Deloitte

Updated 24 Sep 2014

2.9

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

First there was a phone interview asking about your qualifications
then there was a technical and english test
after this there was an HR interview, and the last interview was a technical interview

Interview Questions
there was no negotiation, you either accept or reject the offer
because i was a fresh graduate at this time

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

applied on campus and got an interview... this was last year (2011) everything went well and the interviewer was friendly. very relaxed and conversational which was surprising (no behavioral questions). never received an offer and never received a rejection email either. i emailed the interviewer multiple times to follow up and no response

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

1: 1st round of interview are all behaviral questoins: 1) What qualities do you think a good leader should have? Describe your leadership experience.. 2) How do you manage your time? 3) Describe a difficult/challenging time you have? 4) Describe a time that you have different opinions with your co-workers/teammates, and how do you solve it?
    2: Networking Dinner
    3: My 2nd round of interview (on-site) are more conversational. Mainly talk about my resume, and if there is any questions I have for the interviewer.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I got an on-campus interview opportunity. The interviewer was very nice and the whole process went pretty well. He asked mostly behavior questions and questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties have you ever experienced in accounting major?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I dropped my resume through my university's online recruiting system and was contacted for a first round interview. There was a pre-interview dinner the night prior the interview that gives you an opportunity to meet your interviewers and talk to them in a more informal setting before the actual interview. The first round consisted of two back-to-back interviews, one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. The questions were all behavioral and it was a pretty relaxed conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience on your resume that makes you stand out from the other applicants.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

All the people interviewed me were all really friendly. They gives no pressure during the interview. They all just want to know more about you instead of trying to give you a hard time.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

I was first interviewed on a school campus for an internship position in the audit field. Once I completed the first round of interviews, I was asked to travel to Houston for an office tour of the company and for multiple interviews. Once this was completed, I was called the same day and told that I would have the internship. The internship lasted from January through mid March, the busiest time of year for auditing. Once the internship was coming to a close, I was asked to come in for an exit interview with one of the partners. The conversation consisted of the reviews that my seniors and managers filled out about me and the pros and cons of my work. I was then offered the job in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you would be a good auditor, what makes you think that the field of audit is right for you?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

I arrived early for my interview. It was a back-to-back, one-on-one 30 minute session, with 2 partners of the firm. I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. I heard back the next day with an offer from the partner directly.