Deloitte

Updated Aug 1, 2014

3.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Written test, GD's, PI, TI

Interview Questions
    It was campus drive. No question for negotiation as i was fresher.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Received initial interview through a friend and proceeded to have first phone interview with a recruiter. About two weeks later, I spoke with a manager over the phone for 30 minutes and then scheduled my final interview about 3 weeks later.
    It was roughly 3 hours at the Arlington (Rosslyn), VA location. The people were very professional, quick and down to business. The in person consisted of a final behavioral with a director, and two case studies with two different consultants.

I sent thank you letters and about two weeks later, I was asked to submit my initial background check application. I know for a fact that this was not what eliminated me as I've done Federal checks before. About 3 weeks later, I was told that I was not extended an offer.

Overall, very quick and efficient recruiting process. My recruiter was there to answer questions throughout.

Interview Questions
    • First case question threw me off as I may have been nervous. It was along the lines of; A postal client wants to perform %100 scanning capability of their packages and mail. They have 13 different locations. How do you go about implementing %100 scan rate and therefore higher rate of customer satisfaction. I was presented with a sheet of different package volumes for 3 locations after I concluded that 13 locations may be too much and they must choose to consolidate.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

The first round interview involves a 30 minute case interview as well as a 30 minute fit interview. The case interviewer was fairly tough in terms of the expected answer, but the fit interviewer was very comfortable and receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to assign the axes of a graph showing product performance   Answer Question

I did not love to culture the company presented to me. It seemed a little cut-and-dry and serious.

Business Analyst Interview

The first round was a general aptitude,verbal and reasoning test
     2nd round- A Case Study
    3rd round- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Test was conducted
    case study like a gd with 9 people and after that presentation of the solutions
    interview was mostly hr...mine was very short and quick

1)HR screening round 2) Technical round 3)verbal round 4)Technical round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

The recruitment process had 3 phases- first was an online exam to test your aptitude. This online test had 3 parts- quantitative aptitude,verbal aptitude and critical reasoning. The second phase was a case study. Each group was given a case and our approach to solve the problem was examined. It was developed to test whether the candidate is able to work in a team or not. The third phase was an interview. The interview consisted of the normal H R questions and some questions about your projects.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Having good communication skills and fluency in English is necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Hiring process started with a presentation about the company. The presentation was good and professional.
    Next, was the aptitude test which was conducted by aspiring minds (AMCAT). With no negative marking, the test was rather simple.
    Following the aptitude test was the case study which was a modified Group Discussion.
    Tough topic with great details and unexpected questions were features of the case study.
    The interview was rather easy, with questions that were mostly about strengths, weaknesses ..etc.

Interview Questions
    • Well, for the interview there were questions from the case study which were hard to deal with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruited at an on campus information session. Application was very basic with no cover letter required. GPA requirement was a 3.4. Interview included two rounds on one day. First round was a thirty minute case and a thirty minute personality profile. There was no set order for these two interviews. Second interview was a sixty minute case / stress test.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to explain, but asked to explain a graphic that I did not understand.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Generous salary offer for an undergraduate candidate.