Deloitte

Updated 13 Nov 2014

3.1

137 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

The first round interview involves a 30 minute case interview as well as a 30 minute fit interview. The case interviewer was fairly tough in terms of the expected answer, but the fit interviewer was very comfortable and receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to assign the axes of a graph showing product performance   Answer Question

I did not love to culture the company presented to me. It seemed a little cut-and-dry and serious.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Extremely inefficient HR. Online application was screened after many months I had joined the company. First had general maths test. Further, 2 face-to-face interviews with managers (basic cases about company operations optimization, cost reduction). Then home prepared case and presentation to director. In total 2 weeks process.

The offer negotiation did take place as it was take it or leave it. Horrible offer. No relocation assistance/house hunting/registration.

Business Analyst Interview

The first round was a general aptitude,verbal and reasoning test
     2nd round- A Case Study
    3rd round- Interview

1)HR screening round 2) Technical round 3)verbal round 4)Technical round

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruited at an on campus information session. Application was very basic with no cover letter required. GPA requirement was a 3.4. Interview included two rounds on one day. First round was a thirty minute case and a thirty minute personality profile. There was no set order for these two interviews. Second interview was a sixty minute case / stress test.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to explain, but asked to explain a graphic that I did not understand.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation. Generous salary offer for an undergraduate candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

The recruitment process had 3 phases- first was an online exam to test your aptitude. This online test had 3 parts- quantitative aptitude,verbal aptitude and critical reasoning. The second phase was a case study. Each group was given a case and our approach to solve the problem was examined. It was developed to test whether the candidate is able to work in a team or not. The third phase was an interview. The interview consisted of the normal H R questions and some questions about your projects.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Having good communication skills and fluency in English is necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Aptitude test
    Case study
    Personal interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Hiring process started with a presentation about the company. The presentation was good and professional.
    Next, was the aptitude test which was conducted by aspiring minds (AMCAT). With no negative marking, the test was rather simple.
    Following the aptitude test was the case study which was a modified Group Discussion.
    Tough topic with great details and unexpected questions were features of the case study.
    The interview was rather easy, with questions that were mostly about strengths, weaknesses ..etc.

Interview Questions
    • Well, for the interview there were questions from the case study which were hard to deal with.   Answer Question