Deloitte

Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.9

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Pre-interview dinner event, 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
  • How have you used networking? otherwise very basic questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Staff Interview

Started out with On Campus Interview, All behavioral questions.
    Then got invited to an office visit. 3 interviews, some behavioral questions and just random conversational questions. Second round is all about getting to know you and seeing if you are a good fit for the firm. Try to be genuine instead of giving them what you think they want to hear.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Had on-site interview with two partners in November. They were both very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Who did you meet during the social events? Do you remember their names?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interviewed through campus recruitment. Interviewer was friendly, mostly interested in team based experiences. Asked us to bring transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I failed to expand upon interviewer's probing into my past experiences.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

First there was a phone interview asking about your qualifications
    then there was a technical and english test
    after this there was an HR interview, and the last interview was a technical interview

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation, you either accept or reject the offer
    because i was a fresh graduate at this time

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

applied on campus and got an interview... this was last year (2011) everything went well and the interviewer was friendly. very relaxed and conversational which was surprising (no behavioral questions). never received an offer and never received a rejection email either. i emailed the interviewer multiple times to follow up and no response

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

1: 1st round of interview are all behaviral questoins: 1) What qualities do you think a good leader should have? Describe your leadership experience.. 2) How do you manage your time? 3) Describe a difficult/challenging time you have? 4) Describe a time that you have different opinions with your co-workers/teammates, and how do you solve it?
    2: Networking Dinner
    3: My 2nd round of interview (on-site) are more conversational. Mainly talk about my resume, and if there is any questions I have for the interviewer.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I got an on-campus interview opportunity. The interviewer was very nice and the whole process went pretty well. He asked mostly behavior questions and questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties have you ever experienced in accounting major?   Answer Question