Dell Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015
Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.9

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2014.

Interview

Dell contacted me via LinkedIn and invited me to apply. Despite my misgivings over the low salary and benefits on offer I decided to go through with the interview. Initial phone interview with basic Java questions. Face-to-face interview with three team members at the Dell office (A very tatty rented space) and two further phone interviews. Despite being invited to apply by Dell themselves nobody bothered to contact me after the final interview to give me the results.

Interview Questions

• A slightly bizarre question about finding out the highest floor in a building that you could drop an egg from without it breaking.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   1 Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England) in March 2011.

Interview

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   1 Answer

Negotiation

Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions : Active Directory, Exchange Server   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to learn a new product, and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (London, England) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England) in June 2008.

Interview

Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Validation Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Interview at Round Rock office. First got an email about the schedule. And later got the date and time at which I should be there. Had to figure out how to get there because there wasn't resource they sent me. I got entrance permission at the desk, and then there were two interviewers each in charge of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about advanced concepts like "what a state machine is" as well as conventional ones like "the difference between inheritence and abstract classes". Then behavioral, and then gave a case where there's a problem in a database where it has a lot of data and I want to make specific query fast.   Answer Question

Information Security Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

They set up a screening interview with an HR representative, followed by a 1:1 telephone interview with hiring manager. After that, I went through an on-site panel interview with three prospective peers.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed conflicting demands for resources in a prior role.   Answer Question