Dell

2.9

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer
    Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions : Active Directory, Exchange Server   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to learn a new product, and how did you do it?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Client Technical Support Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Previous email contacts, they told me they were interested in my profile and wanted more details and my CV.

Appointed a phone interview, typical big company questions ("why did you leave your last job?" "present yourself") and some technical questions ("difference between hardware and software" "name some videocard brands in the market"). About 25min. total.

After that, next day they appointed an on-site interview with a board of three, but HR representative was missing, so the interview was conducted by two team members.

It was similar to the phone interview but 90min. long, asking about strong points, weakness, milestones in your past jobs, how did you interact with your superiors and how was the feedback, and one technical test, situational question.

Interview Questions
    • nothing special, if you've done interviews with big companies they're quite similar. Know yourself and how to react and you're done.   Answer Question
    Didn't get an insight of the market offers, and considered the offer and perks quite nice for the country, so I accepted

Software Development Senior Advisor Interview

two rounds, one with peer and one with senior management. they will just talk about your current job responsibilities and will ask a number of questions for which they are not sure. So be confident and keep on replying as if you know everything.

Brand Manager Desktops Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Dell.

The process started in March and now In September I have just received an offer. Many interviews and HR did not do a very good job of keeping me updated with the status.

Currently negotiating

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!