Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about UEFI   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Interview Question – The team based scenarios were challenging   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details Unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Question – Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Interview Details I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

Applications Management Senior Analyst Interview

Applications Management Senior Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was detailed more focusing towards the roles and responsibilities to be understood clearly. The intention is towards analyzing the candidate capabilities to work according to the requirement of the job functionality.

Interview Question – Regarding the technical jargon based dealing with expertise and knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was asked for 50% hike, but considering my skills and expertise knowledge on the concepts and commitment towards work, I was offered with 100% hike.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details Recruiter
2 phone interviews
final, in-person interview
You either get an offer, or not
If you get an offer, you can negotiate for a better deal
accept the offer
background / drug test
The last step is orientation.

Interview Question – ITIL based questions. What is your strongest asset? Weakest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details It was the quickest hiring process of my career. All it took is 8 days from first call from a job consultant to getting the offer letter. Round 1 - General HR, Round 2 - Technical by Program Director, Round - 3 (Webex) with Account Head and Round 4 - HR negotiations. Thats about it.

Interview Question – It was more on what I had done so far within my domain. No stupid questions were asked. Both rounds were max 25 min time to the point questions related to my expected role. All my queries were answered promptly without hiding much information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiated much as I wanted to move to NCR. However, I got 22% hike from previous salary and wa happy with it.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!