smart and dynamic, it's very clear that these two things are highly prized at De La Rue.

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at De La Rue in March 2012.

Describe your greatest achievement
    why you want to work here

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at De La Rue in August 2011.

Interview was very easy. The agency called and told the recruitment is in freeze due to management changes.Waste of my time and money

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at De La Rue in April 2010.

This company has a lot of business challenge, knows it wants to change, but is terribly afraid to change. It won't grasp the nettle and get on with it. In the interview, I think I scared the hell out of them by simply discussing the ins and outs of change management. They liked me, but were afraid of the content. A real shame because I could have done loads for them!

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at De La Rue in September 2012.

I had a phone interview, everything went very well. They contacted me a week later for me to come in and do an on-site interview. I thought everything went really well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was think of three weakness. I couldn't come up with three; I only told them one.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at De La Rue in March 2010.

Applied online on Wednesday, was contacted by HR on Friday to set up a phone interview for Monday. Had phone interview on Monday and then was scheduled for an in-plant interview on Wednesday.

Panel type interview with hiring manager and three other department mangers. They seemed to be distracted during interview. One reeked of cigarette smoke and seemed antsy to leave - probably needed a nicotine fix. One actually walked out during the process and came back a few minutes later with food which they snacked on for the remainder of the interview. They didn't seem to know what they wanted. Interview was quite disorganized - questions were bizarrely random.