Dell

720 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about UEFI   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Interview Question – The team based scenarios were challenging   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details Unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Question – Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bracknell, England

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Bracknell, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Interview Details I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

Prescreening Interview Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details It was a basic behavioural interview. Only asked me about my resume.
Still waiting for the response

Business Analysis Senior Advisor Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Multiple telephonic interviews
One Case round testing data interpretation skills

Negotiation Details – Initially declined as pay was not upto expectation, but they were quite keen to get me on board. After some negotiation, they offered a 15% increment, which I took up. Also considering the fact that they have a lot of emplyee benefits like taking care of rental agent fees and also rental deposit

Operations Specialist Interview

Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process is fairly fundamental and effective as long as the applicant listens closely to the questions and follows the instructions. The key is to answer questions using real past experience. They are not trick questions, they are simply set up so the applicant can share historical facts instead of tomorrow's theory.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had multiple high priority deadlines approaching and you realized you could not make them all nor make everyone happy. What did you do? How did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details First contact by mail then 2 phone interviews then onboarding. Everything went perfectly smoothly. Great experience. Got an answer quickly.

Interview Question – Nothing especial, everything went just fine.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 720 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.