Dell

2.9

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer
    Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions : Active Directory, Exchange Server   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to learn a new product, and how did you do it?   View Answer

Human Resources Ops Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2014.

I submitted my resume through an internal contact, and I was called within a week to arrange a time for an in person, one on one interview at the office in Frenchs Forest (so no phone interview screening). They emailed me all the details I required in advance - address, map, phone numbers, name of the interviewer, how to enter the office.

I arrived on the arranged day and time and was greeted by the interviewer. He had a generic question and answer sheet, but thankfully did not use it other than to jot down notes in the relevant sections - the first question I was able to read on the page was, 'Why do you want to work for Dell?'.

He was an experienced interviewer; and asked more general questions pertaining to my previous experience, knowledge of the role and the company, which gave me more freedom to answer questions without being stilted. Given that I am a recent graduate, he focused more on how my previous experience could relate to required competencies of the offered position, as opposed to the actual technical skills required. Having worked in the position being offered, he had comprehensive knowledge about the job and was able to answer and succinctly explain all the details I required.

A few days after the interview, he called to say they were not continuing with my application, having other candidates with more relevant experience as one reason, also saying that the manager who was offshore would most likely not be able to provide the hand holding I would have required (basically, I was under-qualified for this role). He provided feedback, which was also greatly appreciated.

In terms of culture, Dell in Australia is not considered a 'corporate' culture firm in which everyone wears a suit to work every day. I was overdressed in a black blazer, button down and a skirt - but it does help to make a 'professional' impression. Being a MNC, the interviewer did also say that the position would mean collaborating with people across the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, including India, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia - so time differences would affect how early or late you would start and finish.

Interview Questions
    • Given your previous experience, what skills have you picked up that are most relevant to this job?
      While on exchange overseas, what difficulties did you face while dealing with the local culture?
        View Answer

Brand Manager Desktops Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Dell.

The process started in March and now In September I have just received an offer. Many interviews and HR did not do a very good job of keeping me updated with the status.

Currently negotiating

Dell Computers Sales Interview

I have wanted to work for Dell for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!