Dell

724 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about UEFI   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Interview Question – The team based scenarios were challenging   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details Unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Question – Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Bracknell, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Interview Details I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

Technical Account Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details Very Straight forward and complete. 3 levels. Phone screen. Role Panel, and then Manager / Director level

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details Selection proccess consists of three steps: telephone interview, online tests (numerical reasoning, logical thinking and motivation) and panel interviews.
Telephone interview are mostly questions about how you heard of a program, what motivated you to apply and what do you know about the company. Nothing demanding nor stressful.
Online tests are not difficult, but limited in time.

Interview Question – Do you know what happened in company in last year?   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

Round Rock, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Dell visited our campus and selected interviewees based on applications submitted by students. The process is very standard where you meet and interview with a representative of Dell and then have a follow-up/secondary review afterwards. Overall the process is not terribly grueling and is very manageable as I found the people running the interviews to be likable and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very straightforward and nothing a well-versed interviewee shouldn't expect. I suppose the hardest to answer for me was "What do you hope to benefit from the internship process?" For me, internships are required so I hadn't really thought of what I was looking to accomplish ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward, easy to deal with. Not much negotiation necessary as it was an intern offer.

Database Administrator Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2013.

Interview Details The initial interview process is a screening test with some basic database administration questions.
Then, there is a first level technical discussion to analyse the basic skill set required for the job.
Third round is a detailed technical discussion with a senior associate.
Final round is the HR discussion.

Interview Question – How to configure F5 load balancer with SSL enabled connection with oracle discoverer 11g.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary offered did not meet my expectations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 724 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.