Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about UEFI   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Interview Question – The team based scenarios were challenging   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details Unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Question – Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Interview Details I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

Network Security Analyst Interview

Network Security Analyst
Providence, RI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details Initial round was screening with basic networking questions. Then another round of phone interview (very technical). Also stressed on my past experience and university projects. Overall, was a great experience and also never expected them to get back within 2 days

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Associate Engineer I

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Question – What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment Process.
3 rounds.
Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume.
Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Test Associate Engineer Interview

Test Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details I applied through college

Interview details- Three rounds of process

1.Online Test
2.Technical interview
3.HR interview

Online test consisted of 60 questions
-30 questions from quantitative and verbal
-30 questions from technical

General aptitude section was of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C,C++,Java,Computer networks,microprocessors

If you have practiced general aptitude questions,then the test will be easy.

Interview questions- They mainly asked me about my projects,Questions on computer networks, software testing.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a code for number of cars and bikes entering the college.   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!