Deloitte

Updated 15 Dec 2014

3.1

143 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions
  • If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question
Non-existent

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

I was brought in to interview for this position. I met with three different individuals: one from human resources and two from business line positions. The HR person reviewed the firm's benefits and career paths. The business people were both recent hirees over the past two years. The HR person took about 30 minutes and then it was 25-30 minutes each with the staff people.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical question about how to resolve a business problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied to the business analyst program through the Tuck Business Bridge Program. I had to submit my resume and cover letter. I got an interview slot with them which was half an hour of a case interview and half an hour behavioral interview. The interviews were with two different people.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really any hard questions. The case was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

After sending in my resume and motivation letter I was asked to do an online assesment. This consisted of two parts: questions about competencies and 4 different tests on reasoning (verbal, abstract, etc). I was called for an interview later that week.

The interview, which was with one consultant and someone from HR, was focussed on my motivation for the job and Deloitte, and some standard questions about resume and personal characteristics. After that here was a small business case, which relied pretty heavily on calculations and took about 20 minutes. Afterwards the results of the assesment were shared.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a lot of questions on motivation for Deloitte, which I hadn't anticipated in a first interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The interview process includes two rounds of interviews. Round one includes a 30 minutes behavioral interviews and a 30 minutes case study. Round two combines a little bit of behavioral but is mostly geared towards the case study- usually 60 minutes long

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions were a little unexpected for round 2.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

There are two parts to the first round interview, one case and one "fit" interview. Deloitte's cases are different than many of the other big firms, in that there are multiple parts and one "right answer" that you're supposed to get to on each part. The interview was not nearly as open ended as I anticipated, and the interviewer was relatively unhelpful in guiding me when I get stuck. Overall did not go very well, and I did not receive an offer for the second round. The "fit" part is very relaxed, and is more a conversation than anything else. Case interviewer was a Senior Consultant, while the "fit" interviewer was lower level.

Interview Questions
    • Question was about advising a global pharmaceutical company on a new drug roll-out in Europe.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

The first round interview involves a 30 minute case interview as well as a 30 minute fit interview. The case interviewer was fairly tough in terms of the expected answer, but the fit interviewer was very comfortable and receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to assign the axes of a graph showing product performance   Answer Question

I did not love to culture the company presented to me. It seemed a little cut-and-dry and serious.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Extremely inefficient HR. Online application was screened after many months I had joined the company. First had general maths test. Further, 2 face-to-face interviews with managers (basic cases about company operations optimization, cost reduction). Then home prepared case and presentation to director. In total 2 weeks process.

The offer negotiation did take place as it was take it or leave it. Horrible offer. No relocation assistance/house hunting/registration.