Dell

Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.9

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2014.

Dell contacted me via LinkedIn and invited me to apply. Despite my misgivings over the low salary and benefits on offer I decided to go through with the interview. Initial phone interview with basic Java questions. Face-to-face interview with three team members at the Dell office (A very tatty rented space) and two further phone interviews. Despite being invited to apply by Dell themselves nobody bothered to contact me after the final interview to give me the results.

Interview Questions
    • A slightly bizarre question about finding out the highest floor in a building that you could drop an egg from without it breaking.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The interview was very technical due to the position I was applying for. Asked about my coding experience, my knowledge on various system architecture, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer
    Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in August 2009.

I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions : Active Directory, Exchange Server   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to learn a new product, and how did you do it?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview was a day long and involved 3 scenario based team tests with other graduate applicants and also a written, reading and math test. Individual interviews with managers were also conducted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Program Project Management Senior Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

This candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring process is the most straight forward, no nonsense process I have been through. The online application portal's user interface is slick and the extraction process is productive. The recruiter is extremely talented and offers professional and timely communication on next steps. The hiring managers are talented and excited about the organization. I had one phone conversation with recruiter and two face to face interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • What artifacts are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What two courses in your college education prepared you for this opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience working with end users? What stakeholders did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with up to 10% travel?   Answer Question
    • Did you have direct management authority to those you previously managed? Are you comfortable with shared resources?   Answer Question
    • What is the size of projects you have experience managing in dollars, hours, or duration?   Answer Question
    • Whats your background and knowledge with using PMI's PM knowledge areas, processes and principles?   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate since I negotiated upfront with recruiter. Their offer was fair and I didn't feel low balled on salary.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

There were 3 people and recruiter at a table, I was called same day they said if hired I would not stay. So asically for the salry they wanted to offer the comany did not expect me to stay and it was a contract [position.