Dell

2.9

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer
    Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in August 2009.

I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions : Active Directory, Exchange Server   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to learn a new product, and how did you do it?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Firmware Interview

The 1st round consisted of question on I2C, SPI protocol. Wrt to C, there were questions on significance of volatile, static keywords. Also there was a program to add and delete a node to linked list. You are asked to execute on pc. Better run in one shot, without warning or error.

Interview Questions
    • Have a very clear understanding of Volatile keyword and cache. You can find the answers on stackoverflow website   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Campus recruitment. 4 rounds. Basic data structures and algorithm questions. Not tough at all.
    3 technical rounds and 1 HR interview round. Mostly a panel observing you carefully and even helping you.

1st technical round had data structure questions.
    2nd round was describing your projects and the design chosen for them and why?
    3rd round again algorithm questions (not too hard)

Interview Questions
    • Developed my own thesis project in college. The toughest part was in explaining in precise and concise manner the entire software design in a relatively short amount of time before the interviewer lost interest   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

I found out about this position through a posting online and was particularly interested in it because it was based in France. The online application was slightly confusing and ended up submitting my application before I actually finished. I tried to reach out to the Montpellier office (which was where I applied) but it was almost invisible. What's worse is that they when I looked up the same position in the USA, the responsibilities were more technical and refined vs the france one which seemed like any jane doe with some computer skills could do.